Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 Mod warning post # 1403

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Any update on Aguero?

Nothing offical,I was reading that he never fainted ,just was a little dizzy,wait for Pep presser is the only thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Nothing offical,I was reading that he never fainted ,just was a little dizzy,wait for Pep presser is the only thing.
    I read the same thing. No point taking chances with him at Leicester. Play Gabby upfront, with Leroy wide left and Kev wide right. Merlin and Raz in midfield, with Dinho sat in front of the back 4. Remains to be seen who we bring in for the suspended Ota. Mangala, I guess. Unless Pep is prepared to go with Tosin. This is where Vinnie's absence is a big blow for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭suffering golfer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭suffering golfer

Know it is unlikely but hope arsenal wins as a spurs win won't be good for us.

Having said that, it will be a tough game for us, hopefully the international break didn't disrupt us too badly.

Kel comes on and scores the winner against us please no.

Tough game, 2 nice goals Kevs was spectacular.

Tough game, 2 nice goals Kevs was spectacular.
    I was worried about today's game, to be honest. Leicester press high and hard, plus the fact that Vardy and Mahrez have the sort of pace which could have worried us. But it's going pretty well so far. Thanks to what laughingly passes for broadband down here, streams are about as useful as a chocolate sparkguard, therefore I haven't seen the Kompany incident. Was it a red card?

blueser wrote: »
    I was worried about today's game, to be honest. Leicester press high and hard, plus the fact that Vardy and Mahrez have the sort of pace which could have worried us. But it's going pretty well so far. Thanks to what laughingly passes for broadband down here, streams are about as useful as a chocolate sparkguard, therefore I haven't seen the Kompany incident. Was it a red card?

I thought my self it was a red card, Vardy was away and Kompany nailed him.

happy to see a solid outing for Mangala too, apart from that one bad pass

• Advertisement

I thought my self it was a red card, Vardy was away and Kompany nailed him.

Just seen it on the Sky app. If we're talking about a potential 1 on 1 situation, Stones was pretty close to the incident. But if we're talking about the actual contact, it wasn't pretty. Vinnie can count himself lucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭POKERKING

I dont think it was a sending off at all the cover was there.

Great result and controlled performance. I had a bad feelimg about it pre game so delighted to get win.

This day 6 years ago we were also 8 pts clear so a long long way to go. I expect utd to win every game to the derby so we need to make sure we do too and then beat them in the derby.

POKERKING wrote: »
    I dont think it was a sending off at all the cover was there.

Great result and controlled performance. I had a bad feelimg about it pre game so delighted to get win.

This day 6 years ago we were also 8 pts clear so a long long way to go. I expect utd to win every game to the derby so we need to make sure we do too and then beat them in the derby.
    They've got trips to Watford and the Emirates after they play Brighton at OT next weekend, haven't they? Can't see them getting maximum points from those two away games, though I suppose it depends on which Arsenal turns up. We've got a trip to Huddersfield next sunday followed by home games against Southampton the following midweek and West Ham two weeks today. If we can go into the derby in the same position as we are now, I'd be happy.

Yet again, we're being blanked by Irish broadcasters tonight. I understand that the popular teams over here are Celtic, Liverpool and utd. But the broadcasters need to realise that not everyone in Ireland is a fan of these teams. And that they should be trying to reach all sectors of society, not just the popular view.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Yet again, we're being blanked by Irish broadcasters tonight. I understand that the popular teams over here are Celtic, Liverpool and utd. But the broadcasters need to realise that not everyone in Ireland is a fan of these teams. And that they should be trying to reach all sectors of society, not just the popular view.

In fairness we have already topped the group. Liverpool game far more appealing for the neutral.

In fairness we have already topped the group. Liverpool game far more appealing for the neutral.
    If that is the case, and your point has some merit, why was the Celtic/Gladbach game shown on the night we played Barca last season? Which of those two games would have been of more appeal to the neutral? By the way, we haven't actually won the group yet. Even a win tonight is not enough to win the group if Shaktar beat Napoli.

• Advertisement

Shoud be a straight forward win toinght,cant see nothing else.Sterling for a goal.

Shoud be a straight forward win toinght,cant see nothing else.Sterling for a goal.
    I would have liked to see Brahim and Phil getting the start tonight. Not sure why Kev and Raheem are in the starting XI tonight. I can understand Kun playing, seeing as he was on the bench at Leicester.

I would have liked to see Brahim and Phil getting the start tonight. Not sure why Kev and Raheem are in the starting XI tonight. I can understand Kun playing, seeing as he was on the bench at Leicester.

Get the points on board early and then bring them on,like to see what Foden can do allright.Looks to be a talent .

Get in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

We made very hard work of that

• Advertisement

We made very hard work of that
    Yep. But we got there in the end. Send the stiffs out in the last game now. Raz is on fire this season.

Not fully there tonight for what ever reason,nice by Sterling in the end,Ederson is a bit wild.

Yep. But we got there in the end. Send the stiffs out in the last game now. Raz is on fire this season.

Yep all nicely rested for the derby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Napoli can still qualify too, right? If we beat Shahktar and they beat Feyenoord?

loobylou wrote: »
    Napoli can still qualify too, right? If we beat Shahktar and they beat Feyenoord?

Hopefully they will great team to watch

Hopefully they will great team to watch
    Love too see them draw united in next round.:D:D

This derby can't come soon enough such a poor poor team

This derby can't come soon enough such a poor poor team
    You're being somewhat harsh there. We're top of the PL and topped our CL group. So we can't be THAT poor, surely?

;)

Excellent result for us in Basel tonight. Ignoring the obvious pleasure one would take from utd losing, this means they haven't yet qualified and will have to put in a bit of effort in their last group game (against CSKA), which is a few days before the derby. On the other hand, we can send over the stiffs to Donetsk after securing top spot in the group last night.

Excellent result for us in Basel tonight. Ignoring the obvious pleasure one would take from utd losing, this means they haven't yet qualified and will have to put in an effort in their last group game (against CSKA), which is a few days before the derby. On the other hand, we can send over the stiffs to Donetsk after securing top spot in the group last night.

I watched them tonight

our front six bearing down on that back four it should be over at half time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I watched them tonight

our front six bearing down on that back four it should be over at half time

Difference is you have no Stones and they will bring the armoured bus.

Turtwig wrote: »
    Difference is you have no Stones and they will bring the armoured bus.
    His absence is the one obvious fly in the ointment. Ota has been very good this season playing alongside the "Barnsley Beckenbauer", and we all know how good Vinnie can be when he's 100% fit. But if either of those get injured, we're down to the Mangler. Which wouldn't inspire confidence.

https://twitter.com/ManCityAcademy/status/934405781755191296

Well done to the young lads for swatting aside utd. Nice to see Uwe's lad getting on the scoresheet. Hopefully the youngsters have put down a marker that the senior side can follow in a few weeks.

And Sterling goal should put us safe from regulation.

https://twitter.com/ManCity/status/934844014507036672

And now we're winning ugly, something we wouldn't have done last season.

Did Huddersfield actually have a shot on target in that game? Lots of toil and sweat from them, but not that much of as threat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Disgusts me to say it, but ye are setting a very high bar this season. Credit where it's due

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

That game felt so much like ..last season.

loobylou wrote: »
    That game felt so much like ..last season.
    We wouldn't have won that last season.

https://twitter.com/Sammy_Goal/status/934857151641767937

Good to see Pep's English is progressing nicely!

• Advertisement

Super Raz to save the day again,the team didnt look great to be fair but got the W and thats all that matters.

Can I just say.....

40 points; we're safe for another season!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

Yep, some worrying signs but a nice cushion built up. West Ham win and United draw at the weekend and we'll have a double digit cushion going to OT, win or draw there and its almost game over

https://twitter.com/benmendy23/status/935994437364219911

PMSL at Benji hobbling up the touchline after Raheem!

Eight again

Their poor hearts are broken

• Advertisement

Eight again

Their poor hearts are broken
    Have you seen some of the posts in the "general PL thread"? Wow. And we're supposed to be the bitter ones.

West Ham could be in for a world of pain on Saturday,That video of Mendy is Epic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭Masala

Strange to see Pep scolding Redmond. Thought Southampton manager would have reacted to it by now. Don't think Pep would appreciate Mourinho barking in Sterlings face.

West Ham could be in for a world of pain on Saturday,That video of Mendy is Epic!
    They could be in for even more pain on sunday!

https://twitter.com/ManCity/status/936233540504686594

Excellent news. We're blessed to have him.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement