Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

White eyelash

• 15-08-2012 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hey all,

I am a 24 year old male and I have 2-3 white eyelashes in the corner of my left eyelid.

They are not particularly noticeable, but a few friends have seen and commented on them. I think they have been there for the last 6-8 years and am wondering if anyone knows why they are white when all my other lashes are dark brown?

I wonder if I pluck them, will they grow back brown like the others?

Thanks,
    D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

http://www.ehow.com/facts_6754401_do-eyelashes-turn-white_.html

Eyelashes may turn white for many reasons---some natural, some the result of medical conditions or genetic disorders. It is important to make sure no health problem is causing your eyelashes to turn white. You may need an eye and skin exam, detailed family history, hearing test or lab work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭doctoremma

Hey all,

I am a 24 year old male and I have 2-3 white eyelashes in the corner of my left eyelid.

They are not particularly noticeable, but a few friends have seen and commented on them. I think they have been there for the last 6-8 years and am wondering if anyone knows why they are white when all my other lashes are dark brown?

I wonder if I pluck them, will they grow back brown like the others?

Thanks,
    D
    You've probably damaged the follicles at some point (either physical damage or infection) and they've stopped making melanin. You've seen people with little white patches of head hair overlying old scars? If it's permanent damage (likely as they've been white for a while), plucking them is very unlikely to make them grow back with colour. Do you have any other white patches on your skin or in your hair? Personally, I wouldn't worry about it but might be worth a mention the next time you're at the doctor.

Oh, and mascara? Or tinting? Very metrosexual. ;)

Advertisement