Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland taking over a month to change home address

Options
  • 15-08-2012 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭

First went in a month ago and filled in a change of address form. Checked online and address stayed the same.

Went in a week later and was asked to fill in another form. Another week and address not changed.

Another week and someone says the forms where lost and to fill in another form.

Another week and someone says the forms are actually not lost and it just takes time.

How the hell do i just change a bloody address? As soon as its done ill be closing my account but i need a statement first.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Still waiting for an explaination as to why this has to be done using paper and manual intervention.

AIB allow you to do this online and through phone banking.
    Please contact our Customer Service Adviser team on 0818 724 724(International +353 1 771 2424 ).
    Enter your Registration Number, the requested digits of your PAC, and then dial 0 for a Customer Service Adviser. Any necessary checks and changes can be made immediately.

Alternatively, you can write to your local branch.

Come on BoI! Get with the times...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Same here!! it's taking ages, 4 times into the letterkenny branch and my address still isnt sorted! my visa card got sent to my last address, thinking thats a breach of security.. Not sure..

BoI why can this not be done through phone banking with appropriate security checks? Is this because you haven't implemented 2nd factor authentication like AIB's PAC card. Can you see how that lack of investment is impacting your customers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Media999 and tatabubbly,

We are sorry to hear about the difficulties you are experiencing with changing the address on your accounts. Can you both please pm us your name and account holding branch and we will arrange for these issues to be looked into?

Hi MadsL,
    MadsL wrote: »
    Still waiting for an explaination as to why this has to be done using paper and manual intervention.

AIB allow you to do this online and through phone banking.

Come on BoI! Get with the times...

Customer data protection and security is paramount to us. As such, we can only accept an original signature to carry out an instruction on a customer's account.
    Unfortunately we can't comment on other banks' procedures; however, it's not currently our policy to accept fax instructions on personal customer accounts.

We have passed on your feedback and suggestions to our Procedural Team.

Thanks,
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

No id rather you explained in public thanks.

Why does it take so long to change an address with BOI? Why am i filling in forms every week and constantly being lied to by BOI?

Next time im lied to im gonna post that persons name here and exactly where they work.

Tell us the truth right now of how many people come in and complain about "lost forms" and problems with your system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭BrensBenz

Media999 wrote: »
    No id rather you explained in public thanks.

Why does it take so long to change an address with BOI? Why am i filling in forms every week and constantly being lied to by BOI?

Next time im lied to im gonna post that persons name here and exactly where they work.

Tell us the truth right now of how many people come in and complain about "lost forms" and problems with your system.

Best of luck getting BoI, or any other Irish or UK bank, to look at a customer complaint from the point of view of logic or fairness. Some translations of previously received bankspeak for you:

“...lost or didn’t arrive” means the banks' inward hard copy AND electronic document processing system is unfit for purpose;
    “...being handled by another employee” means the banks' commitment to customer satisfaction and their training procedures are seriously deficient;
    “...we’ve had IT issues” means that they’ve run out of stock excuses but a hint of techno-jargon should keep us quiet for another while;
    “...we haven’t got your phone number” means it was lost by their pitifully inadequate hard copy AND electronic document processing system and they won’t bother checking your file for other contact details because of......“IT issues”.

Sorry to repeat myself (previous post re BoI) but, when it comes to customer satisfaction, they just don't get it.

Hi Media999,

Apologies if my previous post was unclear.

It was our intention to look into the delays you and tatabubbly have experienced, and come back to both of you with an update here. We would be keen to investigate your individual circumstances. To do this, we would need you to pm us with your name and account holding branch only.

In general, the change of address process should take 3 - 7 working days. Provided the form has been completed correctly and signed by the account holder(s).

We aim to ensure that all correspondence is handled in a timely and efficient manner. We understand that this has not been the case for you and tatabubbly. We would again like to take the opportunity to apologise.

Thanks,
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

Generic Nonsense.

Hi Media999,

Apologies if my previous post was unclear.

It was our intention to look into the delays you and tatabubbly have experienced, and come back to both of you with an update here. We would be keen to investigate your individual circumstances. To do this, we would need you to pm us with your name and account holding branch only.

In general, the change of address process should take 3 - 7 working days. Provided the form has been completed correctly and signed by the account holder(s).

We aim to ensure that all correspondence is handled in a timely and efficient manner. We understand that this has not been the case for you and tatabubbly. We would again like to take the opportunity to apologise.

Thanks,
    Tara

Why does it have to be done with paper? If other security checks are enough for the phone banking team to advise on account matters why can the address not be changed over the phone?

This could be securely verified by a callback or text to the mobile phone on file and an email to the email address on file. How about thinking what works best for the customer rather than the bank?

Hi MadsL,
    MadsL wrote: »
    Why does it have to be done with paper? If other security checks are enough for the phone banking team to advise on account matters why can the address not be changed over the phone?

As we have previously stated, it is currently Bank of Ireland policy that an address change can only be requested in writing.

We have forwarded all of your comments and feedback to our Procedural Team and if there is a change to this policy, we will post the details here.

Thanks,
    Tara

• Advertisement
Advertisement