Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixmania order...

Options
  • 15-08-2012 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭

Yes I know I know, Pixmania! I should have listened...

I placed an order for three computer components on Saturday the 11th.
    All the items were in stock at time of order and are in stock currently.
    I chose and paid extra for 'express delivery' from UPS.

On Monday 13th I was asked to validate myself by calling them, which I did about 11am. It was accepted and the order went to the 'preparation' stage.

Only one of the items has made it past this stage and was dispatched to me.
    I received the item on the 14th (delivered by taxi, inside a box twice the size of the item, with no packaging pieces but I digress...).

So since the 13th my two remaining order items have been sitting in 'preparation'.
    I have emailed (little-to-no response) and called Pixmania numerous times.
    Yesterday twice I was told on the phone that the remaining order items would definitely dispatch, but that never materialised.

Earlier today I was told a problem had occurred when I placed the order but it was being sorted now and would definitely dispatch today.
    I rang again just now to be told it would likely dispatch today "or tomorrow morning at the latest sir...".
    Admittedly at this stage I am trying to be as much of a nuisance as possible to them.

Strangely when I placed the order my bank balance went down the appropriate amount (but with nothing showing on the statements).
    Now it has gone back up to the balance I had before placing the order, despite receiving one of the order items.

I had banked on receiving these items this week, and now am in a position that even if I order elsewhere, I won't have them until Monday at the earliest.

Well played Pixmania, well played...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Shy_Dave! wrote: »
    Yes I know I know, Pixmania! I should have listened...

</thread>

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

a14.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Yep yep yep,

As a further update I had emailed an employee who works with Pixmania, I had read about her being helpful in the past so I gave it a go...

I had an email from her this morning apologising for what has happened (a glitch).
    Not only have the items seemingly been handed over to UPS for delivery, a refund process has started to give me back full delivery costs (23 euro).
    Funny thing is that my bank balance is still showing the balance I had previous to the order!

I'll update this tomorrow when the delivery 'should' arrive, hopefully the contents have not been eaten by mice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Boards frowns upon naming employees of any company. Best remove her name.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭ShaneScouse

Srry to hear buddy, also whats wrong with pixmania? Ive used em several times in the past always get them in fast time and easy to track, never a prob. Im taking it I was just very lucky?

• Advertisement

Srry to hear buddy, also whats wrong with pixmania? Ive used em several times in the past always get them in fast time and easy to track, never a prob. Im taking it I was just very lucky?

Apparently so. I have read a few horror stories about very very late deliveries/poor customer service/deliveries arriving without the actual ordered item in box/the list goes on! I took a chance as the prices I got were a lot cheaper than elsewhere.

Let's see if the items arrive tomorrow and in what state!

As an update:
    Last two items arrived today finally.
    Much better packaged, sealed up and seem to be working fine.

Unlikely to shop with Pixmania again though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

I know this may seem strange, but I have used them over 20 times now, and they have been 100% everytime!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

98% of customers from any company will be happy - its how a company deal with the 2% that shows true CS.

Advertisement