Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT Accommodation thread 2012/13 - All accommodation queries here!

Options
  • 15-08-2012 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭

Seeing as over the next week or two we'll probably have an influx of people trying to find accommodation for this year I thought I'd open a new thread.

Use this thread any accommodation questions, finding room mates/what areas to stay in etc.

Remember this is a public website so DON'T post phone numbers/email addresses. Use the PM function for that.

Happy househunting,
    Pigwidgeon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 The King of the Known Universe

I'll be starting journalism in Aungier st in a few weeks and am looking to maybe get a house or a flat share with some people. I'm 24 so want to live with people about 20 or over but if you're sound, you're grand. Don't want to live in a mad session house but not a boring one either if you know what I mean. I smoke and want to be able to smoke in the place. Apart from that I don't really care. Let me know if you're interested

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭RoebuckWilson

Hey all,

Anyone looking for a single room in Drumcondra area?

Houseshare with 2 others. House is in great nick, new kitchen, decent living space. In quiet residential area, opposite Ivy House; off the main road but within 5 minutes walk of main bus routes. 15 minute walk to town.

€400 p/m, with €400 deposit
    PM if you want more details :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 aimespk

Just wondering where would be a good place to live for an architecture 1st year student at Bolton Street? I'm thinking of Marino or Broadstone. Anyone recommend these or maybe other places? Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Excedion

Going into DT211 this year, was wondering if its best to live close by and pay the extra scratch or to live out aways and commute in.

And its been a while since i've lived in dublin, what sort of price should i go for rent wise, probably sharing?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭smithy77

Just accepted DT358 on Aungier St I think:D .. I already put a deposit on a place in gateway student village on Ballymun Road.. I'm from Cork so I havent a clue about the ins and outs of Dublin, are aungier and ballymun very far apart? (heard there was a bus into DIT anyway) If not does anyone know any accommodation places closer? :)

Anyone staying in gateway student village?:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 mojo12345

Yes, there are lots of us staying in Gateway. It's not too far to DIT. The bus stop is right outside the complex. Great craic and big apartments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 MrDrake!!!

Hey everyone I accepted my course DT002, I am 18 and from Waterford and in search of someone to share an apartment with. I don't mind the distance once it suits you (I am not to fussy), Relatively cheap. I have no details about student accomadation but if you do and you wanna share please let me know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mojo12345

There will be an information day in DIT on the 11th September with help regarding accommodation I read, so if you are stuck I'm sure you will find something there. Or join us in Gateway Student Village. They might have some rooms left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 marian94

ok guys im fairly new to this so i dont kow if ive posted right or not, so heres the deal, i got a course in dit and was very happy, i went ahead and booked accomodation, and was beggining to get everything sorted, until i read reviews for my accomodation. i have booked the Herberton apartements on st james' walk, south ring road dublin 8, does anybody know these?? im not sure if i was reading the wrong reviews or what but all i read was that it was a very bad area where even taxis wouldnt go and the apartments werent in great shape, im freaking out here as i dont know dublin at all, does anybody know anything about this??

Ok thanks I will try and get some info when I go up tomorrow when we get a look at the tall ships and hand out lots of CV's :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

aimespk wrote: »
    Just wondering where would be a good place to live for an architecture 1st year student at Bolton Street? I'm thinking of Marino or Broadstone. Anyone recommend these or maybe other places? Thanks!!

i was in bolton street for 4~ years in architectural technology. broadstone is great and really close, but tough to get in, esp for 1st years afaik. (i had friends who lived there and loved it though, and the apts are really nice. cool roof too!) i was never in marino, but again knew some people that stayed there but didnt really hear anything good/bad.

other than that, anything in phibsborough, smithfield, dorset st., manor st/stoneybatter will be within 15 minutes walk ish. there are apt buildings near broadstone called the richmond that would suit a group of maybe 2-4 people in a group for maybe 1k/m~.

id recommend staying somewhere close, as you'll be bringing projects to and from college alot, and not having to get a packed bus for 30minutes, then walking will be great. you'll also likely have a lot of late nights :P

otherwise GL, and dont be surprised if your classes are actually across the road in Linenhall and not in bolton st.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 carlow93

going into first year DIT auignier street. what would ye reccomend in terms of a place to stay. relatively close to the campus and has a vibrant student atmosphere are the main factors?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭RonanM123

Hi, also looking for accommodation and just wondering if anyone wants to get together and share a house or something.

Okay so some people may be looking for someone to share with and I am one of those people I will be doing Engineering Systems Maintenance on Boltan St. I have sent some e-mails just looking if there is any vacancies and the prices p/m.
    So if you guys are looking for someone to stay with please send me a message and we can sort out something if you already have a place but need someone to share with please also let me know :)

http://www.daft.ie/searchsharing.daft?id=689736

Room available.. See link :)
    PM if you want anymore info!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

ghpeople wrote: »
    http://www.daft.ie/searchsharing.daft?id=689736

Room available.. See link :)
    PM if you want anymore info!

I assume that should be 400e per month not week

mmcn90 wrote: »
    I assume that should be 400e per month not week

Jaysus it's this level of attention to detail that's gotten me where I am today! :D Cheers bud!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Looking for some accomodation, will be going to Bolton street. I'm up for the craif, a clean person and easy to get along with! If anyone has anything going get on to me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 AimeeS14

Hey, 2nd year looking for somewhere close to mountjoy sq?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lm93

Any DIT students staying in Shanowen Halls?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 CiaranSmith

Wud u know if there is anymore places in the gateway??

mojo12345 wrote: »
    Yes, there are lots of us staying in Gateway. It's not too far to DIT. The bus stop is right outside the complex. Great craic and big apartments

wud u knw if there is many places left in gateway??

Hey all, anyone looking for or have a spare room and need a roommate.....if so pm :) im easy going, really out going and easy to get on with and up for the banter :), im goin in dit cathal buragha street so let me know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭oreilly94

im also looking for accommodation ! im starting 1st year in bolton street. would like a place preferably with other 1st year's.my price rang is max €350 , pm if you's have a place ! thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭irish_man

Hi all.

We have a spare be going in our apartment. Three DIT students already living there. It's a shared room but it has ensuite. It's in Alexander court on pembroke street which is a 10 min walk to DIT Kevin and Augnier street. The rent is 450 a month. PM me for more details. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Joesearching

Hi, iam from germany and iam studying with a study mate at 17. september Business Administration @DCU for erasmus.. still searching for house share/appartment.. If you also searching, contact me at facebook this link: http://url9.de/poc

We are cool :)
    all the best, joe

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Joesearching

Got message from gateway... fully blocked

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

3 double bed house available from mid october in Terenure, two toilets, kitchen, living room, spare room, hall space.. front and back garden, small shed... very quiet area... really convient for buses, aircoach etc... brand new gas heating system... pm me for further details if interested. 1400 p/m

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sean ocearbhaill

2 single rooms available in a 3 bedroom apartment in Phibsborough, just off Phibsborough cross, €340 and €320 per month, available on the 1st and 14th of January respectively.
    Sharing with a male 2nd year Visual Communication student in Mountjoy DIT

Message me if you're interested

seancarroll1992@hotmail.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 KLK

Hey Guys,

I'm subletting a spacious double room in an apartment in the centre of Rathgar village from June 1 - mid September for €430 a month including UPC TV and Broadband, waste. The only additional cost is the electricity bill.

The location is very good, less than 5 mins walk to main bus stop for buses into town.

Message me if you are interested!

Advertisement