Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaker Breaker

• 15-08-2012 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

http://breaker-breaker.net/

my new CB related forum. need a few names to get it off the ground.

thanks all!!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Wotty

Hey, really cool site you set up bud!

If you need any advice I'll be happy to help out as i am a communications expert. I can help out with ariel advice, repair advice, afterburner advice etc. I have had a cb for years and years, the modern radios now have so many channels and freebands available it can be daunting for a new commer. So anybody that needs help just shout.

Looking forward to meeting you all online and on the box.

Well done on a really excellent site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Aerial

An ariel is a fairy or washing powder or messenger or BBC in house journal.

Just saying as you are a communications expert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Xantia

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭swedex

Wotty wrote: »
    Hey, really cool site you set up bud!

If you need any advice I'll be happy to help out as i am a communications expert. I can help out with ariel advice, repair advice, afterburner advice etc. I have had a cb for years and years, the modern radios now have so many channels and freebands available it can be daunting for a new commer. So anybody that needs help just shout.

Looking forward to meeting you all online and on the box.

Well done on a really excellent site.
    watty wrote: »
    Aerial

An ariel is a fairy or washing powder or messenger or BBC in house journal.

Just saying as you are a communications expert.
    In case you didn't notice Watty, wotty's a troll with some sort of strange parody account of you. I guess you could be flattered that your posts stand out above the majority of noise on this site that somebody would bother do it.

I think you are a troll.

I haven’t been argueing with anybody or annoying anybody have I?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭swedex

I think you are a troll.

I haven’t been argueing with anybody or annoying anybody have I?
    Oh I love a good trolling as much as the next person, but yours needs to be more subtle. You have the basics of denying and accusing someone else down, I also like the change of font for affect. Stay out of the techinal forums where trolling can be easily dismissed until you're an experienced troll, start off with psychic sites, they'll believe anything. You have potential though.

Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 419 ✭✭eiei0

My F-16 Falcon's afterburner is not functioning correctly, I think it might be a problem with the dilithium crystals or the flux capacitors, Can you point me in the right direction ???
    If you need any advice I'll be happy to help out as i am a communications expert. I can help out with ariel advice, repair advice, afterburner advice .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

It's me again...the dark shadow of radio transmission on government frequencies.

Wotty, turn left on a heading of 260 degrees, your flight-plan is now adjusted
    to a heading of 370 blue 1 flight level 370 liffey blue one alpha on track.

Call me on ILS approach on frequency 124.050

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Folks, please refrain from the trolling and accusations of trolling, otherwise cards/bans will be given.

Thanks, Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 OFFALY ROVER

I wish you the very best of luck with it.I was a CB operator a long time ago,started in the early 80s and made contacts all over the globe,it was great fun.I was thinking of looking into starting up again on the CB. I would love to know does anybody know whats happening out there now in CB land??

• Advertisement

Its pretty busy on the box, especially if you give it the time it needs. Lots of breakers from all over the world at certian times of the day.

Its a great pastime and as you already know you can meet some great people from around the world .

Best of luck with your return to the hobby, I hope to copy you on the box soon.

Thanks for that wotty.Its great to hear that the bands are busy with stations from all around the world .It sure does bring back great memories.If its any interest to you Wotty I had a home base station which included a president Jackson CB along with a home made antenna a friend made. Later I had a president Lincoln with an antron 99 which yielded great results.I also had a midland 40 radio with a dv 27 antenna in the car.I was only a teenager back in those days but it sure did keep me out of mischief. What kind of a set up have you got yourself? What kind of skip is coming through, anything from the states?? If I do get back into it I hope to copy you on the box also, thank you.:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bud1970

eiei0 wrote: »
    My F-16 Falcon's afterburner is not functioning correctly, I think it might be a problem with the dilithium crystals or the flux capacitors, Can you point me in the right direction ???
    hmmmm, we have a comedian i see, just in case you are wondering, afterburner is cb slang for an rf amplifier, also known as heat, or a linear...

nice try though........:pac:

for the people that posted here already with a genuine interest, we are still online, and still looking for members. dont cost nothing to join, the more the merrier!!!

www.breaker-breaker.net

I hear the skip is quite good at the moment.Has it reached it peak on this cycle yet, or what is the prediction for the next 3 years or so? Thank you:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

The current prediction for Sunspot Cycle 24 gives a smoothed sunspot number maximum of about 69 in the Fall of 2013. The smoothed sunspot number has already reached 67 (in February 2012)due to the strong peak in late 2011 so the official maximum will be at least this high and this late. We are currently over four years into Cycle 24. The current predicted and observed size makes this the smallest sunspot cycle since Cycle 14 which had a maximum of 64.2 in February of 1906.
    Link here >>>> http://solarscience.msfc.nasa.gov/predict.shtml

:) Thank you very much for that very interesting information. Thats good news for anyone that enjoys dx ing. I look forward to having a look at the link you very kindly provided,it is very much appreciated thank you. Happy dx ing if you are on the radio yourself , I wish you the best of luck with it. All the best for the moment.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bandit7388

just put up a thread relating to cb in limerick to see whats going on down in this 10/20 anyone remember all the 10 codes???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I never knew the 10 codes, A very American thing? I got my 1st CB over 30 years after my Amateur licence. I do have several CBs somewhere now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Magnum

CB/DXing is busy in Ireland at the moment when conditions are right, have a look at this site www.dx27.net

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bandit7388

listening here in limerick on ch19 for the past few hours and nothing,just using a handset that i got for very cheap on ebAY am/fm
    sold all my gear years ago galaxy saturn antron99 sorry i sold out though but needed cash for another project,,if things are so quiet then there must be loads of old sets in attics and garages around the country,would love to collect the old ones,my 1st was a president ar7 40ch back in early 80s.great set would love it for for nostalgia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

look on ebay.

Ham Multimode 11s are still getting around the hundred euro mark.

that's why I went ham.

my Yaesu FT101B cost the same as a Ham Jumbo,

after playing around with the crystals, I have roughly 100w across 10, 12, 17, 20, 40, 80, & 160m bands. on AM, CW and SSB.

contacts since october?

ALL continents except Antarctica.......

it aint CB!!

Advertisement