Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Twickenham room for September

Options
  • 15-08-2012 9:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hey, I'm moving over to St.Mary's to do a Masters on 14 September but have found finding a room difficult on Gumtree and Spareroom. Would anyone have any other advisable outlets? Am looking for £80-£90pw and in an area within ten minutes of the college.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

What difficulties have you been having specifically? I imagine it would be next to impossible trying to secure a room 'remotely', you'd need to come over a week or two before your course starts and spend some time looking for a place.

http://www.speedflatmating.co.uk is one thing you could try if/when you come over.

Does the college have a student union or accommodation office that could help?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Try Moveflat as well, there's some good stuff on there. I'd also give a +1 to Speedflatmating, they usually have events on Wednesdays and it's a good way to meet a lot of people. Personally I try to avoid Gumtree because it's full of scammers, not that there isn't good stuff on there too but you need to be a bit wary.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭afatbollix

I have just left my room in Hampton which had three girls up stairs who went to St Marys which is £550 including bills. Its a bit away from the college but they did it so must be manageable. I don't think you will find anywhere for less than £500 a month just so you know. As I just moved I know the going rates in the area and £500 to £700 seems normal. There was one place that didn't have heating that was £440 excluding bills!

Advertisement