Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schoolbooks.ie

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DeeganW

If anyone has any outstanding issues with Schoolbooks.ie and can not get in touch with them, it should be helpful to know that they can be contacted through their "other" name which is AEON Solutions ltd. If you search and find their internet page and click on their "Contact us" tab you will find a phone number and address that they can be contacted on, there is also a photo of the building they occupy if you want to go down there. I'm sure they will be only happy to help anyone who has a problem(hah!)

I made an order with schoolbooks and was left without 2 books which were out of stock, I emailed and rang several times without a reponse over the course of 3 weeks, finally I got through a week and a half ago (only after trying the "new transaction" option on the recording) and demanded a refund seeing as how I had already got the books elsewhere. I was told my refund was processed immediately and that it would be in my account within 3 days. 5 days later and still trying their phone without success I sent another email stating I would be getting on to the National Consumer Authority about them. Then to my horror, today I had a look at the order online and was riled to see that the remaining books were being processed.
    I had enough at this stage and said I was going down to them, arrived at Oak Road, Western Industrial Estate, Dublin 12 and could find no sign of a schoolbooks.ie warehouse. Looked up OakWest house on the internet and noticed that apparently "AOEN Solutions" also occupied this building. I pressed the buzzer at the gates to what looked like a derelict warehouse, to my suprise the gates opened and i drove inside and parked outside the office building, (Huge warehouse & only 3 cars in car park didn't inpspire me with confidence) Walked in and asked if I had found the legendary long lost offices of Schoolbooks.ie and was told Yes!?? How can I help you? Bemused I gave the receptionist my booking number and told her I was due a refund on 2 books. She said they were already sent for delivery but then said she would take the details upstairs (probably after spotting that the vein on my forehead was about to pop). She left me there for about 10 mins during which time I couldn't help but notice that the phone didn't ring once, very annoying considering they will not answer their advertised phone number, after pacing up and down several times the receptionist returned and handed me a cheque straight away and apologised for the confusion. Astonished I said nothing and walked out considering myself lucky to get anything. I would advise anyone in the same situation to contact them in this way, I had to travel from Kildare to Ballymount to get the refund but was worth it just to make sure they didn't get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Redtop

Has anyone successfully got Credit back from a cancelled order without having to drive to Dublin ? Not that easy, if you live 3 hours away by car. I initiated a Dispute through my bank over a week ago but they said they need another week to work on it. Still nobody picking up at Schoolbooks or AEON. I'm not overly confident.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DeeganW

Cheque cleared today, amazingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 j191

Was just as bad for workers to get paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭aca101

So following the ordeal of trying to get our books from schoolbooks.ie I decided to have a look at the prices for exam papers for my sis on their site seeing as they have a 10% off offer at the moment.

The sneaky thing is though they may be offering 10% but their prices for the exam papers are significantly higher than other sellers. For example I decided to price their junior cert irish papers; they have these at €6.95 rrp (less 10% = €6.26). I compared this to other online sellers and for the "craic" I looked at the price in my local shop; they were all selling them at €5.40.

Makes me wonder is this the case with all their books. I know I might seem a tad bitter and I probably am after I was burnt by them in the summer but I really can't believe the cheek of this crowd of chancers. I'd imagine they're the number online school book retailers in the country, just think it would be pretty low if this policy of offering a discount on the marked up price is their way of doing business across the board.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

DeeganW wrote: »
    If anyone has any outstanding issues with Schoolbooks.ie and can not get in touch with them, it should be helpful to know that they can be contacted through their "other" name which is AEON Solutions ltd. If you search and find their internet page and click on their "Contact us" tab you will find a phone number and address that they can be contacted on, there is also a photo of the building they occupy if you want to go down there. I'm sure they will be only happy to help anyone who has a problem(hah!)

I made an order with schoolbooks and was left without 2 books which were out of stock, I emailed and rang several times without a reponse over the course of 3 weeks, finally I got through a week and a half ago (only after trying the "new transaction" option on the recording) and demanded a refund seeing as how I had already got the books elsewhere. I was told my refund was processed immediately and that it would be in my account within 3 days. 5 days later and still trying their phone without success I sent another email stating I would be getting on to the National Consumer Authority about them. Then to my horror, today I had a look at the order online and was riled to see that the remaining books were being processed.
    I had enough at this stage and said I was going down to them, arrived at Oak Road, Western Industrial Estate, Dublin 12 and could find no sign of a schoolbooks.ie warehouse. Looked up OakWest house on the internet and noticed that apparently "AOEN Solutions" also occupied this building. I pressed the buzzer at the gates to what looked like a derelict warehouse, to my suprise the gates opened and i drove inside and parked outside the office building, (Huge warehouse & only 3 cars in car park didn't inpspire me with confidence) Walked in and asked if I had found the legendary long lost offices of Schoolbooks.ie and was told Yes!?? How can I help you? Bemused I gave the receptionist my booking number and told her I was due a refund on 2 books. She said they were already sent for delivery but then said she would take the details upstairs (probably after spotting that the vein on my forehead was about to pop). She left me there for about 10 mins during which time I couldn't help but notice that the phone didn't ring once, very annoying considering they will not answer their advertised phone number, after pacing up and down several times the receptionist returned and handed me a cheque straight away and apologised for the confusion. Astonished I said nothing and walked out considering myself lucky to get anything. I would advise anyone in the same situation to contact them in this way, I had to travel from Kildare to Ballymount to get the refund but was worth it just to make sure they didn't get away with it.

Thanks for this WD, any sign of the 2 books that were 'already sent out'?? Or what happened to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mugser

Cheque arrived today. Lesson learned.

Advertisement