Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to pay childminder??

Options
  • 15-08-2012 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hi all,

I was just wondering how much is the "norm" for paying a childminder in yur own home before i look for one?

I have 3 girls and would look for someone to mind them in their own home just for a few hours a week and dont know what t offer someone?

thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

A childminder in your hom is your employee so you are subject to employment law.
    You must pay at least minimum wage and their prsi.

If the minder minds them in her own home it i different and min wage does not apply.

For 3 kids it can often work out a similar cost for both depending on the ages of your kids.
    It does depend if you are in a city or not too .

Advertisement