Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 Mod warning post # 1403

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

rwbug wrote: »
    I would keep Sterling on the left versus United. Remember their right back options are Valencia who is a pretty poor right back and Darmian who is even worse.

One poor showing against Arsenal doesn't make Darmian a poor player, he has been solid all season otherwise (from an Arsenal fan)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

domrush wrote: »
    One poor showing against Arsenal doesn't make Darmian a poor player, he has been solid all season otherwise (from an Arsenal fan)

Louis van Gaal reveals why he substituted Matteo Darmian against Southampton

Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has revealed why he substituted Matteo Darmian at half-time against Southampton on Sunday afternoon.

The Italian right-back was hauled off, according to Van Gaal, because he couldn’t cope with Saints winger Dusan Tadic.

Damian was replaced by Antonio Valencia at the break, and Van Gaal was pleased with the way the latter managed to contain Tadic in the second half.

Speaking about Darmian, Van Gaal was quoted by the Manchester Evening News as saying: "He gave too much space to Tadic in my opinion, so that's why I brought on Valencia.

“I didn't see Tadic in the second half, did you? It was a tactical change because Tadic had a lot of space and was very dangerous for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Louis van Gaal reveals why he substituted Matteo Darmian against Southampton

Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has revealed why he substituted Matteo Darmian at half-time against Southampton on Sunday afternoon.

The Italian right-back was hauled off, according to Van Gaal, because he couldn’t cope with Saints winger Dusan Tadic.

Damian was replaced by Antonio Valencia at the break, and Van Gaal was pleased with the way the latter managed to contain Tadic in the second half.

Speaking about Darmian, Van Gaal was quoted by the Manchester Evening News as saying: "He gave too much space to Tadic in my opinion, so that's why I brought on Valencia.

“I didn't see Tadic in the second half, did you? It was a tactical change because Tadic had a lot of space and was very dangerous for us.

Dariman defently been decent not as good as shaw was but he's defently not the weak link in that defence. Trying to shoe horn blind and rojo in is going to come back and bite LVG in the ass prime example thr arsenal game.

Sterling is a problem for most defences with his pace he's a nightmare to mark and lucky to have h making space and runs for us.

Looking on red cafe there is an ongoing argument as to whether or not he is crap, I guess it is still too early to know for sure. Anyway, enough on that shower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

I would keep Sterling on the left versus United. Remember their right back options are Valencia who is a pretty poor right back and Darmian who is even worse.

Come the end of the season, their will be a three way battle for best RB Darmian will be one, the other two are one of yours and Arsenals young buck, Darmian is top class

Silva off injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Silva off injured.
    Someone up there really doesn't like us. Just waiting for Raheem, Vinnie and Kev to get nailed now.

blueser wrote: »
    Someone up there really doesn't like us. Just waiting for Raheem, Vinnie and Kev to get nailed now.

Might aswell throw hart into the mix aswell,and isnt vinnie injured anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Bad to worse. We will be lucky to field 11 vs United at this stage.

• Advertisement

Bad to worse. We will be lucky to field 11 vs United at this stage.

We would still win

This season has been so bad for injuries, incredible really that we are top. Kolarov, Navas, Fernandinho and Sagna the only players available for every game.

Might aswell throw hart into the mix aswell,and isnt vinnie injured anyway
    The Belgian manager was talking earlier in the week that he hadn't decided whether he was going to risk Vinnie or not.

Belgium have almost qualified, four points clear with two games to go and their next match is against Andorra. They really should be taking no risks with Vinnie.

qdB8ZFg.jpg?1

Sterling rattled one home tonight,hes not lazy and hopefully that goal builds his confidence.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/SkyFootball/status/652588247663673344?lang=en

absolutely gutted over this, and now Merlin as well. F*ck international football.

https://twitter.com/SkyFootball/status/652588247663673344?lang=en

absolutely gutted over this, and now Merlin as well. F*ck international football.

Part and parcel of the game,united got there fair share last year.Silva has time to get back in the squad and kompany should be back for the unoted game.

Part and parcel of the game,united got there fair share last year.Silva has time to get back in the squad and kompany should be back for the unoted game.
    Did they lose players as vital to their side as Kun and Merlin are to ours though? At the same time? If they did, fair enough. But I don't remember it.

Did they lose players as vital to their side as Kun and Merlin are to ours though? At the same time? If they did, fair enough. But I don't remember it.

They had a massive injury list,cant remember off the top of my head but rvp was def out for a spell and if mata was out during that spell then ya.
    Anyway there's nothing we can do about injury's and complaining about it does nothing but put ya in bad form.
    Thankfully out team as cover and will get by.I think the Sevilla game is going to be a killer.

They had a massive injury list,cant remember off the top of my head but rvp was def out for a spell and if mata was out during that spell then ya.
    Anyway there's nothing we can do about injury's and complaining about it does nothing but put ya in bad form.
    Thankfully out team as cover and will get by.I think the Sevilla game is going to be a killer.
    Too late! I've been in a rotten mood since Merlin got nailed last night.
    :mad:
    As for cover; in midfield, we're not too badly sorted. Kev, Raheem, Nasri, Navas, Yaya and the two Ferns. It's upfront we're very stretched for now. Only Bony and Iheanacho (who isn't in the CL squad). Use Sterling or (at a push) Kev as makeshift strikers in an emergency maybe?

• Advertisement

Too late! I've been in a rotten mood since Merlin got nailed last night.
    As for cover; in midfield, we're not too badly sorted. Kev, Raheem, Nasri, Navas, Yaya and the two Ferns. It's upfront we're very stretched for now. Only Bony and Iheanacho (who isn't in the CL squad). Use Sterling or (at a push) Kev as makeshift strikers in an emergency maybe?

Last year was worse when,Pel had to put Milner and Silva up front,Id say if KDB get injured and no silva then we might get stuck.Navas has pace but I get so annoyed watching him.
    Bony for Swansea was good and no reason why he cant for us even Aguero took a few games to get off the mark.

Last year was worse when,Pel had to put Milner and Silva up front,Id say if KDB get injured and no silva then we might get stuck.Navas has pace but I get so annoyed watching him.
    Bony for Swansea was good and no reason why he cant for us even Aguero took a few games to get off the mark.
    I know what you're saying; really, I do. And you're making perfect sense. It's just so annoying. Kun was mediocre in the first few games this season. He suddenly clicks into gear, scores in Germany and then grabs five last weekend. Then he suffers another of his periodic muscular injuries. So damned frustrating. And then Merlin last night; a stupid, needless hack from the Luxembourg player. As bad as it would be if these injuries happened while they were playing for us, it's hard to stomach when it happens while they're on international duty.

The Belgian manager was talking earlier in the week that he hadn't decided whether he was going to risk Vinnie or not.
    Told you. Vinnie starts tonight.

Vinnie taken off on 58 mins anyone watch the game?

Didn't watch it but he wasn't injured, Wilmots said he would give him an hour. It was probably quite useful for his recovery/match fitness even if slightly worrying given the fate of Aguero/Silva.

Didn't watch it but he wasn't injured, Wilmots said he would give him an hour. It was probably quite useful for his recovery/match fitness even if slightly worrying given the fate of Aguero/Silva.

KDB with a goal aswell, a special player on our hands here I think.

KDB with a goal aswell, a special player on our hands here I think.
    He can't stop scoring at the moment. Thst could come in very useful in Kun's enforced absence.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

CuDlpxt.jpg

I've heard rumours of this recently, looks like it was true. I'd love for us to go back to the old crest, and will be voicing my opinion as such. any thoughts?

• Advertisement

At last, current badge is terrible and the three stars are embarrassing. NYCFC badge is amazing, hopefully we get something as good.

9G8DvZD.jpg?1

karma_ wrote: »
    CuDlpxt.jpg

I've heard rumours of this recently, looks like it was true. I'd love for us to go back to the old crest, and will be voicing my opinion as such. any thoughts?

Don't like the idea of going back (backwards).
    I leaning towards stick what we have or if people are not happy then design a new none and be done with it .

I agree with not going backwards and simply using the old crests, I would like a modern take on the old badge - something like this mock-up posted on Bluemoon.

RcdCwpa.jpg?1

At last, current badge is terrible and the three stars are embarrassing. NYCFC badge is amazing, hopefully we get something as good.

9G8DvZD.jpg?1
    Seriously? I think that New York badge is dreadful! Anyhow; there's lots of debate over on BlueMoon on this topic. Plenty of ideas being put forward; some good, some, er, not so good. This is one of the better ones that's been posted;

2ypag0g.jpg

I like the way the Maltese cross (remembering our original club; Saint Mark's of Gorton) has been incorporated. Just get rid of that daft latin inscription and the former players' names in the light blue ring. They make the badge too fussy for me. Sometimes less is more I'm a Cityzen member so I await this email in the morning with bated breath!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I quite like the current badge. Maybe I'm alone in that?

Kirby wrote: »
    I wouldn't say you're on your own. Safe to say you are in a minority though!
    ;)

Most of us blues of "a certain vintage" hanker after the old badge; just a pity Peter Swales sold the copyright to the owner of the souvenir shop at Maine Road back in the mid nineties. Not quite sure what's stopping us buying the rights back, mind; even if the current owner is taking the p1ss re. what he wants for the badge, it's not like we can't afford it. It seems though, that we're looking at a new badge, inspired by the old circular badge. As for the current badge, a lot of older blues don't like the eagle, the silly latin inscription and the three stars. It's not City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

City's badge is terrible, it looks like a patch a general would have on his sleeve in Serbia or something.

The NYFC badge is lovely, it's one of those ones that'll look good regardless of what type of design is in vogue at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

City's badge is terrible, it looks like a patch a general would have on his sleeve in Serbia or something.

The NYFC badge is lovely, it's one of those ones that'll look good regardless of what type of design is in vogue at the time.

3-0 today Bony Yaya and KDB score in that order.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

It's the stars, they just shouldn't be there... yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Old crest and umbro kit back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

I like it too apart from the stars. I'd say we will win narrowly enough today. 2-0 KDB and Bony.

I don't see the point in changing it,that s the badge we have now and if it does change there always going to be people who want something different.

Is the game on telly today?

Hart, Zabaleta, Otamendi, Mangala, Sagna, Fernandinho, Toure, Navas, De Bruyne, Sterling, Bony
    Subs: Caballero, Demichelis, Kompany, Fernando, Nasri, Roberts, Iheanacho

No Kolarov - is he injured too?

Good start; 2 up after 11 minutes. Good to see the likes of Raheem and Wilf stepping up in Kun's absence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,757 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Hart, Zabaleta, Otamendi, Mangala, Sagna, Fernandinho, Toure, Navas, De Bruyne, Sterling, Bony
    Subs: Caballero, Demichelis, Kompany, Fernando, Nasri, Roberts, Iheanacho

No Kolarov - is he injured too?

Yes Kolarov is injured, dropped him from my fantasy starting team as he was a major doubt.

Poor defending there; you can't stand off players like we did with Murray there.

Get in! 3-1, Raheem with his second. Good lad!

Congratulations to Raheem on his hat trick today. He seems to be benefitting from playing with a higher standard of player week in, week out.

Enjoyable half. Except for NBC half time show - a feature on Gary Neville.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement