Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best MBA Dublin bar UCD and TCD

Options
  • 15-08-2012 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

Interested in doing an MBA in Dublin this year, haven't the funds to do UCD or TcD, what are DBS, DIT and DCu MBA s like?
    Any advice would be great

Dave

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 261 ✭✭blucey

Why do you want an MBA?
    Fwiw I would suggest beyond Ucd/Tcd it may not be worth the money. If you can't leave Dublin do the open university

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭david4791

Hi Blucey,
    I'm a civil engineer still working in the industry at the moment, I feel like I need to add a major skill set to my enhance my profile. I feel the MBA will take management, leadership, networking to another level.

You are right regarding the two main players in Dublin for an MBA, however,I recently noted IMI offer an MBA which is a Henley MBA which I think is even better regarded than UCD as it's triple accredited too.

Would it be a waste if time doing the following?

Griffith college MBA
    DCU
    dIT
    DBS
    IBAT

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I'm a civil engineer and was hoping to do the DIT MBA but couldnt afford it. It will have to be next year

DIT is not AMBA accredited yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 261 ✭✭blucey

david4791 wrote: »
    Hi Blucey,
    I'm a civil engineer still working in the industry at the moment, I feel like I need to add a major skill set to my enhance my profile. I feel the MBA will take management, leadership, networking to another level.

You are right regarding the two main players in Dublin for an MBA, however,I recently noted IMI offer an MBA which is a Henley MBA which I think is even better regarded than UCD as it's triple accredited too.

Would it be a waste if time doing the following?

Griffith college MBA
    DCU
    dIT
    DBS
    IBAT

Any university MBA > non and within that list I'd say the ranking is briadly dcu DIT bar... Henley is good, yes. But is an MBA what you need? How long working ? What area do you see yourself in? An MBA or a masters in management now and an MBA in mid-late 30s? Lots I f issues.

• Advertisement

15 years postgrad exp,
    In my late 30's at present.
    Certainly the Msc in Business Mgmt is half the price and seemingly less labour some.

My role involves engineering and construction site supervision.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭hof1982

david4791 wrote: »
    15 years postgrad exp,
    In my late 30's at present.
    Certainly the Msc in Business Mgmt is half the price and seemingly less labour some.

My role involves engineering and construction site supervision.

Hi David, came across this thread while doing some research into MBA possibilities also. Did you make the decision to undertake the MBA and if so where did you choose?

Advertisement