Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden Forum Beers

Options
  • 15-08-2012 9:40pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi lads, as we had a bit of banter at the last beers I thought we'd see about running another one.
    Probably in Mid-September so M13 has started.

Plenty of notice for the country lads etc :pac:

thoughts?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Lads, anyone given anymore thought to this on possible dates?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

end of Sept?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

end of Sept?

Works for me.

Anyone else have a suggestion?

Works for me.

Anyone else have a suggestion?

Make it a sunday at 6pm.... we all wont be playing madden .... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

Week 4. Sunday the 30th?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Will you be able to book the stretch again Dave ?

I am up for this again but definitely not the 30th for me as thats the last day of the Ryder Cup.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Berty44 wrote: »
    Will you be able to book the stretch again Dave ?

I am up for this again but definitely not the 30th for me as thats the last day of the Ryder Cup.

I'm at a wedding that weekend in Italy and am just back on the Sunday afternoon, but I could make it at a push.

It would be nice to see the 49ers put some points on the jets assuming that's the game that sky would show at 6pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HeartOfTheCity

Yeah, any weekend apart from the Wembley game and I'll be able to show my face.

Any word on this for the beers/BFL AGM?

Any word on this for the beers/BFL AGM?
    There will be no beer drunk that night, just a massive row about going for it on 4th down, conspiratous one sided trading and ibmaxing all the time. :D :pac:

• Advertisement

Queue at the bar? Screw it, I'm QB sneaking.

14th of october? Gives people time in advance to organize time away from life distractions for a night of madden discussion plus NFl talk.

with adrian in the background telling me I was wrong about the 49ers and he had no doubts.... i do not look forward to a smug 49ers fan :pac:

Just set a date and they will come. A month ago, Heli had said mid-Sept and nothing happen so go with that.

Just set a date and they will come. A month ago, Heli had said mid-Sept and nothing happen so go with that.

Agreed, real life has taken over so let this one drop off.

Lets say Friday October October 5th.

Feel free to suggest a venue!

Agreed, real life has taken over so let this one drop off.

Lets say Friday October October 5th.

Feel free to suggest a venue!

im out of the 5th i'd say.. Also i think a sunday would be best imo

A friday? Would a Sunday not be more suited?

Or does everybody want to watch the games on their own :o

I much prefer a Friday, probably could not do a Sunday.

A friday? Would a Sunday not be more suited?

Or does everybody want to watch the games on their own :o

I'm happy to do a sunday, but people may prefer a friday.

Some doodle up a poll there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Surely 6pm Sunday is the best idea? :)

• Advertisement

Some people have to work on Mondays :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

14th of october? Gives people time in advance to organize time away from life distractions for a night of madden discussion plus NFl talk.

with adrian in the background telling me I was wrong about the 49ers and he had no doubts.... i do not look forward to a smug 49ers fan :pac:

Ah, might be a bit early for that. Might wait till we come up against a good defense before getting too smug.

They have been looking good so far though.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Surely 6pm Sunday is the best idea? :)
    Work on Monday is one thing as Heli says. Another thing is we probably will end up effectively not watching the games if its Sunday.

At the last meetup we spent the whole night having the crack talking madden and even though there was a good European Championship match on the tv we hardly even looked at it

Berty44 wrote: »
    Work on Monday is one thing as Heli says. Another thing is we probably will end up effectively not watching the games if its Sunday.

At the last meetup we spent the whole night having the crack talking madden and even though there was a good European Championship match on the tv we hardly even looked at it

We could do the following Friday as the Germany game is on?

Friday 12th that is!

http://doodle.com/798suii7d6xpb6pa

Bumpty bump. There has to be more than six people wanting to go.

Right that's it, if you don't go to the beers you are getting booted out of the league :D

Looking like a friday alrite..

I'd say go with the 12th. This Friday is too soon, considering it took us six weeks to agree on a date we'll never agree on a venue in four days :D

Ill make an announcement... most people voted for either 5th or 12. Give everyone 2 weeks notice to be able to get in for it...

Now what bar should we drink in ?

Ill make an announcement... most people voted for either 5th or 12. Give everyone 2 weeks notice to be able to get in for it...

Now what bar should we drink in ?

Cool 12th it is, somewhere we can watch the match anyway!

• Advertisement

Bleeding Horse again?

Advertisement