Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bought a car in the north.....

Options
  • 15-08-2012 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi All,

I have also posted this in the motors section as i would like to get as much advice on this as possible.

I Purchased a car in the north from a dealer 10 weeks ago along with a 6 month warranty. I was told at the time of purchase that if anything went wrong with the car, all i had to do is get the car to the border (Newry) and they would take over from there and get it fixed for us as long as it wasnt the clutch, wipers or bulbs.

Last week we were away in Kerry and the car broke down. Two injectors went. Having contacted the dealer they said that the car must be returned to there address in the north and that an assessor would decide whether the car would be fixed or not. If not then i would have to get it towed back down and have it fixed myself. This was not stated at the outset when purchasing the warranty nor was i given any paper work for the warranty.

What are my options here as i would like to reclaim the £300 for the warranty that was missold to me and also the €780 which it is costing to have the injector repaired.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement