Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scart To HDMI Converter

• 15-08-2012 7:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭

Hi. My new TV doesn't have a scart input, so I need a Scart To HDMI converter/adapter to connect my UPC box to the tv. I have an IXOS Scart lead. Can you recommend a good converter?

Thanks.

Zak.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

I'd recommend getting a newer box. A HD connection is going to improve your picture a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Morf wrote: »
    I'd recommend getting a newer box. A HD connection is going to improve your picture a lot.

You're probably but I'm probably not in the position to get a new box. Do UPC just hand out HD boxes for free?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭zg3409

I would nearly guarantee your TV has some sort of composite in. If you have a yellow round connector then you can connect a scart lead into it if you get the right type lead. I have yet to see a HDMI only TV except for computer monitors. Can you post exact make/model of TV and link to user manual?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

zg3409 wrote: »
    I would nearly guarantee your TV has some sort of composite in. If you have a yellow round connector then you can connect a scart lead into it if you get the right type lead. I have yet to see a HDMI only TV except for computer monitors. Can you post exact make/model of TV and link to user manual?

Hi. Cheers for your reply. I'm away at the moment so can't check for a composite in. The tv is a Samsung D7000

Judging by the website it seems to have a composite in (Y / Pb / Pr) - not sure what that last bit means....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

Zak Flaps wrote: »
    Morf wrote: »

You're probably but I'm probably not in the position to get a new box. Do UPC just hand out HD boxes for free?
    Just ring upc and say that you got a new tv with no scary, have heard of it working before. It's a free call nothing to lose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭shane.

the tv comes with an adaptor as its to thin to put an actual scart on the back

Advertisement