Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfair (IMO) infraction by Our man in Havana

Options
  • 15-08-2012 7:15pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭

I received an infraction for personal abuse in the following thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056725451

This is the post in question:
    KamiKazi wrote: »
    Anan1 incoming.

Here is the infraction I received:
    Dear KamiKazi,

You have been infracted for personal abuse.

This site is for civil discussion and so we don't allow discussion to descend into name calling and petty abuse.

Please see the Boards.ie FAQ for more details.

If you wish to appeal this infraction you can see details on how to do so here.

Our man in Havana

Moderator Note

Don't do that again

Your post:
    Anan1 incoming.

Here was my response to the notification:
    KamiKazi wrote:
    Why not?

What was abusive about my post?

I didn't realise being "not cool" was against the charter!

Despite being online, the moderator in question repeatedly ignored my PM so I requested on the thread that he respond.

I finally got a response:
    Firstly, you cannot demand I respond to your PM. Also using bold text and questioning me on thread is not allowed. Do it again and you shall be banned.

You have received this infraction for abuse towards another poster. Just because someone has differing views does not mean they cannot post.

This is my final word on the matter. If you are unhappy then appeal via the DRP processes. I shall not be responding to PMs on this subject.

Good day.

I'd like to know how exactly my post is considered abusive. I never once used an abusive term, nor did I post in an aggressive manner. All I did was pre-empt that a specific poster would respond to the thread - I never once tried to prohibit him from posting, I did not say what I thought his opinions might be, nor did I ever indicate that I would not agree with his opinion.

I also cannot find anything in the charter about the bold font function being for moderator use only.

This looks to be yet another case of the moderator looking out for the ex-moderator.

I look forward to your reply.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Any chance of a response?

I guess not. Great DRP.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Sorry KamiKazi,

This was actually discussed between the Rec Cmods recently but we each must of assumed one of the others would handle it.

Give me a few minutes and I'll be back to you.

Micky

Looking at it again, it would appear it was mine to deal with so sorry again in the delay.

Mod discretion is something we value here and going on some of your past posts you seem to have an axe to grind with that poster in question. Here are a few examples of you trolling/flaming/baiting said poster.

must be killing Anan1 not being allowed post in here smile.gif
    They put the chain through my wheel so removing it without damage wasn't an option. Didn't stop me though biggrin.gif

Warning to Anan1: this picture might give you a stroke, look away now!

You got warned for this one:
    Anan1's self righteous ass incoming!

You got banned for this one:
    I'd like to put forward a motion to ban Anan1 from posting in any clamping threads, past and present.

You are clearing digging away at the poster and the infraction is justified.

You were also just back from a month ban and you post it, you were lucky you weren't permabanned from motors.

In fact I am surprised you have not been site banned with the record you have. 26 bans, 19 reds and 12 yellows with just over 5,500 posts. That's quite frankly shocking.

In relation to the writing in bold, that wasn't the issue, the issue was you questioned a mod instruction on thread. This derails threads and is in every charter on every forum right across boards.

You are free to have an Admin review my findings if you so wish.

Micky

Yes I questioned the mod on thread but as he refused to answer my PM what else could I do (as its the first stage of the DRP)?

I have a fair few bans, but I have been on the site 8 years or thereabouts.

I crossed the line before with regards to that poster before - that's fine, I accepted the punishment. This time however I did not. I was under the impression that the mantra on boards was 'attack the post, not the poster'? Its seems to be a given that I only received the infraction because of my previous posts in the Motors forum.

I still don't see how 'Anan1 incoming' is in any way obusive or offensive.

• Advertisement

Yes I questioned the mod on thread but as he refused to answer my PM what else could I do (as its the first stage of the DRP)?

I have a fair few bans, but I have been on the site 8 years or thereabouts.

I crossed the line before with regards to that poster before - that's fine, I accepted the punishment. This time however I did not. I was under the impression that the mantra on boards was 'attack the post, not the poster'? Its seems to be a given that I only received the infraction because of my previous posts in the Motors forum.

I still don't see how 'Anan1 incoming' is in any way obusive or offensive.

I've bolded the important parts. This is exactly why you were infracted, and to be fair, the mod was well within his rights to hand down a ban.

Past sanctions seem not to have worked and you continue to try and get a rise out of the poster. Let it go.

Do you wish to have an Admin review this?

Advertisement