Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upc broadband router problem/recommendation

Options
  • 15-08-2012 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

i have a belkinN+wireless router MODEL F5D8235-4V1, for the past 2-3 yrs on upc cableand have to power on and off at least 3 times a week, its driving me mad,
    at this stage probably best that i replace it would like some recommendations please, live in standard 3bed semi, many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Yeah I had this problem for a few months, then it just went away. Was because UPC connection kept dropping then reconnecting, and this screwed up some of the other routers I had. Edimax wifi router connected to UPC router - kept having to manually reset the edimax. It didn't seem to recover gracefully.

However root of problem is UPC connection dropping, you can see it from logs. Even worse if playing games as you get dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭stoves1

hi, just wondering what did you do"you can see it from logs" how can i get this info, do i need to call upc to try and sort or would i be better getting a new router to sort, many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

On my edimax router I could look at the logs and see "no route to host" message start appearing. I also could see my windows losing it's wifi connection to upc at the same time, and then reconnecting. It's pretty obvious if you keep getting disconnected all the time.

Advertisement