Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 Mod warning post # 1403

1193194195196197199»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Should have been an hammering great win rafa not easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Sergio was very wasteful tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Too wasteful with a few opportunities that came our way tonight. We should have been showered and back on the bus by HT. But; a win is a win. We've now equalled Chelsea's record of consecutive away wins (11) in the English top flight. We also set a new club record tonight. We're unbeaten in our last 20 meetings with Newcastle (the previous best was 19 vs Barnsley). And we bagged our 200th goal in Pep's reign at the club tonight (85 games).

I think Everton will beat united so it could be 18 in a few days time

I think Everton will beat united so it could be 18 in a few days time
    That'll be a draw.

• Advertisement

blueser wrote: »
    Too wasteful with a few opportunities that came our way tonight. We should have been showered and back on the bus by HT. But; a win is a win. We've now equalled Chelsea's record of consecutive away wins (11) in the English top flight. We also set a new club record tonight. We're unbeaten in our last 20 meetings with Newcastle (the previous best was 19 vs Barnsley). And we bagged our 200th goal in Pep's reign at the club tonight (85 games).

Rafa a great manager could have easy got a draw with us, then again we should scored 2 or 3(maybe more). Could see at the end we were wobbly. All hail Pep.

That'll be a draw.

Still a good result.

That'll be a draw.

A last minute Everton equaliser would be beautiful just for the post match interview with The Broken One

Still a good result.
    Agreed. It'd be an excellent result for us. Win our next two games and we'd be 17 points clear heading to Anfield in mid january. We could well afford to take our annual hit there.

A last minute Everton equaliser would be beautiful just for the post match interview with The Broken One

Heard the soonest we could win the title would be before the next Derby, won't happen but my god can we dream.
    Anyway back to reality any transfers happening, I dont think anything will happen?

• Advertisement

Heard the soonest we could win the title would be before the next Derby, won't happen but my god can we dream.
    Anyway back to reality any transfers happening, I dont think anything will happen?

So they would have to give us the guard of honour as champions coming out onto the pitch ?

So they would have to give us the guard of honour as champions coming out onto the pitch ?
    Heard Oasis are back together and will do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭suffering golfer

Interesting stat for blueser...

This was Pep Guardiola's 42nd Premier League victory for Manchester City but only his second 1-0 win (also 1-0 against Chelsea in September).

Definitely not boring.

Interesting stat for blueser...

This was Pep Guardiola's 42nd Premier League victory for Manchester City but only his second 1-0 win (also 1-0 against Chelsea in September).

Definitely not boring.
    Are you insinuating that I wear an anorak?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭Shaungoater

So if not vvd from Southampton then who lads? Kompany crocked god love him, delph injured I presume

Are you insinuating that I wear an anorak?

:pac:

Nah, just taking a little fun at the way you keep wanting 1-0 win before every City game.

:pac:

Nah, just taking a little fun at the way you keep wanting 1-0 win before every City game.
    Calm down. I've been called far worse than an anorak. As for wanting 1-0 wins; not really "wanting" them, if I'm being honest. More like "settling" for them. Offer me 38 1-0 wins at the beginning of august and I'd gladly take them. These 6-0's and 7-2's are all a bit meh really.

;)

So if not vvd from Southampton then who lads? Kompany crocked god love him, delph injured I presume

I trust what we have under peps tuition to see us through

the weak links we had playing and not so weak anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Job done.. It's 3 more points.. Happy days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Lads I'm a big fan of Pep and honestly yous are a joy to watch.

I find myself looking to see if City are on TV just to enjoy the football. Hope he smashes all sort of records to be honest. Enjoy it for the season because surely it can't continue on forever :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

City can lose every league game from now until February & would still be top of the table. Some stat.

gstack166 wrote: »
    City can lose every league game from now until February & would still be top of the table. Some stat.
    I would like to think that won't happen!

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Masala

I hope we wont be spending the rest of the season watching teams play afpgainst us like Newcastle. They should have points deducted for playing those tactics. I'd be asking for my money back if I was a Newcastle fan....11 mem behind the ball for 85 minutes.

Masala wrote: »
    They should have points deducted for playing those tactics.

Get a grip. How where they supposed to play?

I hope we wont be spending the rest of the season watching teams play afpgainst us like Newcastle. They should have points deducted for playing those tactics. I'd be asking for my money back if I was a Newcastle fan....11 mem behind the ball for 85 minutes.
    Behave. We're beginning to sound like fans of other clubs. Yes; we'd like opponents to go toe to toe with us. But most clubs would get a hiding off us if they tried that. Any club can only play to their strengths. We simply have to find a way to counteract whatever tactics we find ourselves up against.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

They have a top half championship squad on paper and using those tactics they very nearly nicked a draw towards the end of the game. Had they attacked they probably would have lost by 3 or 4 or worse. Even goal difference could potentially send them down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Masala

Get a grip. How where they supposed to play?

