Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beats headphones

• 15-08-2012 10:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Scrappychimow

It annoys me to see all the lemmings walking around with dre beats headphones.
    They did look nice when they came out first, but now everyone has them , even rasher and anto.

I'd love to smash my fist off the next pair of beats i see, and break the plastic crap into pieces.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

they're sh1te headphones too, get a decent pair of Sennheisers for around the same money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Increase bass and hire famous rappers name
    Charge stupid money
    Profit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

Thief magnets also, two colleagues of mine had them yanked off their heads in town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

krudler wrote: »
    they're sh1te headphones too, get a decent pair of Sennheisers for around the same money.
    Or less.
    If people want to waste their money on overpriced shyte headphones because they're "cool" and endorsed by some celebrity let them be...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

I don't get why people walk around with headphones in all the time.
    I much prefer taking in the sounds of the world around me.
    And I'm a feckin musician.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Beats are for fools. They're way over priced for what you get. I think you could get a very good set (if not better!) for €100 instead of what, up to €350 for beats? :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Nothing more than a fashion accessory/fad imo. Better out there for half the price too, but I guess they dont look as good... and thats all that matter with headphones..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,036 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Yeah, I see people wearing them and think "more money than sense". It's like wearing a couple bullseyes on your head: people who wear them are being targeted by thieves. :rolleyes:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,828 ✭✭✭✭28064212

So you thought the headphones were really nice to start with, but now that lots of other people have them, you think they look.... what? Less nice?

There are plenty of problems with Beats headphones, but your reason for changing your mind is totally stupid

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I find them a fantastic moron detector. Helps me see, at a glance, exactly the type of person that I wouldn't ever want to get to know or speak to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Luckily this isn't Ranting and raving so I can go against the rant. I think they are very good head phones. Are they over priced? a little but not by as much as people are making out here. They are very comfortable and provide top class sound. I have tried another pair which cost the same amount and they were no where near as good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Scrappychimow

28064212 wrote: »
    So you thought the headphones were really nice to start with, but now that lots of other people have them, you think they look.... what? Less nice?

There are plenty of problems with Beats headphones, but your reason for changing your mind is totally stupid

is that you rasher or anto?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭anhedonia

yep money spent on a set of beats could buy a savage set of senheissers.

Fcuk beats, and fcuk Doctor Dre too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

poisonated wrote: »
    Luckily this isn't Ranting and raving so I can go against the rant. I think they are very good head phones. Are they over priced? a little but not by as much as people are making out here. They are very comfortable and provide top class sound. I have tried another pair which cost the same amount and they were no where near as good.

You obviously did not try hard enough. ONE pair? Ya thats really testing the market. Trust me, theirs better out there for half the price. You are paying 70% for the name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,433 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

It annoys me to see all the lemmings walking around with dre beats headphones.
    They did look nice when they came out first, but now everyone has them , even rasher and anto.

I'd love to smash my fist off the next pair of beats i see, and break the plastic crap into pieces.

You should learn to calm down and not let such things annoy you.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

We're judging people based on the brand of headphones they wear now?

In that case I want beats by John Stewart to come out soon.

poisonated wrote: »
    Beats are way over rated. The sony headphones in the video only cost 120 euro here, they are better sound quality than dr dre solos, and are on par with dr dre beats studio which cost 300+ !!!!!!

Listen at 4:50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

I've 4 decent sets of headphones. Bose on ear noise cancelling, Bose in ear, seinnheiser in eat & Sony noise cancelling. Cost about the same price all together as one set of beats. And I've a pair of each type in work & at home. The Bose in ear are unreal, nifty little ear accessory that stops them falling out while ya run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Yakult wrote: »
    You obviously did not try hard enough. ONE pair? Ya thats really testing the market. Trust me, theirs better out there for half the price. You are paying 70% for the name.

That's what I don't get. If lil Wayne and will.i.am didn't support them so much they would have never have gotten off the ground because Dr Dre is very much gone now :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

I gave them a listen in Currys a few days ago just to see what the fuss is about and my Sennheiser HD 202 which cost about €50 sound better. Really all they have going for them is really deep bass but otherwise have very poor range. My new Sennheiser MM 450 X which cost about the same blow them away both in terms of sound and functionality.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Is the sound quality actually that good? Way overrated like Sennheiser?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭calnand

I'm just back from america, and the amount of people walking around with beats is insane, and of course everyone has them plugged into their iPhones.
    The only headphones over €100 I would ever consider buying are these beautes.http://www.bowers-wilkins.eu/Headphones/Headphones/P5/Overview.html
    Currently I use sony earphones I got for around €80 and I love them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Bose ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

What's wrong with the ones that come with your phone/mp3? I don't get this earphone lark. They all do the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

anhedonia wrote: »
    fcuk Doctor Dre too.

Oh no you di'int.

I had a grand pair of headphones, Dancing Dave style but someone robbed em off me. Cost me 17e. Good sound and not made in fecking China. Dont like them communist boyos one bit

Ella Bella wrote: »
    What's wrong with the ones that come with your phone/mp3? I don't get this earphone lark. They all do the same thing.

