Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Failing maths

• 15-08-2012 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Well I failed maths for my leaving cert today and im gutted by it, I pass all the rest of my subjects and got the required points I need for my course but a pass is needed to get into the course, I've never felt so depressed in my life before till this morning :( Everyone asking me what am I gunna do next? and you gotta go back and repeat and all this crack and it's really annoying me :( What options have I got now? I don't wanna repeat cause I just wouldn't be able stick school any longer and couldn't go through all that torture for another year!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 243 ✭✭chunkylover4

I may be wrong but I think you can just sit Maths next years and use your points from this year. You could get a job for the coming year or do a Fetac course or something similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 243 ✭✭chunkylover4

Just arrange for a school to sit the exam in and then send an application to the exams board. That saves you repeating school and you can just focus on passing maths academically

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Lots of people I know who have repeated, only repeated Maths to get the matriculation grade :)

You could study yourself, get grinds, or some teachers will forward you notes and tests/let you sit on classes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Well firstly I would apply to view your script. Ask your maths teacher if they can check it with you, or any maths teacher in your school who might have experience with correcting papers.

Check the requirements of your course and see if they have any special maths exam for those who failed LC maths. I'm pretty sure its done in some ITs.

If it does come down to repeating the year, you would only have to repeat maths (if you were pretty sure that the points you have now will be enough for the course again next year), so you wouldn't be attending school all day every day - you could try to get a job for the year and save up money for college.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 dantosh

<stupid comment snipped>
    dantosh take a break from this forum and read the charter

• Advertisement
Advertisement