Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby shower gift ideas?

Options
  • 15-08-2012 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi guys,

I'm going to my cousins baby shower and this is my first one. She is expecting a girl. What are typical baby shower gifts? I looked up online and everything was really expensive like strollers and cots etc... any ideas.

Many thanks MC :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Same thing you'd normally buy when a baby is born, I assume these gifts are in lieu of the gifts that are usually given when the baby is born? :eek:

Clothes, blankets, soft toy, silver baby knife and fork, piggy bank, baby photo frame etc

Set a budget that suits you and head to Mothercare or Argos or something, no doubt there will be something in your price range.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 MC88

Same thing you'd normally buy when a baby is born, I assume these gifts are in lieu of the gifts that are usually given when the baby is born? :eek:

Clothes, blankets, soft toy, silver baby knife and fork, piggy bank, baby photo frame etc

Set a budget that suits you and head to Mothercare or Argos or something, no doubt there will be something in your price range.

Good idea, although i fear i would have to buy a present after the baby is born as well. Is that something you would do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

As a recent parent to a baby girl, here's what I think you should do. Buy a pile of plain bibs with nothing on them. Then buy a pile of fabric pens and have everyone at the shower decorate a bib. Our little one is 6 months old and we still use all the bibs!

You could also buy a big pile of baby spit up cloths, the muslin ones are the best, i think boots have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

MC88 wrote: »
    Good idea, although i fear i would have to buy a present after the baby is born as well. Is that something you would do?

No chance, that would be way OTT, one gift for the baby shower or when it's born.

Advertisement