Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Young, (45) free, single, must travel

Options
  • 15-08-2012 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Question is where to....

I want to relocate away... Go on an adventure as it were. I may go for 6 months or I might never come back.

What countries should I rule out realistically given my age? I looked at Oz, it's a bit far having given it much consideration, now wondering about Canada, or maybe even somewhere closer to home such as Spain.

I need an income of course. Have vast managerial experience in both retail and office, being familiar with all processes employed in the average Irish office. But I'll happily wash windows, once the pay is reasonable relative to effort expended and cost of living in the area.

What would you suggest???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

Hello VW,

I was reading you post on the other thread but thought I would reply here to you.

You mention going to Canada on a working holiday visa sadly due to your age this door is closed to you.
    The age limit on this 35.
    You mentioned camp work.

Maybe you apply to some of the general labour jobs listed below and they would be able to sponsor you

http://fortmcmurray.kijiji.ca/f-camp-jobs-W0QQCatIdZ45QQKeywordZcampQQisSearchFormZtrue

or in Saskatchewan

http://saskatchewan.kijiji.ca/f-camp-jobs-W0QQCatIdZ45QQKeywordZcampQQisSearchFormZtrue

You could use you off weeks for travel not sure how feasible that would be as you might be fit for nothing but sleep on your off weeks and air travel within Canada is dear enough

If an employer was going to sponsor you this is a good place to start reading:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/employers/lmo-basics.asp

Europe might be a better way to go as you have the ability to work pretty much anywhere in the EU.

Good luck anyways with what you decide

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭VirtualWorld

Thanks a mill for the reply. I was aware I would run into difficulties given my age alright.

With regards to having energy to enjoy the week off regarding 'camp' work, I've no doubt it would take some time to acclimatise in the new role and environment but I am fit as the proverbial fiddle (whatever exactly that means) and packed full of energy, so I'm pretty sure I will be able to cope with that one.

Thank you very much for those links. I will take a look now. All input and ideas greatly welcome. I really am struggling with narrowing down my options here. Isn't it great that the world is our oyster? :)

Advertisement