Well ...play like professionals and as if they have some confidence in what they are being paid to do.. One foot in foot of the other and move the ball forward!! Getting paid €50,000++ a week to put in a performance like that is a disgrace.

Huddersfield could do it and gave us a right scare. We all know that City has has weaknesses in defence etc...its there to be exploited.

Well ...play like professionals and as if they have some confidence in what they are being paid to do.. One foot in foot of the other and move the ball forward!! Getting paid €50,000++ a week to put in a performance like that is a disgrace.

Huddersfield could do it and gave us a right scare. We all know that City has has weaknesses in defence etc...its there to be exploited.

So 1 team ''gave you a scare'', but the outcome was the same? Other teams have tried and been annihilated.

Excellent news.

• Advertisement

Stolen from liverpool thread... only one city player on list :pac:

dNwAwgn.png

Excellent news.

Great news alright. Not sure if start the Palace game though?

Great news alright. Not sure if start the Palace game though?
    I wouldn't be rushing him back. Second half appearance against Watford, maybe. We need him refreshed, rested and fit and ready for the trip to Anfield in a few weeks' time.

Stolen from liverpool thread... only one city player on list :pac:

dNwAwgn.png
    With no Neymar on there, I'm assuming that's the most expensive players bought by PL clubs?

With no Neymar on there, I'm assuming that's the most expensive players bought by PL clubs?

I imagine so. No Bale/Ronaldo either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭Shaungoater

With teams like this, it's become more about not being embarrassed against the top teams and damage limitation. That's the directive from their managers who would rather lose by a goal than have their own reputation tar is bed by a hammering

• Advertisement

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/12/29/jose-mourinho-sounds-like-broken-record-pep-guardiola-man/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Interesting analysis of the perceptions of our and utd's squads at the start of the season. And the difference in how the two managers try to improve their players.

https://www.mbs.ac.uk/news/premier-league-club-captain-graduates-with-degree-from-alliance-manchester-business-school/?utm_campaign=news-events&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook-post&utm_content=vincent-kompany

Congratulations to Vinnie on achieving his Master's in Business Administration. Preparing for life after football. He always comes across as a well spoken guy and very thoughtful in everything he says.

I think results over the past few weeks go to show that the result at Stamford Bridge, rather than at OT, will prove to be our biggest result of the season. So far anyway. Chelsea will more than likely be our main rival from here on in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I think results over the past few weeks go to show that the result at Stamford Bridge, rather than at OT, will prove to be our biggest result of the season. So far anyway. Chelsea will more than likely be our main rival from here on in.

Wishful thinking. :pac:

Ye could lose the next 4 or 5 and still be a good 6 puts clear I reckon.

Yere going to smash all records in the process so it's about finishing top 4 for us anyway.

GavRedKing wrote: »

Yere going to smash all records in the process so it's about finishing top 4 for us anyway.
    No chickens being counted down here in darkest Mayo, I can assure you of that. If we're those 6 points clear going into the last weekend of the season, then maybe!

• Advertisement

The way United are playing that will be easy for Chelsea to get second, especially with an underperforming Hazard that I expect to blow up soon.United crossing was disgraceful, they had there chances and so had Southampton, I d nearly bet Liverpool to overtake them because there attacking force is weak. There are blessed with De Gea he's close to best player in the league.
    A win at Palace is basically 17 points ahead and that's 6 games to lose, I dont think there is anyway City throw that away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

It's a joy and a pain to watch ye sail off into the sunset anyway. :o

If I was picking a side in the top 6 to lose the title to it would be City, it just happens to coinside with ye playing fantastic football while battering the other 19 sides, it's like someone cheating on football manager.

We might catch ye in the league Cup final if we get there.

It's a joy and a pain to watch ye sail off into the sunset anyway. :o

If I was picking a side in the top 6 to lose the title to it would be City, it just happens to coinside with ye playing fantastic football while battering the other 19 sides, it's like someone cheating on football manager.

We might catch ye in the league Cup final if we get there.

Willy v Bravo in a Penalty shoot out would be interesting.

Playing like that I can't see them finishing in the top 4

Playing like that I can't see them finishing in the top 4

Mkhitaryan looked terrible some of his crosses were a disgrace. Lingard looked good but that's only started happening and Lukaku will miss games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

It's only taken 5 years but the City thread has nearly got to 10k. Have fun in the new thread here..

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=105686168

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement