Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spare parts/slats for wooden blinds??

• 15-08-2012 9:40pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭

Where would one go to get spare parts/wooden slats for a wooden window blind??

Anywhere in Dublin that stocks/sells spares??

Thanks.:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

paddy147 wrote: »
    Where would one go to get spare parts/wooden slats for a wooden window blind??

Anywhere in Dublin that stocks/sells spares??
    I

Ha paddy I'm surprised you haven't mentioned ikea for them or tried ikea

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Ha paddy I'm surprised you haven't mentioned ikea for them or tried ikea

I managed to break 2 slats in a friends house,while I was trying to show a fly the open window.:o:(

The blind had a spare slat at the bottom,but I still need 1 more slat.Slats are 67 inches wide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

paddy147 wrote: »
    I managed to break 2 slats in a friends house,while I was trying to show a fly the open window.:o:(

The blind had a spare slat at the bottom,but I still need 1 more slat.Slats are 67 inches wide.

You probably tried / thought of this allready but just putting it out there. My belt caught on my wooden door blinds and broke 2 of them.
    Dirty enough break but i got some Industrial Welding glue and put one of those portable hand vice clip things on it. Worked a treat ! Wouldnt think it ever broke

PS fair play to you for fixing it. My "mate" came over and fell into my 40 inch flat screen (written off) and never even offered me a dime ! lol (in fairness it was an accident thou)

Theres a few small splintered breaks off the main break,rather messy to try and glue back together Im afraid.:(

And the last time I was let near glue,well lets just say that 5 fingers became "4" fingers...with regards to me and the glue.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭cram1971

Paddy any idea where the blinds came from or the brand there are only a few wholesalers in Ireland most are mass produced brought in by the wholesalers and cut down to size so say an 88" drop could from a 90" blind and the bottom slats thrown out if you know where they came from I am pretty sure I can get the slat unless it was a custom blind and that's a differant story..

• Advertisement

cram1971 wrote: »
    Paddy any idea where the blinds came from or the brand there are only a few wholesalers in Ireland most are mass produced brought in by the wholesalers and cut down to size so say an 88" drop could from a 90" blind and the bottom slats thrown out if you know where they came from I am pretty sure I can get the slat unless it was a custom blind and that's a differant story..

Luxaflex blinds and the blind slat width is 67 inches.

Its a standard size front sitting room window too

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭cram1971

Luxaflex are distributed by tmblinds just off the Nass road in Newcastle I'd say they will sort you out with a replacement slat even though they are trade only

cram1971 wrote: »
    Luxaflex are distributed by tmblinds just off the Nass road in Newcastle I'd say they will sort you out with a replacement slat even though they are trade only

Advertisement