Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banking 365 login-someone else' s account is coming up,

Options
  • 15-08-2012 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭

As in title I have logged in personal details etc. but a different account is coming up!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Whoa!!! That's some security issue!!

I suggest posting here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1522

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Clear your browser cache and try again

No problem, can't wait to hear what BoI have to say about that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

are you using your own network at home, or in a work / internet cafe network?

• Advertisement

I know what you are thinking uberwolf, but I don't think BoI use persistant cookies for authentication. Even the browser forward and back buttons log you out.

I logged out. Logged in and still other person's details-I don't have a joint account!

Is there much in it? :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

This is absolutely unreal. Id send a letter or an email to the owner of the account and inform them. If you inform BOI they will just cover there own arses and say nothing. They will just do an ulster bank job and blame a software patch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

You should probably forward the details of this to the Data protection commissioner as well as BOI. This seems likely a pretty bad security f**k up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭OU812

Take screenshots. Wonder if they're looking at your account (& how can BOI prove that they're not)

+1 on the screenshots

http://take-a-screenshot.org/

Could attract a lot of media attention if you where to post said screenshot right here .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Media999 wrote: »
    Could attract a lot of media attention if you where to post said screenshot right here .

I dont think that would be a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Be careful here, If the OP logged in to a clone website for BOI 365, a fraudulent one set to obtain customer details for fraudulent use, this can occur, have seen it happen to one person before and they have put in the URL wrong, was obviously a scam website when examined closer.

OP - why no thread in the Talk to BoI forum??

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1522

chris85 wrote: »
    Be careful here, If the OP logged in to a clone website for BOI 365, a fraudulent one set to obtain customer details for fraudulent use, this can occur, have seen it happen to one person before and they have put in the URL wrong, was obviously a scam website when examined closer.

Screenshot would show us that quick enough. Details blacked out of course.

Sent email to boi security-received crappy standard reply immediately. They do not seem bothered. Will go to local branch tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

This would be best addressed directly with the bank.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement