Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 Mod warning post # 1403

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Bret Hart wrote: »
    Just looking at the City squad today and I had forgotten how light you guys are up front. You've only got Bony as back up when Aguero does pick up his usual knocks and a very young inexperienced lad in Iheanacho. Why did you let go off Dzeko and Jovetic ? Very risky move by Pellegrini.

Neither were happy being subs and neither were good enough to fill Aguero's boots when necessary. Freeing up funds for Sterling and KDB was kinda worth it IMO. Iheanacho shows a lot of potential, I hope we see him a lot more. Bony is looking like a poor enough signing right now, but I suppose at 26 you can't write off a sudden big improvement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

Cup game versus Sunderland is on USA Bein Sports and Sport TV4 in Portugal - if you have access to them.

Holistic - would like to see some of the youngsters who have been filling the bench get some game time. Would like to see Maffeo start and give Sagna a rest, Iheanacho also deserves a start. Roberts and Manu Garcia could be get minutes too

My Guess - Caballero, Mafeo, MDM, Otamendi, Kolarov, Fernando, Yaya, KDB, Navas, Nacho, Bony

sigh Pellers

Caballero, Sagna, Otamendi, Demichelis, Kolarov, Fernando, Toure, Navas, De Bruyne, Sterling, Aguero.

Bench - Wright, Maffeo, Fernandinho, Evans, Roberts, M Garcia, Barker

Guess Iheanacho must be injured

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭suffering golfer

rwbug wrote: »
    sigh Pellers

Caballero, Sagna, Otamendi, Demichelis, Kolarov, Fernando, Toure, Navas, De Bruyne, Sterling, Aguero.

Surprised by Toure... would have thought he would be rested. Aguero need game time to get back his fitness/confidence and the attacking line up need game time to gell properly, so happy enough with that I guess.

Bench - Wright, Maffeo, Fernandinho, Evans, Roberts, M Garcia, Barker - at least plenty of youngsters there

Guess Iheanacho must be injured.

edit - Wright on the bench is a joke too, surely Gunn would be better and have been a useful experience for him, and lets be honest - it would be panic stations if Wright had to come on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

I hope Kun gets taken off nice and early anyway, don't want to see him crocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

I hope Kun gets taken off nice and early anyway, don't want to see him crocked.

We don't have anyone who can replace him, we are down to just him and possibly sterling as our only fit strikers :(

Penalty!
    Goal - Aguero

• Advertisement

POKERKING wrote: »
    We don't have anyone who can replace him, we are down to just him and possibly sterling as our only fit strikers :(

Then play Roberts up there for last 30. Too much to risk him imo.

Aguero goal! Get in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Then play Roberts up there for last 30. Too much to risk him imo.

Aguero goal! Get in.

He should have slotted the chance before that.Hopefully he gets one more and then he can be taken off

Otamandi playing like a nervous Mangala.

Otamandi playing like a nervous Mangala.

His last tackle was superb

He has made a couple of very good tackles and headed clearances. His passing looks very good too. Just the Borini moment and that pass were poor.

I think he will looks very good overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

That kit is, er, vivid. "We're Man City, we glow in the dark". Chant of the season so far!

• Advertisement

KDB!!!!!!

KDB, great stuff. Sterlings pace on the break is something we lacked last season.

Lovely goal,sunderland getting chances aswell one more andnwe are home

KDB is such a wonderful player - we are going to have lots of enjoyment from him. 54m looking a bargain.

Cracking strike by Kev.

• Advertisement

3-0 !!!!!!!!

Sterling!!!!!!!!!! 4-0

Sterling! Think we can take Kun off now.

4-0home and dry! Lewadownski tearing it up for bayern.

Right Pellers. Get some of the EDS lads on now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

£10 for me into the match tonight,

Tell you what, has been a bargain to see KDB . Running the show, his vision is on another level.

How Aguero?!

wtf Aguero

wtf Aguero
    He's horribly out of touch at the moment. Hopefully, he'll get back to his best form.

So easy routine win for us. I would expect Spurs to put up more of a fight than that.

Having said that Spurs haven't exactly been on fire this season. I would expect City to beat them.

• Advertisement

The years should have taught you more - expecting City to win means certain defeat :)

Nice for Roberts and Garcia to get a runout, they look tidy, skillful players though tiny. Would have preferred Maffeo to come on instead of Evans as he may needed at some point if Sagna picks up a knock.

The years should have taught you more - expecting City to win means certain defeat :)

Nice for Roberts and Garcia to get a runout, they look tidy, skillful players though tiny. Would have preferred Maffeo to come on instead of Evans as he may needed at some point if Sagna picks up a knock.

Didn't have any expectation that we would beat Juvenus or West Ham.

Juvenus is Juvenus, a powerhouse!

As for West Ham, we knew from their previous games that they were in dangerous form. It was disappointing to lose to them though as we had more than enough chances to beat them.

http://bcove.me/irxmwcxr

Well done to George. He's achieved something even the greats like Bell, Lee and Summerbee didn't manage.

Pellers - “I think it is also important for our team because we had eight players injured for this game that we cannot use: Silva, Nasri, Delph, Zabaleta, Kompany, Mangala, Bony and Kelechi."

We have had injuries to other players as well earlier in the season - it makes our start all the more remarkable with the disruption we have had, I guess a testament to our strength in depth. Lets hope we start getting players back and push on.

Looks like Ntcham is doing well at Genoa -

Manager - “Ntcham is an unbelievable player. He’s a surprise for me – Olivier is only 19, but plays like a leader. He will become a top player.”

Chairman - “I’ve been in the world of football 26 years and I’ve never seen a similar player at his age. He has an unlimited potential, and is really a fantastic talent.”

If I remember correctly we signed him on a five year contract then sent him on loan to Genoa for two years. I think they have an option to buy him, but we also have a buy back clause.

Who do you guys want in the next round? I'd like Ipswich!
    ;)

Palace at home then. It'll do, but United would have been nice!

Yeah - wanted United

Yeah - wanted United
    Pellers (aka "old c**t") vs Pardew, round 3!

• Advertisement

lot of injuries: Silva, Mangala, Clichy, Bony, Iheanacho and Delph are all out

At this rate we could name a strong team with just the injuries alone :rolleyes:

So who to start against Spurs?

Hart

Segna-Kompay-Otamendi-Kolorav

Fernandinho-- Toure

Navas
    KDB
    Sterling

Aguero

Would prefer to start Nasri over Navas, but think he will be on the bench.

lot of injuries: Silva, Mangala, Clichy, Bony, Iheanacho and Delph are all out

At this rate we could name a strong team with just the injuries alone :rolleyes:

So who to start against Spurs?

Hart

Segna-Kompay-Otamendi-Kolorav

Fernandinho-- Toure

Navis----KDB----Sterling

Aguero

Would prefer to start Nasri but think he will be on the bench.

Navas and sterling had alot of pace to the wings fern and toure rolid solid .Thats the line up id like to see.

Wheels are firmly off the city train.

Brutal stuff. Need Kompany and Hart back asap. Kun's form is very worrying too. Navas awful.

Didnt watch the game but thats a brutal result espically getting the first goal.Im not worried about kun he will come good theres no question there.Whats wrong with Hart?

Didnt watch the game but thats a brutal result espically getting the first goal.Im not worried about kun he will come good theres no question there.Whats wrong with Hart?

Picked up an injury but trained yesterday. Should be back soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

Cabarello is awful, I mean AWFUL.

Silva, Kompany, Toure, Bony, Kelechi, Hart, Clichy, Zabaleta, Mangala, Delph; all injured to one degree or another. What the fcuk is going on at the club?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Masala

Worried that Navas becoming a one-trick pony.. He so predicable... A 10 yr old could track him back.

And Sterling seems to out of his depth at the moment... And lacking confidence.

Sterling always looks like one touch from something class in front of goal.Navas crossing is shocking,he cant cross a road.The injurys are really adding up but that team today should have beat spurs.
    I seen the after game interview with Pellers he said there was 2 blanant offside goals ,when your luck like that not in rarely going to win.

The equaliser and Kanes goal were so obviously offside, equaliser off by miles and Kanes was so clear - teams lined up on 18 yard line and Kane all on his own inside the box as the free kick was taken. Two shocking decisions. That said, Spurs played well second half and we defended poorly. We could have been out of sight in the first half but the way Spurs came back into it in the second half I think they deserved the win and whatever luck they got.

I have never been a fan of Kolarov and he has shown why in the last three games. MDM was poor and Sterling was so careless on the ball. Thought Fernando was our best player - which in its own way is kinda scary.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement