Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Duke of Edinburgh rushed to hospital

• 15-08-2012 7:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

Poor old bugger back in hospital,out of all the royals he us the most entertaining with his classic gaffes and humor.
    Let's hope he makes a speedy recovery and is back to his best soon.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Get well soon Mr. Edinburgh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

ah no......are there any more chipsticks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Cassidy28

I hope he makes a speedy recovery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Harvesting his lifeforce to keep Thatcher alive I heard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,464 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

It's quite possible he may die sometime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I hope he has an Asian doctor. The conversations would be great.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭EZ24GET

Well. yes. everyone will die sometime, but hope his time isn't here.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Fr.Buzz

That old coffin-dodger at it again.!! Hope he will recover..He's the only one of them that is a bit of crack..!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭SocSocPol

Poor oul "Phil the Bubble", hope the oul codger recovers, adds a bit of colour to the so called "Royals".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

kneemos wrote: »

its quite possible we all may die sometime

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »

Yes a lesbian dwarf one. And live streaming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Old man having bladder trouble. I can't believe that was a news item.

Which reminds why don't they shoot that bloody whale in Baltimore Habour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

You take that back.

You take that back.

How?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Ah the Duke. One of my favourite Inbetweeners scenes.

Will started banging on the Duke of Edinburgh awards.

Neil: who's the Duke of Edinburgh
    Will: bloke married to the queen
    Neil: the king?
    Will: no Neil....he's not the king
    Neil: but he fu(ks the queen?

Not exact quote but something along those lines.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

its quite possible we all may die sometime
    Woah... Thats deep maaaan.

He looks a decent old squart in fairness.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Which reminds why don't they shoot that bloody whale in Baltimore Habour.
    Watch your mouth. Mary Harney & Sile de Valera are entitled to go swimming in Cork, just not together, at the same time and place or in the same ocean, because there could be consequences, for places like Japan I mean, tsunamis and so on and if they fart underwater well Iceland is under threat immediately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

I'd have loved to have had a microphone trained on him for the Olympics opening ceremony. The comments outta him would probably have made Bernard Manning blush!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

<in Prince Philips voice> What do you mean you were born here???
    Which reminds me why don't they shoot that bloody whale in Baltimore Habour.

Yeah what da fuqs the story with that.

Irish whale and dolphin society: "Its too big to put to sleep"
    Cut a major artery and it will die within minutes. Not the weeks of pain a suffering you have sentencing her to.

Irish whale and dolphin society: "its injured and starving"
    Feed it, maybe it will recover and swim out again.

Irish whale and dolphin society: "its very big"
    Me: You are very stupid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Pantsface

Phil is my favourite.

Hope he gets better soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

He's probably slapping the nurses on the ass and making inappropriate comments

He gets away with it as he is a legend :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

syklops wrote: »
    Cut a major artery and it will die within minutes. Not the weeks of pain a suffering you have sentencing her to.

I presume we are trying to move it down to Kerry, they have more experience with getting rid of dead babys whales

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

MetalDog wrote: »
    I'd have loved to have had a microphone trained on him for the Olympics opening ceremony. The comments outta him would probably have made Bernard Manning blush!

204 countries, 204 jokes :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Pity he wasn't doing the commentating on the Olympics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

204 countries, 204 jokes :D

Philip "I say, Elizabeth, some of these foreign types look as if they'd be quite good at throwing the spe . . ."

Elizabeth "Javelin, dear, it's called a javelin"

Philip "I was going to say that, of course"

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭slippy wicket

syklops wrote: »

<in Prince Philips voice> What do you mean you were born here???
    Which reminds me why don't they shoot that bloody whale in Baltimore Habour.

Yeah what da fuqs the story with that.

Irish whale and dolphin society: "its injured and starving"
    Feed it, maybe it will recover and swim out again.

Irish whale and dolphin society: "its very big"
    Me: You are very stupid.

Get the army boys to put a shaped charge on its head, because of all the blubber it would be hard to cut an artery.
    Just don't use too much as it makes a very big mess.

Get the army boys to put a shaped charge on its head, because of all the blubber it would be hard to cut an artery.
    Just don't use too much as it makes a very big mess.

50 calibre between the eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Im suprised about the comments so far in this thread (get well comments) knowing he is a british royal :pac:

But honestly I dont see what the big huff about it is. He is 91, has had a long and good life so far. I dont wish any badness on him. But is it really news worthy of the calibur its recieving?

I mean there was a bus crash today in the uk. Bus went off a bridge and a few people died. But thats taking second fiddle to the Duke in Hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

Im suprised about the comments so far in this thread (get well comments) knowing he is a british royal :pac:

But honestly I dont see what the big huff about it is. He is 91, has had a long and good life so far. I dont wish any badness on him. But is it really news worthy of the calibur its recieving?

I mean there was a bus crash today in the uk. Bus went off a bridge and a few people died. But thats taking second fiddle to the Duke in Hospital.

Why dont you go off and start a thread on that then?

If you dont like the thread, dont click on it, dont read it. Dont be an arse and ask why it is newsworthy when x is happening at the same time. Your comment is as useful as the guy who shouts "LOUD NOISES" in Anchorman

engrish? wrote: »

If you dont like the thread, dont click on it, dont read it. Dont be an arse and ask why it is newsworthy when x is happening at the same time. Your comment is as useful as the guy who shouts "LOUD NOISES" in Anchorman

wtf? :confused:
    I just made a post in a thread. My opinion. You'd swear I just said "wish he dies!" with that response.

Oh, but buddy ;) this aint your thread. you don't own boards. you aint even a mod! lol. So you can gladly STFU ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,329 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I'm surprised that there haven't been people in here going on about oppression and stuff.

I think he'd be a gas man to sit down and have a pint with. Hope he gets better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Got a link to where they died? Two people were injured according to Sky and BBC news

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

Oh, but buddy ;) this aint your thread. you don't own boards. you aint even a mod! lol. So you can gladly STFU ;)

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Pantsface

I love him

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Got a link to where they died? Two people were injured according to Sky and BBC news

I was watching BBC news earlier (hence why I said 'But is it really news worthy of the calibur its recieving?' as BBC news were talking about the Duke for ages and only that story for for about 2 minutes.)

They said several died. But seems BBC are reporting otherwise now. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-19267414 - Stating it was a bands tour bus. But only two were injured :confused: There was even a live reporting from the crash and the reporter said people died? :confused:

:pac:

How about a ...:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Are all you folk sedated, Lovely man this and not a bad sort that, He is and always has been a fcuking nazi. hope he chokes to death slowly.

not yet wrote: »
    Are all you folk sedated, Lovely man this and not a bad sort that, He is and always has been a fcuking nazi. hope he chokes to death slowly.

I remember reading somewhere he did have connections and related to certain Nazi members.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭NSNO

Would this be the same man who, er, fought against the Nazis?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Yes the duke was related to Nazis, I heard he had to change his name. But the queen also disowned her cousins who had special needs..oooo ah....

He seemed like a kind enough soul, he always made me laugh anyway lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

I presume we are trying to move it down to Kerry, they have more experience with getting rid of dead babys whales

give this guy a stage and microphone, Frankie Boyle eat your heart out....:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Pantsface wrote: »
    I love him

I love Lamp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

NSNO wrote: »
    Would this be the same man who, er, fought against the Nazis?

Take a history lesson, when you do get back to me. cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

My friend met him at Trinity. Said he was hilarious. Told some head dude of a wave powered energy project not to bother with such nonsense! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

syndeyfife wrote: »
    Yes the duke was related to Nazis, I heard he had to change his name. But the queen also disowned her cousins who had special needs..oooo ah....

He seemed like a kind enough soul, he always made me laugh anyway lol

They all have German ancestry so thats where the Nazi rumours more or less come from.that Edward the VIII guy who abdicated his throne ( Queen Elizabeth succeeded him) was a nazi sympathiser I like Prince Phillip though, hope hes ok!

Not the worst old codger about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

I find him hilarious and really wished he had that Guinness when he was here! Hope he gets better.

His brother-in-law had nazi links, not him btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭cml387

Take a history lesson, when you do get back to me. cheers

You mean the evil Nazi's that the Irish Republic fought against.

No, wait..

• Advertisement
Advertisement