Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 Mod warning post # 1403

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Champions League squad is in.

hell of a good looking squad.

folan wrote: »
    Ronaldo throws 1 strop and hes been again rumoured with city.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/270605/Man-City-to-move-for-Ronaldo/

and once again it looks "media connects world + son to City for massive fee"

http://mcfc.co.uk/News/What-the-papers-say/2012/September/WTMS-6-September

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Surprised Noel did not have Kinky in that team or would that mean nothing to our new fans:D

each to their own, but id prefer to have bell and buzzer in there too!

and Trautmann for that matter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Any streams for the match today?

• Advertisement

http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/140771/2/watch-stoke-city-vs-manchester-city.html

Javi Garcia looking good, simple passing and allows Yaya to get further forward, some nice play between Tevez and Balotelli up front

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Silva signs a new five year deal :D

Also, cannot wait for tomorrow's game. Doesn't get much better than Madrid away in the Champions League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Silva signs a new five year deal :D

Also, cannot wait for tomorrow's game. Doesn't get much better than Madrid away in the Champions League.

Especially on their current form ;)

Not happy with that bottle job BUT we scored two at the Bernabeu without playing particularly well and had Jose sliding on his knees in relief. Defence is still a worry, surprised Nastasic was given a run and Maicon looked as dodgy as I expected him to be when he signed.

No disgrace anyway and the match thread was enough to put a smile back on my face :pac:

Sundays match to be a big and tough one. The defence really needs to be updated, and Maicon needs to be left to the bench.

Arsenal are on a much better run than us at the minute, with Podolski looking great, though i still dont think their defensive play is great, i think that would be calling a kettle black at the minute! Times like these i would love a player like NDJ in the centre. saying that though, ive been impressed with Garcia and Yaya is always class. Fingers crossed for a good win here, and a clean sheet which is sorely needed!

statistic i read this morning is that in 6 games, we have conceded 11 goals. Not sure if its accurate, but it cant be far off.

• Advertisement

Sundays match to be a big and tough one. The defence really needs to be updated, and Maicon needs to be left to the bench.

Arsenal are on a much better run than us at the minute, with Podolski looking great, though i still dont think their defensive play is great, i think that would be calling a kettle black at the minute! Times like these i would love a player like NDJ in the centre. saying that though, ive been impressed with Garcia and Yaya is always class. Fingers crossed for a good win here, and a clean sheet which is sorely needed!

statistic i read this morning is that in 6 games, we have conceded 11 goals. Not sure if its accurate, but it cant be far off.

only really watched the second half, due to the all ireland being on. Have to say i thought Arsenal were unlucky not to have gotten a second. I can only really remember 3-4 attacks in the last 20 mins with any real tooth in them. the bridge from defence to forwards was just not there!

We were average, and the decision to replace Dzeko instead of Aguero was stupid imo. Dzeko was playing well while Aguero was understandably off the pace, even went down with cramp at one point.

We saw the best and worst of Yaya as well. Usual barnstorming runs and strength in midfield but he was horribly flaty footed when the corner came in for Koscielny's equaliser. Had he been on his toes and reacted quicker he could've prevented it.

Silva still looks way off the pace which is worrying.

We are not clicking yet we just have to stay in touch with the top until we do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

LINE-UPS- Manchester City v Aston Villa
    Man City: Pantilimon, Nastasic, Toure, Lescott, Milner, Barry, Kolarov, Razak, Tevez, Balotelli, Suarez. Subs: Wright, Dzeko, Sinclair, Scapuzzi, Helan, Evans.

Aston Villa: Given, Lowton, Vlaar, Clark, Bennett, Delph, El Ahmadi, N'Zogbia, Weimann, Agbonlahor, Benteke. Subs: Guzan, Bent, Albrighton, Bannan, Lichaj, Herd, Baker.

Villa match seems to be only covered by BBC Radio 5 Live extra. My first time listening to a match on the radio for many many years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

While it's great to see Suarez getting a run out, It's getting very fustrating to see Mancinis treatment of Dzeko. He's not giving him a fair whack at all despite the fact he got us some damn important goals, no starting spot tonight and he was dragged off way too early at the weekend.

Another two goals shipped at home, and that's only so far...

Looks like extra time. Disappointing really :(

With their first attack of extra time, Aston Villa take the lead. It is a rapid counter attack from the away side as City switch off at the back allowing Gabriel Agbonlahor to fire a shot on goal

We just seem to switch off after any break in play.

Just keeps getting worse and worse. Not that worried about exiting the cup, but the start we have made to this season is very worrying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

karma_ wrote: »
    Just keeps getting worse and worse. Not that worried about exiting the cup, but the start we have made to this season is very worrying.

Not for us it's not :P

Losing at home to Villa with that team isn't acceptable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Did Villa field a full strength team or 50/50?

