Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I do this?

Options
  • 15-08-2012 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Can someone tell me how to do this text effect in Photoshop.
    You know the "block coloured background" that surrounds the text. Thanks!
    Typography-Poster-Design.jpg that surrounds the text..
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭flanree

Its a task better suited to InDesign or Illustrator where you can centre text in a proper coloured text box. A workaround in Photoshop is type your text and use the rectangle tool to make a shape on a layer below it. Rotate using Edit > Transform.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Letmeout

ok thanks,
    but what if there is several sentences. and they are not all lined up. eg:

the day can be sunny
    .....is over and out right now
    and you can see
    .....it might be over then and not
    but it doesn't really

I've seen this style in poster designs.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Triangular

flanree wrote: »
    Its a task better suited to InDesign or Illustrator

I've been trying to design some posters for the first time recently in phototshop but am finding it difficult, and thought I was somewhat literate in it...Is illustrator better for this kinda stuff?

If you have it, InDesign is the best for this task. When you create a text box you can colour the box independently to the text inside. The text can be centred inside the box. For multiple sentences you kinda need multiple text boxes if they stagger as you describe. The other option is to find a font that has its own box around each letter, similar to Square Frame Negative perhaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭FlashD

Create your images in Illustrator / Photoshop and finish.

Then bring everything into InDesign where typography is added and layout is designed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

MSPaint is yer only man

MSPaint all the way and while yer at it there's a lovely font called Comic Sans

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Letmeout wrote: »
    ok thanks,
    but what if there is several sentences. and they are not all lined up. eg:

the day can be sunny
    .....is over and out right now
    and you can see
    .....it might be over then and not
    but it doesn't really

I've seen this style in poster designs.

It shouldn't be difficult. Layout your text as desired. Add shape layers below the bits of text and transform them as required.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

Illustrator. Create 3 different rectangles, then type the words so your first thing, then click away your second one then click away and finally your third, then put each sentence inside the boxes, use the allignment tools in illustrator to center the text in the box and then use the black arrow select tool to turn them make em bigger smaller etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

flanree wrote: »
    MSPaint all the way and while yer at it there's a lovely font called Comic Sans

Sanskrit, dude, Sanskrit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement