Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cambridge satchel fluoro for college

• 15-08-2012 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭

Has anyone bought the copy cambridge satchel fluoros on ebay? They are around 50 quid.They look pretty similar , would you be a cheapy-boo and buy the imitation , or would you dish out for the real deal?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Check to see what they're made of. If it's crappy material it won't withstand everyday use and being filled with notebooks. The Cambridge leather ones would probably last longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Scrappychimow

It says they are 100% leather .

With postage the bill comes to 80 euro thats for a 11" one, its probably better dishing out the extra for the real mccoy.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/11-Vintage-classic-cambridge-satchel-Fluro-multi-colors-/110922118953?pt=US_CSA_WH_Handbags&var=&hash=item5f7d766c8e#ht_2925wt_1143

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I'd defo just pay the extra for the real thing as there isn't a huge saving to be made on the copy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

There's a few of them in the sale section of ASOS atm, you might be able to get the 10% student discount on that too :) .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Buy the real deal :) I'm always wary of "100% real leather" unless I can see and feel the bag (or it has a reputation like the Cambridge Satchel Company).

Only issue I see is would the 11" suit you for college? I got a 13" satchel in Italy (similar to a CSC bag), and it barely fits refill pads/A4 hardbacks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Scrappychimow

bscm wrote: »
    Buy the real deal :) I'm always wary of "100% real leather" unless I can see and feel the bag (or it has a reputation like the Cambridge Satchel Company).

Only issue I see is would the 11" suit you for college? I got a 13" satchel in Italy (similar to a CSC bag), and it barely fits refill pads/A4 hardbacks.

I used smaller books for notes :)

Advertisement