Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Town Park Carrick on Shannon

Options
  • 15-08-2012 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭

Got a fixed penalty notice doing 61 in a 50 zone in
    Town Park Carrick on Shannon
    Where exactly is this?..seems to be near the town of carrick on shannon which i traverse regularly on my way to sligo.I'm usually vilgent with speed limits so I must have missed a sign or something? temporay workworks or something?
    Was in mid july..obviously just gonna pay the fine like a good little citzen but I just wondered if anyone could shed some light on where this stretch of road might be.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

It's probably Townparks, as Town Park is a park of sorts for pedestrians only.

https://maps.google.ie/maps?q=townparks+carrick-on-shannon&hl=en&safe=off&hnear=Townparks,+County+Leitrim&t=m&z=15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

Thanks yes it is townparks..looking at the map why would I pass through there on a straight sligo-dublin journey? It does nt look to be on the main road from which I never would deviate?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

basically most of the town is located in the townland of "Townparks" based on OS mapping which is used for legal documents.

Hopefully this link works okay and you will see the older 25" scale map of the area with "Townparks" wrote at the top. Townlands are separated by a continuous row of small black dots so you can easily see where the townland of Townparks extends to on the older map by zooming in a little.

If you click on the little overlay slider down at the bottom right and move it slowly you can overlay the new map over the old map and you will see the new road layout. The new maps dont give the townlands so you have to look at both together.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭fergalfrog

So this is a fixed camera yeah? Do you know whereabouts it is?

There is sometimes a van parked across the road from the landmark hotel but other than that I don't know of a fixed camera in Carrick?

fergalfrog wrote: »
    So this is a fixed camera yeah? Do you know whereabouts it is?

There is sometimes a van parked across the road from the landmark hotel but other than that I don't know of a fixed camera in Carrick?

No way was I was doing that speed across from the landmark hotel..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭fergalfrog

...right so you still don't know where it is/was.

It's very easy however to be doing 61 on that stretch between the landmark and the roundabout. Ahem... not that I ever have of course.

No..the location of townparks seems to be somewhere I would never be

notnumber wrote: »
    No..the location of townparks seems to be somewhere I would never be
    Did they send you a pic?

muffler wrote: »
    Did they send you a pic?

yes..clearly my reg..they are prob right but it was a shock i have never had a speeding ticket before..i have no intention of appealling but i am curious as to where exactly i was photographed.

yes..clearly my reg..they are prob right but it was a shock i have never had a speeding ticket before..i have no intention of appealling but i am curious as to where exactly i was photographed.
    Did you check the maps I linked to above to see the extent of the townland of Townparks?

• Advertisement

muffler wrote: »
    Did you check the maps I linked to above to see the extent of the townland of Townparks?

the link didnt work for me..just a blue screen

the link didnt work for me..just a blue screen
    Not sure why. Maybe try a different browser or click on this link and zoom in/pan and then follow my original instructions.

I have taken a screen grab of the up to date map and have drawn in (roughly) the extent of the townland.

Carrick_map_2.jpg

now i get it..thanks ! it was sunday 4 pm july ,,heading thru carrick on way to dublin......maybe I aint as speed conscious as I thought.Also fyi I was actually reported as 71 in a 50 zone..bit of white lie in op,...busy road though ..likely the car in front and behind where doing the same .cash bonaza:D
    Btw do you know where the conspiracy forum is ?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

they have a speed van near the landmark on the n4 sometimes , also coming out of carrick towards sligo after supermacs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

duckysauce wrote: »
    they have a speed van near the landmark on the n4 sometimes , also coming out of carrick towards sligo after supermacs

Also, out by the petrol station on the N4 (kennedys) and on the Leitrim Road ;)

Advertisement