Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant letter arrived

Options
  • 15-08-2012 5:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

Delighted to see the grant letter for latest application laying inside the door today.

Not too bad, whole process took 2 weeks from application to grant letter.

Now the suspense to see if the little 'S' is on the license when it arrives :)

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

It's a new application and not a renewal?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Tikkat3

Ezridax wrote: »
    It's a new application and not a renewal?

New application Ez, I am very impressed as its not two weeks until Friday.

Things are obviously speeding up :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

That's a good outcome especially this close to the renewals.

Congrats.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Ezridax wrote: »
    That's a good outcome especially this close to the renewals.

Congrats.

Thanks Ez,

I hope my renewals go as smoothly!

The local FO is very decent so I think that played its part, plus I had a good meeting with him face to face and explained my requirements.

Looking forward to the license arriving now and collecting the gun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Mike87

What type of rifle did you go for? :D:p

• Advertisement

Mike87 wrote: »
    What type of rifle did you go for? :D:p

I was finding the .223 a bit much for some of the vermin I want to shoot so I got Air Arms S410 Xtra FAC .22 air rifle which packs a nice punch at 30-32ft/lb for the bunnies and all the bloody magpies I have around my way :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Mike87

Tikkat3 wrote: »
    I was finding the .223 a bit much for some of the vermin I want to shoot so I got Air Arms S410 Xtra FAC .22 air rifle which packs a nice punch at 30-32ft/lb for the bunnies and all the bloody magpies I have around my way :)

Just after looking it up, looks to be a very nice rifle. You'll have to put up a video and show all the nay-sayers around here just how good an air-rifle can be for getting rabbits :D

Best of luck with it :)

Mike87 wrote: »
    Just after looking it up, looks to be a very nice rifle. You'll have to put up a video and show all the nay-sayers around here just how good an air-rifle can be for getting rabbits :D

Best of luck with it :)

Cheers Mike, its a sweet rifle and supposed to be very powerful on full power but can be brought down to 6ft/lb but I wouldnt want to do that :rolleyes:

Read a lot about them and they seem to be more than capable on bunnies at least. Not sure of the ranges but lads report pellets going through rabbits at 50 yards, i think 40 would be my comfort zone until I learn more about the power and accuracy :)

Advertisement