Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beats headphones

Comments

Wetbench4 wrote: »
    Reading this thread also reminded me of apple. I think dr dre may have copied apples marketing approach and it looks like it worked, again.

Well except for the fact Apple make far superior products to their competitors, however saying apple is crap is the "cool" thing to do these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Well except for the fact Apple make far superior products to their competitors, however saying apple is crap is the "cool" thing to do these days.

Your ignorant is showing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Aren't they all fake now anyway? They're selling them for €20 a pair down in Moore Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Bonita810

It just a fashion accessory which cost too much in comparison to the price. You want real music, go to concert:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    Real ganstas like me rock old school Nokias

No, only student ironicists do.

Although they get beaten up by gangsters so there is a tenuous link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭leviathon

Just to jump on the sennheiser bandwagon as I'm always gone for their headphones, not sure if this was mentioned already but....

Someone mentioned about money going back into the economy spending that much on beats. A lot of the higher end sennheisers are made right here in good oul Eire - they've a place in offaly. So if yer ever standing in a shop with a pair of beats in one hand, sennheiser in the other, and a few hundred quid in your pocket.. well you know where I'm headed with this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

anncoates wrote: »
    No, only student ironicists do.

Although they get beaten up by gangsters so there is a tenuous link.

Looks like I've unwittingly associated myself with hipsters. Actually, I use a Nokia because it fits comfortably in my pocket, lasts over a week without charging and I couldn't give a **** about all the apps and whatnot on smartphones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Fiddy Cent & Tinchy Stryder have their own ranges of headphones now.Crazy money for stuff that the artist endorsing them doesn't even wear.

Does anybody remember when Dre was proper gangsta? Now he's selling overpriced crap to gullible fools.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 690 ✭✭✭puffishoes

zerks wrote: »

Does anybody remember when Dre was proper gangsta? Now he's selling overpriced crap to gullible fools.

Hows that any different from his albums? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I think glorifying murdering people, doing drugs and treating women like dirt is a considerable step down from hoodwinking people with overpriced headphones.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

krudler wrote: »
    iphones aren't a status symbol anymore they're common as muck, and yes I own an iphone :pac:

I know, but my point was, because he just wanted extra RAM so he could have more than anyone else, he's clearly an idiot, knows nothing/little about technology and would see an iPhone as some amazing piece of kit that's the bestest in the world ever because of their price tag. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

puffishoes wrote: »
    Hows that any different from his albums? :pac:

People with internet buy albums?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

People with internet buy albums?
    Downloading albums is too mainstream

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Beats are ug boots for the head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Wetbench4 wrote: »
    Reading this thread also reminded me of apple. I think dr dre may have copied apples marketing approach and it looks like it worked, again.

Precisely my own thoughts. The whole Beats thing has the exact same feature as iPhones, both of these products are a triumph of marketing and branding over rational common sense. Except that in terms of profit margins I'd think the Beats go even further than the iPhone

An iPhone costs $174 to manufacture and then sells for €600. My guess is that Beats cost less than $50 to produce giving them a much higher magin. It is just insane to think that ANY headphone is worth €350.

Its even crazier when you think than the average annual income of someone in a country like Burkina Faso is around $500.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

RATM wrote: »
    Precisely my own thoughts. The whole Beats thing has the exact same feature as iPhones, both of these products are a triumph of marketing and branding over rational common sense. Except that in terms of profit margins I'd think the Beats go even further than the iPhone

An iPhone costs $174 to manufacture and then sells for €600. My guess is that Beats cost less than $50 to produce giving them a much higher magin. It is just insane to think that ANY headphone is worth €350.

I don't think you understand what a profit margin is. You're not taking into account the cost of labour, tax, shipping, packaging, advertising etc etc

Mr Whirly wrote: »
    I don't think you understand what a profit margin is. You're not taking into account the cost of labour, tax, shipping, packaging, advertising etc etc

?

If you can make it for 1/3 of the price and sell it for 7 times that price. surley we can assume the profit margins on the beats to the iphone is much higher?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Naomi00

Apple's products are crap though. And it's like they're programmed to break just as the warranty expires.

In what way? are they not intel hardware for their machines now? the same hardware used everywhere else?

Does the OS of things like the ipad/iphone not lock most of the capability of the phone/device?

In what way exactly are they superior?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Yakult wrote: »
    You obviously did not try hard enough. ONE pair? Ya thats really testing the market. Trust me, theirs better out there for half the price. You are paying 70% for the name.

It wasn't up to me to test the market. I got them as a surprise Christmas present. The noise cancellation is excellent and the sound is great. Overall, I'm very happy with my present!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Give me a decent pair of Sennheiser headphones any day.
    Find them the best.
    Others can keep their trendy fashion symbols.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rezident

I tested a pair, the sound was better than the pieces of tin you get with your phone but the bass is overdone and they're overpriced. Also, I tried all twelve earbuds and not one fitted one of my ears without falling out, and the remote control felt cheap. They're poor value.

For a similar price the klipsch S4i's have better sound, fit my ears much better and come in plain black. Far better overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Wearing Sennheisers right now.

All parts are detachable and replaceable and they are made in, eh, Ireland!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

You work with music in a studio and you seriously believe that?

You really think there's no difference between Sennheiser HD205's and higher end headphones?

Wow. Anyway....

There's some awful sh1te been posted in here by people who obviously have no idea what they are talking about.

Hey buddy, don't try to tell me I don't know what I'm talking about. :rolleyes: No need to be rude.
    Nice fella for twisting words too.
    Excuse me for having an OPINION, but when we use certain tools, we need them to serve a specific purpose. And once that purpose is served, anything else is just shiny little bits of ****e that we don't really need.
    I decided to contribute in this little discussion for the simple reason that I in fact, do, know quite a lot about what I'm talking about. You can see from my post count, that I don't like engaging in threads on this site all that much, usually because somebody has already said whatever I would have said anyway.
    But I digress.
    In a recording studio, the primary use of headphones is to facilitate a musician in the monitoring of an audio track during a performance (ie - to make sure that they can hear what's going on)
    The reason headphones are used is because if they were given monitoring via loudspeakers this would cause spillage to occur from the the speakers to the microphones.
    In this situation, a musician simply requires a pair of headphones that can deliver to them the audio in a comfortable way. In the case of musicians that play very loud instruments (eg Drummers), headphones with strong sound isolation are a much better choice as they appear to be "louder" helping the drummer to concentrate on the "click track" (metronome) while playing without the distraction of outside noise.
    As a drummer myself, the headphones I said were my "favourite" in a previous post do just that.
    Outside of the recording process, headphones are pretty much made redundant in a studio due to high quality monitoring. You won't see studios shelling out €300+ on a pair of cans, thats for sure.

So please don't be such a condescending see you next tuesday when you don't even take the time to read what has been written previously.
    No wonder I prefer to spend my time just laughing at other people bitching on this discussion board. Ah, people just love the anonymity of the internet, don't they.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭dmcg90

*Inserts Ohh I got Sennheiser they are so much better status*

Well done. I got my pair for free thanks to a nifty UPC Carphone Warehouse voucher. Pretty good sound and a total step up from my ear buds, wouldn't actually pay for Beats but they're not all that bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Pfft, I pity your cheap ass beats ear muffs.

These are what you really need:
    http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD800-Over-Ear-Circum-Aural-Headphone/dp/B001OTZ8DA

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Voice of the Ages

I've never understood the desire for Beats. Overpriced and useless.

Consumerism!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭PC CDROM

My Sony MDR V700 Still rock today, some 8 years after I bought them.

Thinking about it though... they did cost a small fecking fortune at the time :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

It annoys me to see all the lemmings walking around with dre beats headphones.
    They did look nice when they came out first, but now everyone has them , even rasher and anto.

I'd love to smash my fist off the next pair of beats i see, and break the plastic crap into pieces.

I could say the same about the bloody iPhone. It looks like I'm going to have to buy a more expensive and exclusive phone.... :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Scrappychimow

stepbar wrote: »
    I could say the same about the bloody iPhone. It looks like I'm going to have to buy a more expensive and exclusive phone.... :pac::pac::pac:
    Nowadays everybody wanna talk like they got something to say , but muthafcukers act like they forgot about dre!

no more apple talk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I saw a 5 year old child in a pair of beats the other day, ridiculous. I walked straight up to him and snatched them off his head and snapped them in two, and roared at him that he didn't earn them, and his parents dole shouldn't be spent on such rubbish.
    His stupid mother came over in a fit of hysterics to the crying child and I told her she should not have bought a pair of headphones so overpriced. By now I was surrounded by a crowd of onlookers, slack jawed and shocked that a grown man could express himself in public, most of them were probably knackers judging by their 'beats' head phones and common clothes.
    An elderly man who was probably straight out of the pub (this was at 2pm) stammered at me like an idiot about what I should and shouldn't say to people in public as a grown man in a democracy! I promptly told him I'd break his face as I am a black belt in mua thai MMA and am not afraid of scumbags like him, that shut him up sharpish. :cool:
    Then a local dole collector more my size and build verbally assaulted me, the coward, and put his filthy hands on me when I called him a scumbag!
    I mean FFS, I got in one little fight and my mom got scared and said "You're moving with your auntie and uncle in Bel-air" I whistled for a cab and when it came near the license plate said "fresh" and had a dice in the mirror, if anything I could say that this cab was rare but I thought nah, forget it, yo homes to Bel-air!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

I've had 3 pairs of headphones: Bose, Sennheiser and now Dr Dre Beats (studio)... all of which were very expensive but in and around the same price. To be honest, the best are Dr Dre Beats. Bose are extremely good too because they don't leak sound at all (unlike the beats) however I found the sennheisers to be the worst! But all in all I really don't understand people when they brand Dr Dre Beats "crappy overpriced headphones"... they're unbelievable :L And they do look a lot better!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

Hey buddy, don't try to tell me I don't know what I'm talking about. :rolleyes: No need to be rude.
    Excuse me for having an OPINION, but when we use certain tools, we need them to serve a specific purpose. And once that purpose is served, anything else is just shiny little bits of ****e that we don't really need.
    I decided to contribute in this little discussion for the simple reason that I in fact, do, know quite a lot about what I'm talking about. You can see from my post count, that I don't like engaging in threads on this site all that much, usually because somebody has already said whatever I would have said anyway.
    But I digress.
    In a recording studio, the primary use of headphones is to facilitate a musician in the monitoring of an audio track during a performance (ie - to make sure that they can hear what's going on)
    The reason headphones are used is because if they were given monitoring via loudspeakers this would cause spillage to occur from the the speakers to the microphones.
    In this situation, a musician simply requires a pair of headphones that can deliver to them the audio in a comfortable way. In the case of musicians that play very loud instruments (eg Drummers), headphones with strong sound isolation are a much better choice as they appear to be "louder" helping the drummer to concentrate on the "click track" (metronome) while playing without the distraction of outside noise.
    As a drummer myself, the headphones I said were my "favourite" in a previous post do just that.
    Outside of the recording process, headphones are pretty much made redundant in a studio due to high quality monitoring. You won't see studios shelling out €300+ on a pair of cans, thats for sure.

So please don't be such a condescending see you next tuesday when you don't even take the time to read what has been written previously.
    No wonder I prefer to spend my time just laughing at other people bitching on this discussion board. Ah, people just love the anonymity of the internet, don't they.

There's too much here to know where to begin.

Did you miss the "Anyway...." in my post. The comment about a lot of people not knowing what they are talking about was not directed at you, it was aimed at the thread in general.

I simply stated that I found it hard to believe that a music professional does not consider there to be a difference between 50e headphones and higher end ones for studio work. If you found that rude, don't go posting things like "Anything more than €150 on headphones is just moronic".

Some of your points are just baffling to me to be honest. You won't find 300$+ headphones in any studios? I'm not even getting into that, let's just agree to disagree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

PC CDROM wrote: »
    My Sony MDR V700 Still rock today, some 8 years after I bought them.

Thinking about it though... they did cost a small fecking fortune at the time :/

I dj with them, have to replace them every 3 years, but they are my favourite headphones for playing out with, I love Seinheissers aswell, but more for studio/radio end of things, not in loud clubs.....

Oh and for the record, they are only 99 quid a pair nowadays in HMV....

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

So stercus.you have an active imagination???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

I did radio in college so needed to get a good pair of headphones - Sennheiser were recommended to me so I got a pair for 60 quid - seemed plenty to be spending. And they're still perfect several years later.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dave3004

Melion wrote: »
    I really hope that's a joke

Nope.

I like listening to music.

I like fashion. Simples really.

Because I am not "with" the underground music scene and dont understand what good and bad brands are in relation to music makes me a joke?

Because I "bought into" the marketing of Beats By Dr Dre makes me so laughable?

I dont get hung up on matters like this thank god.

I walked into a shop and picked out the best looking pair of headphones and then left then shop and went on with my life.

There are more important issues than whether you are getting shafted for quality when purchasing expensive headphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Steodonn

Wonders how many people in this thread buy designer clothes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

But I digress.

First off, stop crying on the internet.

Secondly, you made the sweeping statement that paying over 150 quid for headphones was "moronic", thus tarring a large section of the posters on this thread (users of Beats, Sennheiser etc) as morons, but then expect people not to be "rude' (Not that the guy was, anyway). I don't recall anyone calling you a moron.

Thirdly, I've seen makeshift studios set up in kitchens with better headphones than the 205s, and also good headphones over 150 quid can make music sound just incredible. It doesn't take a moron or a genius to appreciate the difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭HoggyRS

Pottler wrote: »
    He has a car. I bought him a Subaru and made a dirt track oval out the front. All joking aside. He laps sideways - we never owned a car growing up, too poor. That has changed.:) I thought it was a bit much for a pair of headphones as well in fairness, until I listened to them. Now, I reckon they were a bargain. Before a load of "he's spoilt" posts come up, no, he's not. He's like his brother, he's 15 and expected to do a days work whenever he is off school, as in "a proper, sweaty days work", up at 6, hme at 6. No whinging. Anyway, they're good headphones and everyone admires them and asks for a go, so I'm not the only one who thinks they are good.

When I was 15 I bought a set of Decks, headphones and speakers for probably less than 375, out of my own money and my old man still snapped! I don't know what he would of thought of me spending that much on just headphones, let alone asking him to pay!

No harm to ya though if you wanna treat your kids, you can't spend it when your dead!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Wesc. wrote: »
    I've had 3 pairs of headphones: Bose, Sennheiser and now Dr Dre Beats (studio)... all of which were very expensive but in and around the same price. To be honest, the best are Dr Dre Beats. Bose are extremely good too because they don't leak sound at all (unlike the beats) however I found the sennheisers to be the worst! But all in all I really don't understand people when they brand Dr Dre Beats "crappy overpriced headphones"... they're unbelievable :L And they do look a lot better!

To be fair, it depends on what your listening to, if its more vocal than instrument, if you personally prefer higher bass to lower other sound range tones, depends on range compressors and a combination of spatializer use.

All makes can be good to be fair, if used with the right combination of music.

My person preference is the Sennheisers. Found them to be good all round, come as not too expensive and does the job without also having to be come a current fashion trend.

Each to their own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Exactly, beats are designed for hip-hop, so it accentuates certain elements, giving a thumping bass. which you can feel. It's not necessarily about audiophile-level perfect sound replication, but about making music sound the way their customers prefer it.

I used to have a pair myself, but returned them for some Bose Quietcomfort, cause I wanted good noise-reduction. Certain music sounds better, but I do miss the bass.

Your ignorant is showing.
    Naomi00 wrote: »
    Apple's products are crap though. And it's like they're programmed to break just as the warranty expires.
    puffishoes wrote: »
    In what way? are they not intel hardware for their machines now? the same hardware used everywhere else?

Does the OS of things like the ipad/iphone not lock most of the capability of the phone/device?

In what way exactly are they superior?

Just go and look at what software engineers, engineers and physicists who do heavy simulation and programming use not to me mention anyone involved in music or film, most won't even touch anything other than macs.

Android phones are as big as tv's and terrible to use incomparison to iPhones, I used an android for one week while between iPhones and I nearly flushed the piece of crap down the toilet. Buggy oversized toys is all they are, they look crap and going by what I see with my friends if you drop one it breaks. My last iPhone got unreal abuse and never skipped a beat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Just go and look at what software engineers, engineers and physicists who do heavy simulation and programming use not to me mention anyone involved in music or film, most won't even touch anything other than macs.

I've worked in IT for a while now. Most comapnies are at least 90% Windows with the other 10% mainly Linux based web servers. MACs are usually used by Social Media and Publishing departments. I know a lot of developers. They tend to have PC's and MACs at home, the one's I know that just have a MAC have to dual boot Windows 7 to be able to do .NET Programming.

Any IT people who have MACs are either dual booting with Windows, Have a PC too, Have a Citrix Virtual Desktop or don't do much low level work when not in the office.

I'm not sure why but certain Universities in Ireland seem to brainwash students that Microsoft is evil and a dying breed. It's not true. Had some guy on here and a friend who went to NUIG who said their lecturers told them .NET Languages were a waste of time because it has a .NET Dependency. What a load of ****...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

Wompa1 wrote: »
    I've worked in IT for a while now. Most comapnies are at least 90% Windows with the other 10% mainly Linux based web servers. MACs are usually used by Social Media and Publishing departments. I know a lot of developers. They tend to have PC's and MACs at home, the one's I know that just have a MAC have to dual boot Windows 7 to be able to do .NET Programming.

Any IT people who have MACs are either dual booting with Windows, Have a PC too, Have a Citrix Virtual Desktop or don't do much low level work when not in the office.

I'm not sure why but certain Universities in Ireland seem to brainwash students that Microsoft is evil and a dying breed. It's not true. Had some guy on here and a friend who went to NUIG who said their lecturers told them .NET Languages were a waste of time because it has a .NET Dependency. What a load of ****...

I work in a science research institute and all the theory guys (people who run simulations) use Linux for certain things but all use their macs mostly. It's hardly coincidence that the 5 or so people who push their machines the hardest all swear by Apple. Matlab would be the main program used rather than traditional programming languages.

I actually don't have a macbook myself as I bought a new laptop just before I bought my first iPhone, if I has the iPhone a week before I did my laptop purchase id have bought a mac, apple products are just a pleasure to use. There is no doubt that my next laptop will be a MacBook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I saw a 5 year old child in a pair of beats the other day, ridiculous. I walked straight up to him and snatched them off his head and snapped them in two, and roared at him that he didn't earn them, and his parents dole shouldn't be spent on such rubbish.
    His stupid mother came over in a fit of hysterics to the crying child and I told her she should not have bought a pair of headphones so overpriced. By now I was surrounded by a crowd of onlookers, slack jawed and shocked that a grown man could express himself in public, most of them were probably knackers judging by their 'beats' head phones and common clothes.
    An elderly man who was probably straight out of the pub (this was at 2pm) stammered at me like an idiot about what I should and shouldn't say to people in public as a grown man in a democracy! I promptly told him I'd break his face as I am a black belt in mua thai MMA and am not afraid of scumbags like him, that shut him up sharpish. :cool:
    Then a local dole collector more my size and build verbally assaulted me, the coward, and put his filthy hands on me when I called him a scumbag!
    I mean FFS, I got in one little fight and my mom got scared and said "You're moving with your auntie and uncle in Bel-air" I whistled for a cab and when it came near the license plate said "fresh" and had a dice in the mirror, if anything I could say that this cab was rare but I thought nah, forget it, yo homes to Bel-air!
    7/10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Android phones are as big as tv's and terrible to use incomparison to iPhones, I used an android for one week while between iPhones and I nearly flushed the piece of crap down the toilet. Buggy oversized toys is all they are, they look crap and going by what I see with my friends if you drop one it breaks. My last iPhone got unreal abuse and never skipped a beat.
    1. Where you do you base this information on? Music producers do favour Macs because of support for exclusive programs like Logic and for the speed but I haven't heard of software engineers or the others you have mentioned insisting on Macs. Most as far as I know use heavy workstations which run on Windows or Linux.

2. Not sure what you're on about because the iPhone 4/S has glass on both sides, a drop on concrete shatters the thing. Android phones come in all sizes and the current UI is as smooth if not smoother than iOS. There was a time where the iPhone UI clearly outed Android but the gap has become much smaller and both are very enjoyable to use. Not to mention the more powerful Android phones blow the iPhone out of the water spec wise. Each to their own though, they're pretty much on par at the moment.

If I didn't know any better I'd call you a deluded Apple-head to be honest. Hop along back to Gizmodo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

poisonated wrote: »
    Luckily this isn't Ranting and raving so I can go against the rant. I think they are very good head phones. Are they over priced? a little but not by as much as people are making out here. They are very comfortable and provide top class sound. I have tried another pair which cost the same amount and they were no where near as good.

what are your reference points for comparison?

because they don't provide top class sound

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

dave3004 wrote: »
    I walked into a shop and picked out the best looking pair of headphones and then left then shop and went on with my life.

you bought the best looking item that you won't be able to see while using it?

how they sound wasn't a factor of consideration no?

• Advertisement
Advertisement