Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beats headphones

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

inforfun wrote: »
    They are probably good headphones for **** music.
    Probably **** for good music.

The bass drop on some of Mozarts stuff is the job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,460 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

They're ****ing sh1te headphones, a fashion accessory at best.

What you need are these badboy's

http://www.djtech.hu/files/products/sennheiser_hd25_sp.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Faith+1 wrote: »
    Bose ftw

Now theres over-priced stuff. I used to work somewhere that sold them and there was that much of a mark up on Bose stuff we could buy them off Bose for 50% discount for oursleves. They werent losing money at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Can't remember the last time I download 128kbit songs. Always 256+ or FLAC in the last few years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

These Sennhauser yokes seem to be the audio skinny jean of choice so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Plumpynutt wrote: »
    They're ****ing sh1te headphones, a fashion accessory at best.

What you need are these badboy's

http://www.djtech.hu/files/products/sennheiser_hd25_sp.jpg

I have a pair of Hd 25 II's and they sound great but I'd prefer a full over ear design. Still they make me feel smug and superior so money well spent

That said, I see a burd wearing a decent set of sennheisers and she goes right up in my estimation, a pair of beats then she's probably a slag.

Bose are absolutely genius at targeted marketing, every clueless gimp with money to blow is convinced that bose are the gold standard for audio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

I have a pair of the in-ear beats headphones which I got for chirstmas last year, while I don't disagree that there are better quality sounding headphones on the market I found them to be extremely comfortable and the longest lasting headphones I've had.

I preferred the sound from sennheiser and ipod in-ear headphones but they just don't last for me and I have to replace them after 4-5 months (headphone jack connection and connection from cable to ear piece)

If a brand of headphones makes you that pissed off then you live a pretty sad life to be honest.

Instead of worrying about prices and bass levels take a minute to just listen to the music which at the end of the day it's all about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

350 for a a pair of headphones is a bit much unless you're a professional producer or whatnot, but then again there are people who going around with expensive MP3 players/smartphones and cheap-ass earphones, which is equally stupid if you ask me.

Sennheisser FTW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

So many trolls, so many feeding them...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭messymess

I was in a shop in Sydney that had them recently and there was a mirror where all the headphones were. So I thought, why the **** do I care what the headphones look like on me?

....Then I put them on me and realised it was so people can look at how ****ing ridiculous they look with them on. The sales assistant asked what I thought of them. I told him I thought they sounded alright but there's no way I could wear them in public. Then I listened to a pair a cheaper sennhiesers with far better sound.

Seriously .. the "B" stands for bell-end. I just laugh at people wearing them.

Even the good Dr Dre himself has now disassociated with the brand based on an article I read.

(edit - I recently just got a new cable for my HD-25's ... have had them 12yrs already ... here's to another twelve!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

eth0 wrote: »
    Can't remember the last time I download 128kbit songs. Always 256+ or FLAC in the last few years

320 kbps or vinyl tbh

/snob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

http://www.thomann.de/ie/audio_technica_athm30.htm

I have to say, these are pretty decent for the price. I don't like that Dr. Dre wants to add more Bass to my Led Zeppelin. It's grand the way it is, mate :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

The earmuff head phones make you look like a wannabe DJ. And you paid 350 quid for that pleasure. I bet 99% of the people wearing them don’t even know what 1210s are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Bambi wrote: »
    That said, I see a burd wearing a decent set of sennheisers and she goes right up in my estimation, a pair of beats then she's probably a slag.

Over her choice of headphones:confused:
    Im no fan of Beats headphones but thats quite an assumption to make. A friend could have just ill-advised her to purchase them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

Anything more than €150 on headphones is just moronic in my opinion.
    I've used lots of different types in studios and the like and my favourite by far are Sennheiser HD205's cost about €50 and great bang for your buck.

You work with music in a studio and you seriously believe that?

You really think there's no difference between Sennheiser HD205's and higher end headphones?

Wow. Anyway....

There's some awful sh1te been posted in here by people who obviously have no idea what they are talking about. Headphones are the same as anything else, you get what you pay for.

The same people would have no qualms about spending top money on a HDTV or new smartphone. Well, guess what, some people spend more time listening to music than watching X-factor in HD.

And back on topic, Beats are awful awful overpriced sh1te.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Over her choice of headphones:confused:
    Im no fan of Beats headphones but thats quite an assumption to make. A friend could have just ill-advised her to purchase them

I ondly said PROBABLY a slag :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

I just go cheap (under €20) because I will break them in a couple of months anyway. Spending around €300 for a set of headphones is just stupid. For that price you can get a x box or playstation, a decent smartphone, or a nice TV which can do a lot more than a pair of headphones

anncoates wrote: »

Ya, they're so cool, I'm listening to them before they exist.

• Advertisement

Jester252 wrote: »
    I just go cheap (under €20) because I will break them in a couple of months anyway. Spending around €300 for a set of headphones is just stupid. For that price you can get a x box or playstation, a decent smartphone, or a nice TV which can do a lot more than a pair of headphones

Subtly is the key to good trolling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭HoggyRS

Ella wrote: »
    What's wrong with the ones that come with your phone/mp3? I don't get this earphone lark. They all do the same thing.

You must truly hate music, or just your ears...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

or a Microwave. Don't forget the Microwave.

Bambi wrote: »
    I ondly said PROBABLY a slag :mad:

i know you ondly said that, lets just calm down :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Sennheiser HD201s are only 25 quid and they're deadly, anyone who doesn't want to spend crazy money on headphones should have a set of these. I've had mine for 3 years and they're still perfect.

Beats are so effing stupid. You have to have batteries in them all the time. Fanny Wangs are the way to go if you want something insanely bass heavy imo

Cheap headphones sound like sh1t. No bass, no clarity, waste of time. Even 40 euro will get you decent sound

• Advertisement

anncoates wrote: »

no they're just quality affordable headphones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Scrappychimow

Just a few moments ago i was sitting in my car enjoying a latte , a taxi pulls up and some little wimp got out of it with a pair of white Dr .Dre beats.......

:mad:

krudler wrote: »
    no they're just quality affordable headphones

I'm just going to stick with my Yantashi Cathode-Propulsion technic-2901's.

You wouldn't have heard of them as they haven't been released here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

The only thing worse than Beats is people in cars enjoying lattes.

• Advertisement

Beats aren't too bad, much better headphones available mind. I find it amusing that 80% of people walking around with them are wearing fake beats bought off ebay.

hilarity, the boards ad in the bottom right is for beats on this thread :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Spends €300+ on Beats headphones.

Listens to music at 128kbps :pac:

I get people coming into my shop asking if I sell Beats, when I point them to the Sennheisers they act like it's a bargain basement rip-off brand. It's their money, I guess, so let them be.

One guy who had asked me also wanted to buy 16GB of RAM off me, when I asked him what he wanted that amount for he just shrugged his shoulders and said it's for no other reason than have more RAM than everybody else.

I imagine that's why he wanted Beats headphones.

The pleb.

A ton says he owns an iPhone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Bad Panda wrote: »

Of course he did, he kept playing with it as he was talking to me. One thing that drives me nuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Beats are made by Monster who are well known for their rip off products..
    You know that fancy HDMI cable that all the TV salesmen say you need to get the best out of your tv..and it's a bloody €100? That's a monster cable as well.
    There's a girl here who's husband works with Monster and he gets them for cost price.
    The fancy solo pair I paid €180 for? He can get them for €48...so huge mark up.
    Dumped them and used philips shs9100...fantastic set of earbuds and easily a match for Sennheisser and Shure..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Of course he did, he kept playing with it as he was talking to me. One thing that drives me nuts.

Things like this make me rage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭Svetti Arss

Theres no doubt that Bose make great products. But unless you buy from an authorised dealer they will more or less tell you to **** off if they break.

I have a nice pair of noise cancelling earphones. Forget the brand.
    Never understood the difference til I put these on, wow :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

Blazer wrote: »
    Beats are made by Monster who are well known for their rip off products..
    You know that fancy HDMI cable that all the TV salesmen say you need to get the best out of your tv..and it's a bloody €100? That's a monster cable as well.

but..but...the virus noise protection..

http://sophosnews.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/cable-anti-virus1.jpg?w=640

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

lol...one of my mates has great crack with the tv salesman when they try and push the cable.
    The cable supports 10 bit TVs etc so he'd always ask them to show him the 10bit TVs in the hope of purchasing one....knowing full well they don't exist and that Sony discontinued their last one a few years back.
    He gets a right kick out of watching their faces as they attempt to point out tvs etc and rips their statements to pieces :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 DelBoyCORCAIGH

I bought two pairs of beats while on holidays in spain off the fella's selling watches and handbags in the street, managed to haggle to get both of them for less than €20 each :p obviously they are not the real thing but they look the exact same and are working fine so far, and have been told that they sound basically the same as the normal ones by a friend. If they do stop working, I can still wear them around my neck :P

If they do stop working, I can still wear them around my neck :P

Wearing a pair of underpants on your head will afford you the same level of dignity but at an even cheaper cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I really can't comprehend how people here get so worked up about how other people choose to spend their money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

For info on REAL Headphones

http://www.head-fi.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

I don't get why people walk around with headphones in all the time.
    I much prefer taking in the sounds of the world around me.
    And I'm a feckin musician.

Repped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Just back from Spain and all the sunglasses guys are selling fakes for 15quid or less. I reckon 9 in 10 on the plane home wearing headphones had a pair.
    I did listen to them and having a 50euro pair of turtle beach I really do hope the real ones sound better .

Bad Panda wrote: »

iphones aren't a status symbol anymore they're common as muck, and yes I own an iphone :pac:

iphones are too mainstream :pac:

krudler wrote: »
    iphones aren't a status symbol anymore they're common as muck, and yes I own an iphone :pac:

Real ganstas like me rock old school Nokias

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

Reading this thread also reminded me of apple. I think dr dre may have copied apples marketing approach and it looks like it worked, again.

Advertisement