Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good hind boots for racing

Options
  • 15-08-2012 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭

Pretty much as it says in the title: I'm looking for a pair of hind boots that are suitable for racing. I don't want something too heavy or thick, just something that will protect the horse's tendons if/when some muppet rides too close and catches his heels. I don't want to spend a fortune on them, but up to €60 or €80 would be my budget.

I found some really good boots in TRI recently, but they either didn't have the size I needed, they were pink or purple, or they could only find one of the boots!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

How about the premier equine air cooled eventing boots? They might have racing range too.

I can vouch for the quality of their stuff.

http://www.premierequine.co.uk/acatalog/Air_Cooled_Eventing_Boots.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

TRI are pretty good about ordering stuff in if they don't have in stock... spotted the purple ones still there yesterday!

But if you are popping to RDS , you should be able to get a decent pair at a decent price.
    convert wrote: »
    Pretty much as it says in the title: I'm looking for a pair of hind boots that are suitable for racing. I don't want something too heavy or thick, just something that will protect the horse's tendons if/when some muppet rides too close and catches his heels. I don't want to spend a fortune on them, but up to €60 or €80 would be my budget.

I found some really good boots in TRI recently, but they either didn't have the size I needed, they were pink or purple, or they could only find one of the boots!

Advertisement