You must be deaf, seriously most packaged headphones make my ears bleed, the sound is so tinny and muddy.

i have a pair of fake ones i was showed by a friend his real and fake ones listened both there the same

one was 225

and the fake were 75 euro ive had them for like a year now i love em to death sound is amazing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Ipod headphones are sh*te! Cr*p sound and very uncomfortable.

• Advertisement

anhedonia wrote: »
    Fcuk beats, and fcuk Doctor Dre too.

listen at 0:50 mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

They are very good headphones, the best ive come across but i wouldnt pay that much for them. If i was involved in the music business and they were that important to me then i probably would but the average person doesnt need them.

You must all be sh1tting 50's if you can afford those fancy earmuffs.

Faith+1 wrote: »

Ipod headphones are sh*te! Cr*p sound and very uncomfortable.

They hurt your ears both in comfort and in sound.

My Bose in ear ones - unreal for travelling, can put head down and no pain. Also has iPhone answering/mic built in so handy for walking around and talking (if you're that way inclined).

Real Life wrote: »
    They are very good headphones, the best ive come across but i wouldnt pay that much for them. If i was involved in the music business and they were that important to me then i probably would but the average person doesnt need them.

What headphones have you came across then? Do you have a walkman still

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I suppose Buy Other Sound Equipment should thank Dre, in that they've taken the spotlight off them as the joke brand that's a lightening rod for clueless customers.

• Advertisement

What headphones have you came across then? Do you have a walkman still

what headphones are better? il try them out because i havent come across any yet.

Thing is you don't need to be ****ting 50's to have decent headphones. Seinnheiser in ear start at €40 and are amazing.

Real Life wrote: »
    what headphones are better? il try them out because i havent come across any yet.
    Read back on the previous posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭carfiosaoorl

350e for headphones seriously. If you would pay that much money for ****ing headphones you deserve to have them robbed from your ears. For **** sake there are people starving in the world.

Read back on the previous posts.

fair enough, i never said i was a headphones expert and i did say they are too expensive but so far they are the best ive tried, i stand by that. Obviously theres a lot more out there to try out.

• Advertisement

Go into a Currys and try out a pair of on ear headphones from Sennheiser or Sony worth €40-50 and compare them to the earphone you got with your phone/mp3 player, the difference is unmistakable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

Anything more than €150 on headphones is just moronic in my opinion.
    I've used lots of different types in studios and the like and my favourite by far are Sennheiser HD205's cost about €50 and great bang for your buck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

I bought my kid a pair, €345, not too bad. Good sound, look very well. They had cheaper ones, but there's no point buying the bottom of the range model and he is 12 so he's fairly discerning. He loves them and the sound off them is amazing. If you're going for the non-pro cheapies, sure you might as well just get any old 'phones in TK max for €30. You get what you pay for, or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Seinhiesser, HD25s. €198 on Thomann. Perfect.

Pottler wrote: »
    I bought my kid a pair, €345, not too bad. Good sound, look very well. They had cheaper ones, but there's no point buying the bottom of the range model and he is 12 so he's fairly discerning. He loves them and the sound off them is amazing. If you're going for the non-pro cheapies, sure you might as well just get any old 'phones in TK max for €30. You get what you pay for, or not.
    A 12yr old with €350 earphones? Is he getting a car for his 13th?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

I have a pair of Studio HD beats, paid €120 for them on eBay, real deal, DJ was using them and realised they're consumer headphones, my bid won. Sound is very good out of them, compared them to my brothers Bose QC15's and there was little or no difference. I bought them as I had tried them before and liked them, however the stigma is so bad now that I am going to sell them and pick up the QC15's lol.

That, and the QC15's look a hell of a lot nicer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭bazzer86

The collaboration between monster cable and dr. Dre is now over, so now you will see a stop of prodection of dr dre monster beats by the end of the year... Think dr dre is going at it on his own. You will see monster launching cheaper alternatives than dr dre beats so there may be a small bit more value compared to the extortionate price of the studio beats...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

A 12yr old with €350 earphones? Is he getting a car for his 13th?
    He has a car. I bought him a Subaru and made a dirt track oval out the front. All joking aside. He laps sideways - we never owned a car growing up, too poor. That has changed.:) I thought it was a bit much for a pair of headphones as well in fairness, until I listened to them. Now, I reckon they were a bargain. Before a load of "he's spoilt" posts come up, no, he's not. He's like his brother, he's 15 and expected to do a days work whenever he is off school, as in "a proper, sweaty days work", up at 6, hme at 6. No whinging. Anyway, they're good headphones and everyone admires them and asks for a go, so I'm not the only one who thinks they are good.

Monster cable are a renowned shower of scammers as it is. Big marketing to let on their cheap as chips cable from china is better than the next fellas cable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Beats are overpriced (and ****e) but not everyone is in the know about audio quality.
    It's just superb brand marketing at it's finest. I don't get why people have such a problem with people wearing them though.
    They're more fashion than anything else.
    I personally think those clip on ear phones look dreadful for example, but I'm sure there are some great quality types out there.
    Chill.

• Advertisement
Advertisement