Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 Mod warning post # 1403

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭suffering golfer

Surprised at one also. Do we really need him? I suppose we do if you look at the backup available. Understand he can play left back also?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Possible that Valencia didn't look likely to come up with the Negredo money and this was our best chance of recouping it. Not sure, but its just possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Surprised at one also. Do we really need him? I suppose we do if you look at the backup available. Understand he can play left back also?

This does make for sence to me thats cover for 2 positions LB and CB.In the united form people where losing there mind when they where linked to him but i dont watch la liga much either expect the big games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Possible that Valencia didn't look likely to come up with the Negredo money and this was our best chance of recouping it. Not sure, but its just possible.
    It seems to be the emerging theory. Otamendi apparently had a higher "buy out" clause in his contract than the fee we're being touted as paying.

Im thinking Deynar will go to Valencia instead of Mangala.He will be down the pecking order here and will get some great experience there.Backline be very formidable then espically the form Kompanys in!

• Advertisement

Looks like De Bruyne has decided to drop anchor and stay put at Wolfsburg;

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNewsHQ/status/633356476883542016

Fair enough. His decision. He's happy to stay in a one team league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

blueser wrote: »
    Looks like De Bruyne has decided to drop anchor and stay put at Wolfsburg;

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNewsHQ/status/633356476883542016

Fair enough. His decision. He's happy to stay in a one team league.

Apparently it was out of context and his management team are furious...it's a long running saga wish it would end. He could be the final piece of the jigsaw though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

rwbug wrote: »
    Plus - Depay has looked very poor so far ( not writing him off) his runs look good but his ball skills look poor so far - he is no Sterling.

Rooney at 24 years old was great/world class - since then we haven't seen brilliance - He now looks pretty poor.

Mata - had two nice passes versus Villa but was a liability otherwise.
    POKERKING wrote: »
    Apparently it was out of context and his management team are furious...it's a long running saga wish it would end. He could be the final piece of the jigsaw though.

you are not playing Jigsaw you are playing Jenga, the landscape is constantly changing and there will always be a weak link that needs strengthening.

Feel free to ignore this, Fabregas was Chelsea's last piece of the jigsaw.

POKERKING wrote: »
    Seems that is indeed the case;

https://twitter.com/SkyFootball/status/633389599864262657

Sounds like the lad was put in a very difficult situation, on stage at an official Wolfsburg function, being asked questions in a language he apparently isn't fluent in.

you are not playing Jigsaw you are playing Jenga, the landscape is constantly changing and there will always be a weak link that needs strengthening.

Or maybe it's like a game of Monopoly, you buy your best options and hope you come out of it with a few bob left to pay the electrical company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

KDB will sign for city

Looks like otamendi going for a medical and deal as been agreed with valenca £31mil.

I dont get this post i really dont.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

We surely now need to either loan out Denayer or move on Demi. Five is too many to keep happy. I would guess it will be loan for Denayer.

We surely now need to either loan out Denayer or move on Demi. Five is too many to keep happy. I would guess it will be loan for Denayer.

Surly Demi be used for CL games from now on,he has the experince.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

I would guess Denayer will go on loan. Demi's contract is up this summer I think so it makes sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Otamendi signing now official, just get DeBruyne deal over the line and we're set fair for the season.:)

What do people rate Pedro,just I was talking with one of my mates who is a united fan and he rated him highly going as far to say he a notch below Suarez and Hazard and on par with silva and mata in talent.I totlay disagreed with him.Hes a small man and rarely does that work well in the premier league.Di maria was a far better player in my estimation and pedro was a step down.

De Bruyne now next but even if we dont get him city made some great signings and will channelge it very close!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

What do people rate Pedro,just I was talking with one of my mates who is a united fan and he rated him highly going as far to say he a notch below Suarez and Hazard and on par with silva and mata in talent.I totlay disagreed with him.Hes a small man and rarely does that work well in the premier league.Di maria was a far better player in my estimation and pedro was a step down.

De Bruyne now next but even if we dont get him city made some great signings and will channelge it very close!

I don't understand why you say he's a small man then compare him to 3 players Hazard, Mata and Silva who are all small and work well in the league. His record is 1 in 3 goals, that is excellent from the wing when you consider a huge portion of his games came from coming off the bench and while he was playing second fiddle to some of the best players of the the last decade. He played a more important role for Spain in the Euro's and their WC success then either Silva or Mata too.

I think he'll have a 1 or 2 very good seasons. He suits tactical systems, doesn't shirk his defensive duties and has an excellent engine and is a crisp finisher. He sounds like the perfect Mourinho player to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Exciting to see Mangala and Otamendi play together again. They were a great partnership at Porto together

• Advertisement

Exciting to see Mangala and Otamendi play together again. They were a great partnership at Porto together

Yeah people are certain this means Mangala out but I think it's definitely a warning shot to Kompany too. If he goes AWOL for large spells this season again he'll be dropped in no time. Serious depth in defense for City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Lukker- wrote: »
    Yeah people are certain this means Mangala out but I think it's definitely a warning shot to Kompany too. If he goes AWOL for large spells this season again he'll be dropped in no time. Serious depth in defense for City.

From how he has played so far in terms of quality and intensity, the words I have heard from him and rumours saying he was back to training weeks before expected tells me Kompany is like a man possessed this year and wants to show again why he's on of the best in the world. Mangala looks to be staying now which is great as he too is showing some of that world class potential as well as having several other top CB's around him to learn from. Exciting times for sure. A De Bruyne or Isco type addition now and it'll be a great window.

Bild is reporting that De Bruyne's move is happening apparently.

Unreal!!

another great signing,

our attacking lineup will tear teams apart this season

im not believing we have signed KDB until the club confirm it.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Jesper

Myself and GF are going to Manchester next weekend. Meeting an Irish friend who lives there now. 3 of us going to the Man City vs. Watford game on Saturday.
    Can anyone give me tips on where to go before the game for some atmosphere and a few drinks [that will be safe if they find out I'm an Everton fan]. Or any good advice on Manchester on a whole?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

All I can say for sure is it will most likely be raining. :D

Jesper wrote: »
    Myself and GF are going to Manchester next weekend. Meeting an Irish friend who lives there now. 3 of us going to the Man City vs. Watford game on Saturday.
    Can anyone give me tips on where to go before the game for some atmosphere and a few drinks [that will be safe if they find out I'm an Everton fan]. Or any good advice on Manchester on a whole?

• Advertisement

Zuculini gone to Benfica on five year contract.

Jesper wrote: »
    I'm going over to the Watford game as well. You should be okay in Mary D's, you're not a United fan! Though if you manage to dick us tomorrow, I wouldn't go in with an Everton shirt on display! ;) The back bar (where the DJ is) is where the more "boisterous" mob would tend to congregate; never been in it on derby day, but I've been told they can get very excitable in there. There shouldn't be any trouble as they have doormen on duty, so no away fans would be in there. The beer is not great mind; Carling sold in plastic/polysterene cups seems to be the main seller, though they do have others on sale.

Zuculini gone to Benfica on five year contract.

Looks like I was wrong.

City Watch ‏@City_Watch
    Benfica have publicly DENIED that they will be signing Bruno Zuculini despite it being all over the Portuguese press.

A very professional performance, at a ground that has never been a happy hunting ground for us. Apart from that period just before HT, when we gave away a couple of daft free kicks in dangerous areas, Everton never really threatened. MOTM for me was Vinnie; approaching somewhere near his imperious 11/12 form. But Merlin was his usual self; we sort of take him for granted at this stage. Looking forward to going over next weekend now.

Always expect the worst from Everton away- we normally lose, but that was very solid. Sterling has really improved us, we now have a counter attack threat and much more cohesion on the left hand side - he woks so hard and seems to bring the best out of Kolarov. Loads of positives today. Fernandinho looks back to his best and Mangala/Kompany again impressing.

Missed the first half due to crappy internet.Second half looked good ANOTHER clean sheet wow.Away to everton and home to chelsea is very good imo lets hope we can keep it up.

• Advertisement

Away to the Mackems in the League Cup. Hmm. Could have been better (was hoping for a home draw). Hopefully, Pellers will give most of the first choice lads a night off and play the likes of Iheanacho, DeMichelis, Caballero, Delph, possibly Barker and Lopez.

Last season we got knocked out at home by Newcastles kids playing this team -

Caballero, Sagna, Demichelis, Mangala, Kolarov, Milner, Fernandinho, Touré, Silva, Jovetic, Dzeko

Silva got injured early and no youth given a chance. Was a really disappointing night. Hoping the boss is more 'holistic' this year.

Last season we got knocked out at home by Newcastles kids playing this team -

Caballero, Sagna, Demichelis, Mangala, Kolarov, Milner, Fernandinho, Touré, Silva, Jovetic, Dzeko

Silva got injured early and no youth given a chance. Was a really disappointing night. Hoping the boss is more 'holistic' this year.
    I wouldn't be too worried if we did get knocked out, to be honest. After last season's anti-climax, the priority has to be the league, followed by Europe, then the domestic cups.

It would be nice to get to Wembley again though!

;)

More reports coming out that de Bruyne is definitely happening. Can't wait to see how he slots into the team. Good selection headaches on the way :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Mad money but a good signing.

Anyone see this earlier?

https://twitter.com/Anonymous0211/status/636598942759800832

That bloke (woman?) has form and a reputation on City forums for spouting sh**e. It has to be a wind up; Herrera wouldn't get in our first choice XI, or anywhere near it. Might be alright in the second string side in the cups, mind. Worth a cheeky punt just to annoy our quiet neighbours!
    ;)

We want another CM?

We want another CM?
    Apparently, according to "yer wan".

Just saw this on Twitter;

https://twitter.com/BMRisingTV/status/636618041804103681

Lends a sense of perspective to the inevitable media frenzy about the fee.

lol - as rich as he is he doesn't make £165,600,000 per day or $60,444,000,000 per year.

Re- the Herrera rumour/wind up - he is tidy player but not good enough for title challenging team. He wouldn't get in City, Arsenal or Chelsea sides.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/26/manchester-city-kevin-de-bruyne-wolfsburg-54m
    Manchester City are confident they have finally agreed a deal to sign Kevin De Bruyne from Wolfsburg for an initial €74m (£54m), although bonuses could take the deal beyond €80m (£58.5m).

Negotiations over the Belgium midfielder have been taking place for several weeks and sources close to the Bundesliga club have confirmed that a breakthrough was reached on Wednesday. Several details still need to be resolved, including the structure of payments due and the player’s medical.

However, it is understood that De Bruyne will fly to England on Thursday for his medical and is expected to be officially unveiled as a City player on Friday

Still they can't say you bought the title eh? ;)

**** the title ,champions league is what I want:D

**** the title ,champions league is what I want:D

Based on City's past performances I wouldn't get too hopeful :pac:

Champions League - I just want to play someone other than Bayern and CSKA again in the groups. Also not Barca yet again in first ko round if we get out. Variety is spice of live and all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

German media reporting this morning that de Bruyne deal is done for €75m.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement