Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaning a PC

Options
  • 15-08-2012 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

getting bored and frustrated waiting on my graphics card to arrive to build my first PC so decided to take apart an old one (Dell dimension 1100) I use for downloading. have hoovered it out. is there any no no's when spraying compressed air? just gonna use a rag to wipe off all the dust from the inside of the case and should be as good as new circa 2005

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

BhoyRayzor wrote: »
    is there any no no's when spraying compressed air?

for the love of god, don't get it in your mouth directly or off your fingers, lots of them have a bittering agent in it that will make you gag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Do not insert it rec... never mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

You shouldn't have vacuum cleaned it in the first place as static can cause considerable damage.
    Just keep the can upright and don't shake it. Spray in short blasts. Do it outside. Also, it's usually recommended to hold the fans still when you're blowing them so they don't get damaged from overspin.

Advertisement