Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pension value

Options
  • 15-08-2012 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

What is approx value of an annuity pension of 17.5K paid to a person (male) retiring at age 60?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 hwfs.ie

Are you asking how much pension you would receive from the 17.5k (about 725 pension per annum) or how much it would cost to have a pension of 17.5k per annum ( would cost approx €400,000)?

These figures are based on current annuity market rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 TerryOC

Thanks for the reply. The question was in relation the second option you mentioned. Another question, where can I find current annuity rates? I believe they are very low now - is an ARF a better option for a sum of 140,000?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 hwfs.ie

TerryOC wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. The question was in relation the second option you mentioned. Another question, where can I find current annuity rates? I believe they are very low now - is an ARF a better option for a sum of 140,000?

In relation to finding current annuity rates, i just called one of the insurers i am not sure how the public obtain these figures. if you are to invest the money into an ARF you need to meet the minimum requirements for an AMRF.

Annuity rates are very low at the minute, not knowing your circumstances it is difficult to state if an ARF is a better option or not.

Advertisement