Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grannagh Castle

• 15-08-2012 8:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys - Still new to photography. Here's a shot I took today of Grannagh Castle.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

sensor clean needed? :eek:

Would probably prefer a bit more contrast. Is there a bit of blur going on in your processing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Why do you say a sensor clean is needed? Bit of post-processing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

The photo is covered in dust spots. Your sensor is probably manky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Ah right - Will have it cleaned so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

dlofnep wrote: »

Have you dust cleaning built into the camera? - the thing that mechanically shakes the guts of it (don't try shaking vigorously yourself ;)). If so try that for starters but it looks quite a lot of dust has gotten in there (technically very little, but appearing over large portions of your image).

If that doesn't work the try a rocket blower. Will cost about €10 on flea-bay and they're always handy to have about the place. Blowing into it isn't a good idea either - nor compressed air. The rocket blowers are just about right for the job.

If that doesn't sort it then a scrub by the professionals would be called for.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

dlofnep wrote: »

I rubbed my screen twice with my t-shirt thinking that it was that that was dirty.

On the composition itself- is the inclusion of the street light and the modern building at the bottom of the main castle (right and left) intentional?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Yep, while you can clean it up in photoshop, cleaning your sensor will save you time in the future..

Agree with the contrast, bit concerned that you didnt think to remove all the dust spots ;) its all in the detail...

Otherwise, I like the image..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i'd dial back on the tonemapping. it's so obviously done as to be offputting.

Advertisement