Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 Mod warning post # 1403

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Dónal wrote: »
    Talk of an injury to Sagna tonight. With zabaleta out til October, who'd be the next choice right back? Maffeo?

How would that even work,can ya call up players from academy like that.Thought you had a set list of players or is there players in resevers that can be called upon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

How would that even work,can ya call up players from academy like that.Thought you had a set list of players or is there players in resevers that can be called upon?

Maffeo was on the bench versus Watford.

In addition to the 25-man named squad, clubs can use an unlimited number of players aged 21 or under.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Maffeo or Otamendi id imagine, not ideal, away to palace with Bolasie and Zaha on the wing be a baptism of fire for anybody.

Im not sure what id do myself there, thats why i dont get the big bucks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Excellent article as always on our finances

http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2015/

POKERKING wrote: »
    Excellent article as always on our finances

http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2015/

Theres alot to it than meets the eye,an interesting read thanks!

Delph off injured after 30 seconds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Delph off injured after 30 seconds
    That is why I have no time for international football. Looks like a hamstring; that's several weeks (depending on the severity of the damage). And he's only jut back after getting injured in pre season.

:mad:

Brightside Sterling playing well ,he made a nice tackle in the box aswell.

Brightside Sterling playing well ,he made a nice tackle in the box aswell.
    I'd rather he was playing poorly and got subbed off.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭suffering golfer

Tough game coming up against Palace. Be interesting to see how City will set up for the match considering Juventus game is midweek. I reckon KDB will be a sub and not a starter.

• Advertisement

Tough game coming up against Palace. Be interesting to see how City will set up for the match considering Juventus game is midweek. I reckon KDB will be a sub and not a starter.
    Agreed. I can't see him starting. Maybe come on after an hour or so, if things are going well. I would have rested Fernandinho for this game; a long trip back from their game in Foxborough. Unfortunately, Fernando is injured and now Delph is too. Nasri in as an alternative, but then who plays the holding midfielder role?

blueser wrote: »
    Agreed. I can't see him starting. Maybe come on after an hour or so, if things are going well. I would have rested Fernandinho for this game; a long trip back from their game in Foxborough. Unfortunately, Fernando is injured and now Delph is too. Nasri in as an alternative, but then who plays the holding midfielder role?

That is a good question, also Sagna is apparently an doubt after picking up a knock for France. Otamendi is the obvious temp replacement?

Think Fernandinho has to come straight in as no alternative options.

No Merlin today; a slight ankle knock but he should bve back for Juve on tuesday night according to MP. I hate international football; Delph and Merlin both injured while playing for their countries. Fcuk.

No Merlin today; a slight ankle knock but he should bve back for Juve on tuesday night according to MP. I hate international football; Delph and Merlin both injured while playing for their countries. Fcuk.

Yea but have plenty of cover, de bruyne def start now today.
    Chelsea 1-0 down and everton looking for more!

Make that 2-0 just as I posted.

Hart, Sagna, Kompany(c), Mangala, Kolarov, Fernandinho, Yaya Toure, Navas, Nasri, Bony, Aguero
    Subs: Caballero, Demichelis, Otamendi, Manu Garcia, Roberts, De Bruyne, Iheanacho.

Return of 442, no Sterling or Silva - this could be tough.
    Manu Garcia on bench yay

rwbug wrote: »
    Hart, Sagna, Kompany(c), Mangala, Kolarov, Fernandinho, Yaya Toure, Navas, Nasri, Bony, Aguero
    Subs: Caballero, Demichelis, Otamendi, Manu Garcia, Roberts, De Bruyne, Iheanacho.

Manu Garcia on bench yay
    Sterling tweaked his hamstring in the warm-up, I'm hearing.

:(

Manu Garcia on bench yay

Must be saving sterling for mid week

Sterling tweaked his hamstring in the warm-up, I'm hearing.

Jesus

Is it not on sky or bt?

• Advertisement

Is it not on sky or bt?
    Nope. Setanta are showing the Arsenal/Stoke game.

Jesus
    They reckon him and Merlin should be fine for Juve on tuesday night.

Nope. Setanta are showing the Arsenal/Stoke game.

Yea watching that now.
    Everton done us a favour today now we just need to turn on the pressure.
    Anyone gave any updates on sterling?

Is it not on sky or bt?

On these channels if you have them

OnTV0nK.png?1

Yea watching that now.
    https://twitter.com/ManCityPhotos/status/642686608941187072

On these channels if you have them

OnTV0nK.png?1

Thanks but have all the sky channells dont have them I dont think.

3-1 for me today.

• Advertisement

Yea watching that now.
    https://twitter.com/SkyFootball/status/642696953394937856

Aguero off injured sigh

Wonder was it a precaution?

Whack on the knee from bad Dann tackle, he came back on and tried to run it off but only lasted another minute.

Whack on the knee from bad Dann tackle, he came back on and tried to run it off but only lasted another minute.
    Dann should have walked for that tackle. And what's with the Palace fans cheering as Sergio went off injured? Best fans in the PL, my a***. Small time mentality.

• Advertisement

lol Navas

Aguero injured, Navas misses open goal, Nasri denied stonewall penalty - could be one of those days

The ref is having a shocker. Dann should have walked for his tackle on Kun, and that was a clear penalty on Samir. And they reckon big cvlubs get all the reffing decisions. Bollox.

Another win and another clean sheet.Heard Navas missed a sitter and peno shout denied.
    Suppose a draw in the united pool game and be decentd results today.

Another win and another clean sheet.Heard Navas missed a sitter and peno shout denied.
    Suppose a draw in the united pool game and be decentd results today.
    Yep; a nailed on penalty. Cabaye (IIRC) on Samir. And Navas had a horrendous miss. Got through, rounded the keeper, then shot wide from not that difficult an angle. We deserved the win today. City seemed intent on trying to play football, whereas Palace seemed to be more focussed on the physical side of the game.

Pellers-

“Sergio couldn’t move the leg. I thought it was directly a red card (for Scott Dann) but the referee thought otherwise. I hope he can recover in the next 48 hours.

“Raheem has a problem with his hamstring so I think it was a risk for him to play today. I hope he is 100% fit for Tuesday.”

Great win and a brilliant job by the team on a difficult turf. Congrats @67Kelechi for the goal! Thanks everyone for your concern. I got a hard hit and it prevented me from playing more. It doesn't seem to be a serious injury though

seen that on facebook posted by Aguero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Watched a clip on itv tonight of city getting knocked out of the cup by Doncaster

Jaysus you start to forget what a brutal experience following this club was

Watched a clip on itv tonight of city getting knocked out of the cup by Doncaster

Jaysus you start to forget what a brutal experience following this club was
    Actually, no. You never forget those experiences (and I'm not sure I'd want to, to be honest). I remember losing at Gay Meadow and the Shay back in the late seventies/early eighties. I remember being in the third tier of English league football as well, and not that awful long ago (thank you Alan Ball). Even after HRH rocked up in East Manchester, I can still see City 0 Forest 3 in the FA Cup, or only getting 1 point off Burnley last season. Wigan beating us at Wembley, four days before they were relegated. It's part of who we are, and makes me appreciate the good times we are currently enjoying all the more. I'd like to think that I will never forget the dark times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Actually, no. You never forget those experiences (and I'm not sure I'd want to, to be honest). I remember losing at Gay Meadow and the Shay back in the late seventies/early eighties. I remember being in the third tier of English league football as well, and not that awful long ago (thank you Alan Ball). Even after HRH rocked up in East Manchester, I can still see City 0 Forest 3 in the FA Cup, or only getting 1 point off Burnley last season. Wigan beating us at Wembley, four days before they were relegated. It's part of who we are, and makes me appreciate the good times we are currently enjoying all the more. I'd like to think that I will never forget the dark times.

O you never forget but as time passes you start to forget the raw feeling of absolute hopelessness it was at times that clip brought it all back again yes it makes us who we are and we deserve every bit of this success now

• Advertisement

giphy.gif

Big 3 points tomorrow night ,be nice to get the 3 and the team is more than able even without Aguero and/or sterling.
    Silva could be a big blow if out especially if all 3 are out.Juventus are in bad form with 1 win from 3 games 2 of which where at home.Does Pel go with Demi or go straight with Otemendi. Currently 4/5 on bet365 I will def be on at that price and hope we win on the handicap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

the other side of the coin, you have given great pleasure to lower league clubs over the years.

The night Barnet beat Man City in the league cup (93/94) was an amazing experience at Underhill.

I went to the return at Maine Road too and although Barnet lost (3 - 1) scoring a goal and holding our own against Premier League opponents made the trip more than worthwhile - so thanks !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Otamendi will come in for Mangala i reckon

greendom wrote: »
    the other side of the coin, you have given great pleasure to lower league clubs over the years.

The night Barnet beat Man City in the league cup (93/94) was an amazing experience at Underhill.

I went to the return at Maine Road too and although Barnet lost (3 - 1) scoring a goal and holding our own against Premier League opponents made the trip more than worthwhile - so thanks !
    Cheers; that makes me feel so much better about those defeats!

Shame about Kun being ruled out of tomorrow night's game, though they're hopeful he'll be back for the West Ham game on saturday evening. Good news that Merlin and Sterling are available for tomorrow though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Juventus are not in good form atm, it's a really good time to be playing them. Also glad Tevez will not be lining out against us.

Hoping Bony can get off the mark. His hold up play is as good as anyone and way better than Dzekos which used to frustrate the life out me.
    Unfortunate that Iheanacho couldn't make the CL squad though I believe he joins the B-list if we make it out the group stage.

Read Fernandinho has a problem too - we are really short there with Fernando and Delph out. Fingers crossed he is ok.

TheNap wrote: »
    Otamendi will come in for Mangala i reckon

Why :confused:... No chance Pelli will mess with a defence that has conceded Zero goals in 5 games, unless Mangala is injured.

Hoping Bony can get off the mark. His hold up play is as good as anyone and way better than Dzekos which used to frustrate the life out me.
    Unfortunate that Iheanacho couldn't make the CL squad though I believe he joins the B-list if we make it out the group stage.

Read Fernandinho has a problem too - we are really short there with Fernando and Delph out. Fingers crossed he is ok.
    Agree about Edin. I'll always be grateful for his contribution to our title winning seasons; the second one in particular, when he really stepped up to the plate in the run in when Kun was injured. But yeah; he could be VERY frustrating. There were times when he trapped the ball further than I can kick it!

I assume the team more or less pick itself for tomorrow?

Hart, Sagna, Kompany, Mangala, Kolarov, Toure, Fernandino, Sterling, Silva, Navas, Bony.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

I assume the team more or less pick itself for tomorrow?

Hart, Sagna, Kompany, Mangala, Kolarov, Toure, Fernandino, Sterling, Silva, Navas, Bony.

Is KDB registered? I would have him or Nasri over Navas anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement