Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 Mod warning post # 1403

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Ye city fans must just love watching the team when they're attacking. De Bruyne is a joy to watch!

loobylou wrote: »
    Its on BT3
    Don't have it, any recipes online?

As I've seen this, it's on eir sport 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Mushy wrote: »
    Ye city fans must just love watching the team when they're attacking. De Bruyne is a joy to watch!

the way the whole team works is a joy to watch

Mushy wrote: »

the way the whole team works is a joy to watch

True, the defender has been justified this year. Worth the investment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

blueser wrote: »
    .... I'll gladly take a routine, no-scares, 1-0 win right now.
    So much for that!
    :D

Best team we have played this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,114 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Ederson fairplay,what a save,Hope to see Yaya get a few minutes,I think Aguero def gets a few aswell.
    Why was Kev going nuts?

Ederson fairplay,what a save,Hope to see Yaya get a few minutes,I think Aguero def gets a few aswell.
    Why was Kev going nuts?
    Agreed about Yaya. If it's still 2-0 going into the last 20 minutes, his experience could be vital. I wouldn't have Kun anywhere near that pitch tonight though, and definitely not as things stand. No need to be rushing him back.

Why was Kev going nuts?
    Aparently Kev was unhappy with the officiating, and wanted a word with the 4th official. From what I'm reading, Dave and Dinho were trying to pull him away, and he was like; "I'm fine, I don't need you guys pulling me away".

• Advertisement

Aparently Kev was unhappy with the officiating, and wanted a word with the 4th official. From what I'm reading, Dave and Dinho were trying to pull him away, and he was like; "I'm fine, I don't need you guys pulling me away".

He didnt look happy,I heard him saying Let me talk ,suppose Silva was only looking out he didnt get the second yellow.
    15 -20 mins wont break Aguero,he needs to be getting minutes if hes fit,he would be no were near the bench if there was any issue with his ribs.Dont want to see a rusty Aguero in the league when he could shake off a few cobwebbs tonight.

From what I'm reading, we've been poor this half. Time to step it up.

Not great to be fair.

So; we CAN win ugly, after all.
    ;)

Poor by our standards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Joe Exotic

good win - only caught the last twenty mins at home (Was in the pub where typically City were on the smallest screen way in the corner) so couldnt really say how the rest went.

looked like Napoli really looked dangerous but city were just better over the 90

• Advertisement

murphk wrote: »
    good win - only caught the last twenty mins at home (Was in the pub where typically City were on the smallest screen way in the corner) so couldnt really say how the rest went.

looked like Napoli really looked dangerous but city were just better over the 90
    From what I've read, we had more than enough opportunities in the first half to have put the game to bed by half time. In the end, we were hanging on. But we took care of business. Pocket the three points and move on. One more point should see us qualify, though we ought to be looking at winning the group if we can.

From what I've read, we had more than enough opportunities in the first half to have put the game to bed by half time. In the end, we were hanging on. But we took care of business. Pocket the three points and move on. One more point should see us qualify, though we ought to be looking at winning the group if we can.

ya winning the group should def be our aim need to get that easy round of 16 match

ya winning the group should def be our aim need to get that easy round of 16 match

Bring on the top teams

We are well on our way, a win to Feyenoord and 2 draws ,or two wins and straight top .
    Feyenoord should be easy enough if I am honest and Shakatar we should run close.
    Whats our up coming fixtures for the CL.

• Advertisement

We are well on our way, a win to Feyenoord and 2 draws ,or two wins and straight top .
    Feyenoord should be easy enough if I am honest and Shakatar we should run close.
    Whats our up coming fixtures for the CL.
    Napoli away on Nov 1st, Feyenoord at home on Nov 21st, finishing with the trip to Donetsk on Dec 6th.

Napoli away on Nov 1st, Feyenoord at home on Nov 21st, finishing with the trip to Donetsk on Dec 6th.

Taking that we beat Feyenoord, and aslong as Donetsk dont win all there games we should top the group.
    Ederson was getting some praise on BT,you could see Dunne was delighted.

Taking that we beat Feyenoord, and aslong as Donetsk dont win all there games we should top the group.
    Ederson was getting some praise on BT,you could see Dunne was delighted.
    But what if Napoli beat us by two out there, then match our final two results? They'd go above us on the head to head, wouldn't they?

But what if Napoli beat us by two out there, then match our final two results? They'd go above us on the head to head, wouldn't they?

On goal difference your talking about,if they beat us by two then we are +5gd,matching our results is not good enough after

On goal difference your talking about,if they beat us by two then we are +5gd,matching our results is not good enough after
    I'm pretty certain it's head to head in the CL, not GD. If we finish level on points with Napoli (and they've beaten us by two goals out there), we'd finish behind them as we've "only" beaten them by a single goal tonight.

I'm pretty certain it's head to head in the CL, not GD. If we finish level on points with Napoli (and they've beaten us by two goals out there), we'd finish behind them as we've "only" beaten them by a single goal tonight.

Yea, you are right I checked it there on Wiki [URL="httphttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017–18_UEFA_Champions_League_group_stage#Tiebreakers"]Link[/URL]

Assuming we beat Feyenoord we would have to lose both to Napoli and Donetsk for that to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭suffering golfer

Fantastic result... little edgy but only to be expected against a good team. The return fixture will be tough, and to be honest, I can't see us doing better than a draw, which would be more than sufficient anyway.

Also seeing that KDB agent is looking for a improved contract for KDB on similar terms to Neymar. The great thing is that he is only 2 years in on a 6 year contract so club can take their time with negotations and not be held to ransom. Not that KDB doesn't deserve a new improved contract, I just doubt it will be anywhere near Neymar levels.

Yea, you are right I checked it there on Wiki [URL="httphttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017–18_UEFA_Champions_League_group_stage#Tiebreakers"]Link[/URL]

Assuming we beat Feyenoord we would have to lose both to Napoli and Donetsk for that to happen.
    I'm not as thick as I look!

• Advertisement

United 2 nil down could be a great day.

To those claiming Bernie dived....

DMq0m9eW4AEl4LT.jpg

Definite contact. Goalie's right knee with Bernie's right ankle.

GET IN!

3-0 now; Leroy. Never in doubt!

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭bluemooner

Plenty of chances wasted and a few iffy performances.
    But still managed to win with a very convincing scoreline.

I love this team!

Great day ,5 points clear at the top ,well deserved to be there aswell.I expect Jesus and Aguero upfront for West Brom game,so there back be back to there best for Arsenal.

I had to endure the pool v utd and the second half of the Huddersfield match today

Utd will not challenge us this season

I had to endure the pool v utd and the second half of the Huddersfield match today

Utd will not challenge us this season
    Didn't see the game today, so I can't comment on that. But The game at Anfield last weekend was not a great advert for the beautiful game. But our quiet neighbours will argue (with some justification) that their brand of football is winning them trophies. Which it has. I just would like a team I was watching to try to play with a bit more adventure. They have the players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭Shaungoater

Good to see the invincibles dropping points today. Another good performance today, some tough games coming up. Be interested to see who he plays in league Cup.

• Advertisement

Good to see the invincibles dropping points today. Another good performance today, some tough games coming up. Be interested to see who he plays in league Cup.
    Sounds like Kun and Jesus may well be in on tuesday. And you'll probably see the likes of Mangala, Adarabioyo, Danilo, Bravo, Gundogan, Yaya, Zinchenko and Diaz in contention for places. Foden is away on international duty in India with the England U17s, otherwise he'd have been nailed on for a place. Most of what you would call the "A team" won't be playing.

https://twitter.com/YourMCFC/status/922792658308943872

Could be major traffic issues tonight around the stadium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭Masala

Is City - Wolves on the telly tonight???

Masala wrote: »
    Is City - Wolves on the telly tonight???
    Not in the UK, no. Take a wild guess who Sky are showing.
    :rolleyes:

A dodgy stream might be your best bet. Not much use to me though, given what passes for broadband down here.

Not in the UK, no. Take a wild guess who Sky are showing.
    :rolleyes:

A dodgy stream might be your best bet. Not much use to me though, given what passes for broadband down here.

Where in Mayo ya based,im 16 miles outside belmullet and only have 3 prepay ,from my phone and used as a hotspot , streaming is fine for me

Where in Mayo ya based,im 16 miles outside belmullet and only have 3 prepay ,from my phone and used as a hotspot , streaming is fine for me
    A few miles outside Charlestown. I'm on vodafone home broadband.

• Advertisement

A few miles outside Charlestown. I'm on vodafone home broadband.

Vodafone should be fine,did you try 3,they have all ya can eat data for 20 euro a month,and then can use the 20 credit on the play store or Netflix subscription or buy Playstation or XBox value cards and add them to your console to buy games or what ever.

Vodafone should be fine,did you try 3,they have all ya can eat data for 20 euro a month,and then can use the 20 credit on the play store or Netflix subscription or buy Playstation or XBox value cards and add them to your console to buy games or what ever.
    3 are worse than useless for data around here. Vf are great for 4G around here, but I'm on a 5GB limit on my plan, and using the phone as a hotspot would chew up data. Not to worry; I'm sort of used to following them on various forums/apps/websites.

Two great saves by bravo tonight - kept us in it

bravo just saved 3rd one on one of the night this one in extra time

Bravo Two Saves in the Shoot out MOTM for me

Aguero Breaks record with Peno in Shoot out - does that count ?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement