Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 Mod warning post # 1403

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Is KDB registered? I would have him or Nasri over Navas anyway.
    Yep; I'm pretty sure Kev is eligible. I'd go with "golfer"; De Bruyne in for Navas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Are we on tv tonight ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

TheNap wrote: »
    Are we on tv tonight ?

Setanta Ireland and BT Sport Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Joe Exotic

Whats everyone's preferred line out seeing as Kun is out
    Prob something like this i would say
    Pretty much what we have played all season

might be too attacking though leaving fullbacks exposed

Hart

Sagna Kompany Mangala Kolorov

Toure Fernandhinio

Sterling
    Silva
    De bruyne
    Bony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

murphk wrote: »
    Whats everyone's preferred line out seeing as Kun is out
    Prob something like this i would say
    Pretty much what we have played all season

might be too attacking though leaving fullbacks exposed

Hart

Sagna Kompany Mangala Kolorov

Toure Fernandhinio

Sterling
    Silva
    De bruyne
    Bony

That team would be fine by me. Hope Bony has a decent game, big boots to fill.

• Advertisement

TheNap wrote: »
    Are we on tv tonight ?
    It's a pity TV3 chose to appease the masses, rather than go with the patently more promising game at the Etihad.

https://twitter.com/MCFC/status/643839343963078656

Not too bad a line up. Good to see Merlin and Sterling fit and ready to go. And Kun and Kev on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Sick depth to the squad there

Well done to the U19s on beating Juve 4-1 in their version of the CL, the UEFA Youth League. I'll take a 1-0 for the first team right now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

Hoping Sterling starts on the left and not as a striker in a 442.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Anyone got a good recipe?

so slow - Nasri the most disappointing of them all imo - kdb for him may help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

How can Man city be fixed in Europe?

How can Man city be fixed in Europe?
    Not sure we can at this stage. This is our fifth year in the competition, and we don't seem to be learning how to "do" the CL. The first season or two could be explained away with the "we're not used to the competition" guff. Not any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

I blame bony. He had a shocking performance.

I blame bony. He had a shocking performance.
    Never thought he was the standard we required. Strange buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

blueser wrote: »
    Never thought he was the standard we required. Strange buy.

He gets goals ans proven in the premier league

Think Pel got it all wrong ,way to slow bar the first minute.Juve deserved the win.

Bony wasn't good but didn't think he was the worst.

He gets goals ans proven in the premier league

Think Pel got it all wrong ,way to slow bar the first minute.Juve deserved the win.
    Since he's been with us, and when he's not been injured, he's done very little.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Games like tonight ye'll miss Dzeko

• Advertisement

Since he's been with us, and when he's not been injured, he's done very little.

Got him in Januaray and he was at the ACON and was always going to be second string,hes done nothing of note true but he needs more time.
    That said he was poor enough tonight ,the team looked flat and now we are prob going to get second in this group.How are we expected to beat barca etc with a performance like that at HOME no less.
    The team is clearly better that what was on display tonight even without Aguero and Pel needs to get it right.

Anyway one game down and hopefully we can bounce back.

I really hope this defeat does NOT affect our league momentum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

I really hope this defeat does affect our league momentum.

Boring winning all the time or typo?

Boring winning all the time or typo?
    I'd like to think it's a typo!

How silly of me, I forgot the 'NOT'
    Was using the phone. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Juventus had two shots and scored, fair play to them. Bony and Sterling had three good chances each and messed up. I would have Iheanacho ahead of Bony atm. I have high hopes for Iheanacho but Bony has been poor since he signed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

God I abhor the champions league, all it brings is deflation until City are eventually knocked out. Can count on two fingers the matches I have actually enjoyed over the past 5 years.

Sterling should have put that game to bed, if he sorts his finishing out he could really be a world beater.

Bony's lacking in confidence clearly but its just a symptom of not getting a consistent run of games.

Taught a lesson again last night, you can claim Juve only had two chances but Pogba's goal should have stood and Kompanys arguably should have been ruled out. To be one up after 70 minutes at home against our biggest rival in the group, and to lose shows how naive City are. 2nd place and a 2nd round exit again I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Joe Exotic

Pogba's goal should have stood

Nope offside according to the new offside rules

murphk wrote: »
    Nope offside according to the new offside rules

Exactly - and it looks like a good rule change as Hart was clearly distracted by the offside player in the middle, just as the Bournemouth keeper was is the wrongly awarded Benteke goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

God I abhor the champions league, all it brings is deflation until City are eventually knocked out. Can count on two fingers the matches I have actually enjoyed over the past 5 years.

Sterling should have put that game to bed, if he sorts his finishing out he could really be a world beater.

Bony's lacking in confidence clearly but its just a symptom of not getting a consistent run of games.

Taught a lesson again last night, you can claim Juve only had two chances but Pogba's goal should have stood and Kompanys arguably should have been ruled out. To be one up after 70 minutes at home against our biggest rival in the group, and to lose shows how naive City are. 2nd place and a 2nd round exit again I reckon.

Cant argue with any of that....i also think the fact we are on BT now means i hate the cl even more, although i didnt think that was possible!

It is the group stages I don't like in both the Champs and Europa league. These mini leagues are not a format most fans would choose. The knock out stage is where the fun begins.

rwbug wrote: »
    It is the group stages I don't like in both the Champs and Europa league. These mini leagues are not a format most fans would choose. The knock out stage is where the fun begins.
    It's a money making racket now, pure and simple. Remember the good old days when only the champions of each country qualified for the competition the following season? You had a higher standard of competition throughout the whole season. Now, it only really gets interesting when the knockout phase is reached, around mid february.

Any info on kompany?

Never mind
    http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/34268079

At least some good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭suffering golfer

Disappointing to lose, but no shame really as Juvenus are the top seeded team and it was always a matter of beating the other two teams in order to qualify.

Looking forward to Saturday, should be a good game but tough as West Ham are no slouches on the road in terms of results but will most likely park the bus while trying to nick one on the break. Hopefully KDB will start and we can get a proper look at him.

I reckon the team will be as follows...

Hart

Sagna-Otamendi-Mangala-Kolarov

Fernandino-- Toure
    KDB
    Silva
    Sterling

Aguero

I must admit, the 2 most improved players this season so far, have been the 2 full backs, kolarov and sagna, their work rate has increased so much, both defencing and attacking.

• Advertisement

I must admit, the 2 most improved players this season so far, have been the 2 full backs, kolarov and sagna, their work rate has increased so much, both defencing and attacking.
    The difference in Sagna is staggering. To such a degree that dropping him for Zabba (my favourite squad member) when he's available cannot be justified, in my opinion. Perhaps they should all get their hair cut! As for Alex, he was always pretty decent when bombing forward, and was good for a set piece goal or two per season. But now he's actually defending properly as well. Amazing! My player of the season so far; Fernandinho. The guy works his wotsits off, plus he's chipped in with a couple of cracking goals as well.

Christ; Merlin injured in the warm up. What the hell is going on with all these injuries we seem to get every season?

As for Alex, he was always pretty decent when bombing forward, and was good for a set piece goal or two per season. But now he's actually defending properly as well.

You spoke too soon, back to being a defensive liability again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Kevin's off the mark already. Where's that post saying he'd be the worst signing in PL history..

• Advertisement

De Bruyne extremely dangerous and probably our best player that half. Aguero having a stinker except for setting up KDB for his goal. Sterling and Kolarov very poor too.

You spoke too soon, back to being a defensive liability again
    Yep. The whole defence is looking very wobbly, similar to the shoddiness displayed at times last season. Is Vinnie's absence having that much of a detrimental effect on the team? Man of the (half) match for us so far has to be Kev. Nobody else is playing up to par.

KDB looks like he will rack up a huge amount of assists, his crossing is way better than anyone else we have, he sees a pass and he is a goal threat. Early days but looks like he will be a great signing.

Worst I have seen Aguero play, if he isn't fit drop him - or at least sub him off when it is obvious he is not at it. Navas frustrating with wasted crosses but at least he is a threat. We didn't play too bad and deserved three points but still disappointing.

Worst I have seen Aguero play, if he isn't fit drop him - or at least sub him off when it is obvious he is not at it. Navas frustrating with wasted crosses but at least he is a threat. We didn't play too bad and deserved three points but still disappointing.

I dont think Aguero was that bad he was unlucky and west ham defended well and scored the chances they had.City underestimated west ham and that cost us thenfirst half.
    If we played the first half as we played the second city would have won.
    Yaya had some lovely touches and passes.
    Think it was obivious that silva was missing.
    Injurys are racking up now .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

I'm not too disappointed, it was just one of those days. On another day we could have scored five or six.

We were shocking in that first half, and deserved to be behind. Not convinced the ball was out for the corner which led to the second goal, but that doesn't excuse the Keystone Cops style defending. Second half we battered them, but Reid got in the way of everything we threw at them. The timewasting left a sour taste in my mouth, but hey ho. I suppose you can't blame them for that. 4 minutes added time was ridiculous though; Jenkinson was on his arse for that long during the game by himself, never mind the subs taking forever to complete and the 'keeper taking an eternity over goal kicks. Anyway, we move on. White Hart Lane next saturday, after the COC game at Sunderland in midweek. We're normally good for 4 or 5 goals at Spurs, so hopefully we'll get back on track

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Have to say, Pellegrini after the game was a class act. His and Bilic' interviews are a breath of fresh air between all the usual dross.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Just looking at the City squad today and I had forgotten how light you guys are up front. You've only got Bony as back up when Aguero does pick up his usual knocks and a very young inexperienced lad in Iheanacho. Why did you let go off Dzeko and Jovetic ? Very risky move by Pellegrini.

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Have to say, Pellegrini after the game was a class act. His and Bilic' interviews are a breath of fresh air between all the usual dross.
    Haven't seen the interviews you're talking about (the TV was turned off at the final whistle!). It's very very seldom that Pellers will come across as a smacked arse after a defeat, unlike certain other managers I could name. There was one interview after one of our regular CL defeats when he had a pop at the referee, and he's had a couple of run ins with Pardew, when he was called an an "old c--t". But then Pardew comes across as a bit volatile anyway. Pellegrini generally conducts himself very well post match. And Bilic comes across as a sound bloke as well.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement