Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I nearly bought a shirt with this slogan on it

• 15-08-2012 4:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭

igetawesome-434.jpg

I grinned at first. "Something I can wear out and show that I don't get drunk or drink but I can still be fun and enjoy myself.

But then a friend said its actually something more someone who likes to think that they are better when they are drunk would wear.
    I didn't even cop.

My question is as non drinkers, would you see it and react the same as me or would you recognise the print as something my friend suggested? Would you buy it/wear it indifferent of what opinion you had on it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭anhedonia

Unfortunately Ireland is the wrong country to wear a statement of your sobriety as a badge of honour. Would turn out to be more hassle than its worth imo. Personally I wouldnt want to have to justify my reasons for not drinking to every drunken dickhead that passes.

Edit: Oh yeah, and it does seem condescending to those who like to get drunk.... and not get awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

anhedonia wrote: »
    Unfortunately Ireland is the wrong country to wear a statement of your sobriety as a badge of honour. Would turn out to be more hassle than its worth imo. Personally I wouldnt want to have to justify my reasons for not drinking to every drunken dickhead that passes.

Well i have a good group of friends, all who which know i dont drink but dont hold it against me, but sometimes they can get real serious-ish about it. As in not sending me up for rounds and that. So i had more them in mind than the random dipstick who feels the need to ask me why i am drinking coke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I wouldn't wear that t shirt because of the word awesome on it,personally don't like that word :-)To answer your question,Yep that's what its saying,I don't get drunk I get better,agree with your friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

CM punk wrote: »
    Well i have a good group of friends, all who which know i don't drink but don't hold it against me, but sometimes they can get real serious-fish about it. As in not sending me up for rounds and that. So i had more them in mind than the random dipstick who feels the need to ask me why i am drinking coke.

Its more likely my age group (50ish:)) But I find people around me now actually respect that I don't drink alcohol no more and actually quite a lot of then tell me how they are going to do the exact same as me as they need to cut down,all the while they are ordering there pints and small ones ;)

Advertisement