I could look it up but wouldn't know Villa's first team if it jumped up and bit me on the arse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

based on the last few games:

Given - second choice keeper
    Lowton - first choice right back
    Vlaar - first choice centre back
    Clark - first choice centre back
    Bennett - only a new signing, but was his first start as lichaj had been first choice left back
    Delph - reserve cm
    El Ahmadi - first choice cm
    N'Zogbia - first team, but had been gradually playing himself out of contention
    Weimann - reserve striker who starts here and there
    Agbonlahor - unlikely to be a first teamer for the majority of the season
    Benteke - new signing, only his second start

Clichy really needs to cut that hair

Mark Halsey helping united again, one of the worst penalty decisions I have ever seen.

Ridiculous decision

get in! some nice play the last 10 mins

We're all over them, glad there was some reward for it. Need to push on for another early in the second half.

• Advertisement

great stuff from Dzeko!

Dzeko saves us AGAIN! Lad more than deserves more game time.

Should've been on from the fucking start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Thank you Dzeko!! Nervy times....

That's why we're champions :cool:

Well the draw keeps us alive, just. Absolutely have to get 6 points off Ajax. Don't see us getting a win away to Borussia. But maybe, Real Madrid at home (by then probably already qualified) might be our best chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

Our final game is Dortmund away. So Madrid and Dortmund will probably have taken points off each other and our game with Madrid will still be relevant.

Regardless, we have to do better, been sh1t so far this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Ye didnt deserve a point there lads but prob cancels out ronaldos late goal in madrid!
    Why was yaya toure not take off when he had a clear knock/injury? I like mancini but his head will be on the line if ye crash out early!

Calling it now - we won't get out of the group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

Calling it now - we won't get out of the group.

That's a pretty easy call.

They should have to beat Ajax twice which they should do but wouldnt be surprise if points were dropped somewhere. Then Madrid at home, lucky if we get a point id say and then it could come down to Dortmund away which I would not be confident about at all.

• Advertisement

Whatever the problem is i hope its sorted out very soon

Well it's not the end of the world, despite some of the rubbish the commentators and pundits were saying last night about a 'troubled club'. We were poor, like we have been this season thus far. Dortmund, there is so much to admire about them, I thought they were brilliant, exciting to watch, boundless energy and I love to see a team go away from home and play like that, they did deserve the win but I'm delighted we got something out of the game. I think we can still qualify but this was always going to be a tough group. Right now I want to us settle down and improve league performance.

Quick word on the Dortmund fans also, they were a credit to their club.

As for Balo, just how cool was he for that peno?

karma_ wrote: »
    Well it's not the end of the world, despite some of the rubbish the commentators and pundits were saying last night about a 'troubled club'. We were poor, like we have been this season thus far. Dortmund, there is so much to admire about them, I thought they were brilliant, exciting to watch, boundless energy and I love to see a team go away from home and play like that, they did deserve the win but I'm delighted we got something out of the game. I think we can still qualify but this was always going to be a tough group. Right now I want to us settle down and improve league performance.

Quick word on the Dortmund fans also, they were a credit to their club.

As for Balo, just how cool was he for that peno?

I dont think we are a troubled club like that idiot Dunphy thinks its just we seem very off at the moment but all that can change in one match

the sooner the better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

I dont think we are a troubled club like that idiot Dunphy thinks its just we seem very off at the moment but all that can change in one match

the sooner the better

I wouldnt worry about dunphy or any of those they are very poor in their blinkered analysis.

1-0 down, ten men, away from home and we win 2-1 in Dzeko time.

That's why we're champions :D

1788706_full-lnd.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Serious save by Hart too...great game bar the S/O for Milner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭bren_mc

TheComeUp wrote: »
    Serious save by Hart too...great game bar the S/O for Milner.

didn't get to see any of it. how did we play?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

bren_mc wrote: »
    didn't get to see any of it. how did we play?

Tbh not great which worries me but we're still frighteningly entertaining and deadly...loads of chances today...Balotelli's genius run and trickery in the 1st half stood out for me....discipline needs to improve in general though and some players need to be shaken up and down but still we played fairly good. I thought the 4 strikers all did well in their times given...Hart once again vital.

We need a big performance next week. If we get it I think it may finally kick us properly into gear for a consistent period.

Happy-ish days though

Don't think much more could really be asked of in terms of character when we went down to ten. Even at 0-0 we created a load of chances and you wouldn't have know they had a man advantage.

Delighted for Edin, seems like a genuinely decent guy. Plays with a smile on his face and is a quality finisher. That second goal was as clinical as you'll see.

Don't think much more could really be asked of in terms of character when we went down to ten. Even at 0-0 we created a load of chances and you wouldn't have know they had a man advantage.

Delighted for Edin, seems like a genuinely decent guy. Plays with a smile on his face and is a quality finisher. That second goal was as clinical as you'll see.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement