Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's the little things...

• 15-08-2012 8:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭

Was on my way home yesterday from work on the bike and i was sitting at a set of lights whent he car beside decides to start inching forward, me knowing the lights sequencq knew lights were not due to change yet, anyways i look across to see the driver pointing at me and my oroginal thought was "WTF is he doing". I then take a look at the rear passenger seat, which is now level with me, only to see his kid looking over at me in delight at the bike, gave him a wave and he was delighted:D:D:D

Sorry for the long story but i thought it was great, as the title says its the little things.........that make us happy:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Was on my way home yesterday from work on the bike and i was sitting at a set of lights whent he car beside decides to start inching forward, me knowing the lights sequencq knew lights were not due to change yet, anyways i look across to see the driver pointing at me and my oroginal thought was "WTF is he doing". I then take a look at the rear passenger seat, which is now level with me, only to see his kid looking over at me in delight at the bike, gave him a wave and he was delighted:D:D:D

Sorry for the long story but i thought it was great, as the title says its the little things.........that make us happy:D

Yeah, it's a great feeling alright. Many's a time I've been out for a spin and came up behind a car with 3 or 4 kids in the back and they bounce around and start waving. The looks on their little faces when I wave back is brilliant!!! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Last kid I waved at while on the bike started bawling lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Yeah, but you're scary. I don't blame the kid. If you waved at me, I'd cry too!!! LOL :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Get a full face helemt then:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

There's a little non national dude up the road from me, anytime he hears the bike he pegs it down the driveway to the wall and starts waving at me like a lunatic. Tis deadly.

• Advertisement

its great to see the jpys in the kids faces, even if your having a sh!t day it makes you smile, also reminds me of the twins next door to me, if they hear me coming home they stand at the porch waving and calling "Bike, Man on Bike", cracks me up:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

When I was a kid we lived in this big estate and a neighbor drove to work on a moped. Everyday loads of us would line up on the road waiting for him to come home so he would slap our hands as he drove by. We thought he was pretty cool.

I would love to high five someone from my bike :)

I would love to high five someone from my bike :)

I have also thought about this :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Yeah, but you're scary. I don't blame the kid. If you waved at me, I'd cry too!!! LOL :p
    Get a full face helemt then:p

Meanies :(:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

...reminds me of the twins next door to me, if they hear me coming home they stand at the porch waving and calling "Bike, Man on Bike", cracks me up:D

Ah be jaysus you took me right back :P Me and my twin were obsessed with bikes when we were little. We'd go running to to the roadside whenever we heard one coming. We're bigger and uglier now but we both have bikes :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Its even better when you out on a big spin with about 10-15 bikes. I was out 2 weeks ago with green martian and a few lads on a big spin about 25 bikes and people were stopping in the streets with kids waving like mental.....looking for a beep and a rev.

Great craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,411 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

cantdecide wrote: »
    Ah be jaysus you took me right back :P Me and my twin were obsessed with bikes when we were little. We'd go running to to the roadside whenever we heard one coming. We're bigger and uglier now but we both have bikes :D

Every day when I get home, our little fella (18 months) says "Daddy. Bike. Brum brum." :cool:

Scrap the cap!

Advertisement