Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pyrex plate

Options
  • 15-08-2012 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭

Anyone know who stocks pyrex plates. Great for apple tarts :)

110k6ts.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

I have seen them in Dunnes and Heaton's.

We got some in Dunnes before, it was quite a while ago now, but I've seen them there since then.

Shaws stores sometimes have them too

http://www.shaws.ie/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Homestore & More usually have them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Oddly enough the two euro shops/ discount stores in my area often a good bet for them. Take a look in the homeware section of Dunnes, Tesco or Supervalu. They sometimes have them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Pyrex is a brand name for one type of borsilicate glass. So you might be paying a bit extra just for the name, so do not limit yourself to just this one brand of heat resistant glass plate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

TK Maxxxxxx might be worth a look too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭phormium

I would have thought they wouldn't be great for tarts as the glass is slower to conduct the heat so 'soggy bottom' no? Prefer the old fashioned enamel plates.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭EZ24GET

i don't know why but I've never had a soggy bottom crust in my glass pie plate. It seems like it would but they aren't - makes nice crusts.

Advertisement