Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question about academic scholarships...

• 15-08-2012 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

I was just wondering if, in order to get an academic scholarship, do you need to have the points for it without the 25 bonus points for honours maths?

I hope this doesn't seem like a stupid question. :P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Interesting question, hadn't thought of that actually! I did a quick search of the NUI Galway Excellence Scholarships (I assume you mean the entrance scholarships) and one section says "No bonus points will be added for any subject" (Link here). I'd say if you just google the college you're looking for with "entrance scholarship" you'll get the guidelines for this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Well I know i'm going to get the Entrance Scholarship to NUIM as I got 25 points over the amount needed, I didn't do Honours Maths though so i'm not sure if it still applies if you got your points from bonus points!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

I'm pretty sure NUIG don't take the bonus points into account for the scholarship anyway, if that's a help!

Advertisement