Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in the Kingdom

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

• Registered Users Posts: 22 KBB

kerrywez wrote: »
    Hi you may have tested the location, but not in my presence and far from not being able to get your service here, I know for a fact that I could get it no problem, as I can see the mast as clear as I can see the letters I am typing here. As for the issues I have, you never took any notice of my request to you, at the time this is referring to, and don't even think about saying you did, because if you do then it will be lies you will be telling. I have no desire to get into any slaging episode with you regarding this matter. Like landline, your service will become redundant when 4G arrives, which will not be that long now, I have been told, so I do not require your service now.

Thanks for your good wishes and I wish you nothing but the best of luck.

Best regards Wez

Hi Wesley,

Just to clarify again, We received an email from you on the 25/1/12 requesting details about our service. We replied on the same day looking for directions and we never received any reply. We received an email from you 10 months later on the 16/11/12 which gave specific directions. We tested the area and it is not suitable. Just because you can see a mast does not mean you can obtain a service. Each antenna has a bandwidth of approx 120 degrees. if you are within that beam, you can probably get service. if you are near the edge or outside the beam, the signal would not be of the quality required. The last thing we want is for a customer to get installed on a fine day only to have a loss in service when its raining.
    You state that you have to go back to Three. If you can see the masts clearly, why don't you contact other providers operating from the same location. I'm sure they can assist you to the extent that you will not have to rely on 3G. Like in the UK, 4G is not really a threat to other providers. Yes you may receive fast burst speeds however the traffic limits are pathetic. If you wish to discuss further, I would request that you email us directly as it we do not wish to disclose personal names or house addresses on a public forum.
    I do hope you can get a better provider but at this point, we are unable to assist.

KBB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Fair play to KBB for coming on to respond. On the talk to forum you could be waiting 2-3 days for much larger companies to get back to you and they have their own dedicated forums!
    kerrywez wrote: »
    I have gone back to three that is how bad it got, some time I am getting bursts of over 10mbps but not often and not for very long either, but they are getting better. If they can ever get their heads out the sand and sort out their 4G then I see no advantage in going to a landline service as 4g should be way better and cheaper also, mind you they seem to be very good at dropping this connection for 5 to 10 mins at a time when it suites them, usually at the weekend and nights, bloody annoying when you are depending on it to watch something, so they would need to get that sorted first, thing is that nobody in this country seems to give a sh!t about customer support, well what for them passes as it.

Thanks again and good luck Wez
    Have a look at the coverage maps for mobile broadband
    http://www.vodafone.ie/coverage/
    http://www.three.ie/products_services/coverage/index.html#
    http://www1.meteor.ie/mobilebroadband/coverage/
    http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Shop/Broadband/Coverage+checker/

3G has been in Ireland for about 10 years and they are all pretty poor by European standards. Even in Tralee, it can be patchy enough if you are moving around. Do you expect to have 4g when it launches? It will probably take 2 years before the coverage is reasonable in town. Out the country, I don't know how long you will be waiting.
    Anyway, as far as I know with Three you can get a signal booster if you are using their broadband, might be worth checking it out anyway.

Advertisement