Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

not enough points for nursing

• 15-08-2012 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi guys. My sister didn't get enough points to get into nursing and was just wondering if any one could help with what her options are.
    I know she could repeat the leaving but would it be more beneficial to do a PLC in nursing and how hard is it to get into a course after doing this.

Thanks in advance,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

SusieQu wrote: »
    Hi guys. My sister didn't get enough points to get into nursing and was just wondering if any one could help with what her options are.
    I know she could repeat the leaving but would it be more beneficial to do a PLC in nursing and how hard is it to get into a course after doing this.

Thanks in advance,

Her options are to either repeat or do a PLC. Most nursing PLCs are probably full by now, but she might get lucky and get a place on one (most CFEs hold interviews in February for their courses, and pre-nursing courses are usually the most popular ones.).

Getting from the PLC into nursing is a touchy subject, all depends on your application. Getting into nursing in Ireland is extremely tough from it, whereas getting into Nursing in the UK would be much more likely depending on your results from the PLC.

Advertisement