Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Upcoming Interview: what should I know about the school?

• 15-08-2012 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi all,
    First-time poster here so am v v v sorry if I'm going about this in the wrong place or way!
    Basically I have my first teaching interview coming up and am v nervous. The school in question does not have a website and I am debating whether or not I should give them a ring to ask about the school beforehand? And if I were to do so what should I ask?
    I'd really appreciate any advice.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30 Rapunzels

Going on what type of school, ie Convent school or Community school, find out about the ethos associated with it.
    Get there in plenty of time and have a look around.
    Prepare things about yourself which tie in with questions you could ask - for example - 'Do you have a green schools committee?' and follow this with a relevant thing you have done or would hope to do.
    Good luck!

Also have an opinion and be aware of current teaching issues such as self evaluation of teaching...govt initiative on numer/liter..also have an example of how you would teach a topic in your area and what resources you would use and how you would teach spec ed student and include them and handle discipline

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Patches22

Great advice thanks v much! I should have probably mentioned that it is a vec school

Im in a vec school so it will be an interview panel probably with a independent person and the local board of mgt person as well as principal...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Patches22 wrote: »
    Great advice thanks v much! I should have probably mentioned that it is a vec school

If it is a VEC school you should be able to look up the county/city VEC website and they will probably have some information on the schools under their administration there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭bdoo

Patches22 wrote: »

If it is a VEC school you should be able to look up the county/city VEC website and they will probably have some information on the schools under their administration there.

Schooldays.ie I think has some info about all schools. O think I saw thirdlevel progression rrates on it might give an idea if the school is highly academic or not. Of course this is not the best indicator of school quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭seavill

There have been numerous threads both here and on edposts about interview questions.

Some very good advice given in them at times and some great sample questions.

I have used them in interviews myself.

I would suggest going and searching for them rather than starting a new thread as people tend not to answer the same questions over and over and you may be missing out on significant info.

Advertisement