Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 Mod warning post # 1403

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

A5_XFleCIAI1xTq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

F*cking RTE commentary is pissing me off, they are absolutely eulogizing about Ajax, in a completely over the top fashion, and then when City score they sound crest fallen. Wouldn't get this if United were playing. Yeah a few nice passing movements by Ajax, but we were hardly on the rack.

Delicious finish from Nasri. It was against the run of play to be fair but should help us settle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

So much money.....Poulson looking comfortable at the base of the Ajax midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Delicious finish from Nasri. It was against the run of play to be fair but should help us settle.

Wrong again

Good finish from De Jong, they've had 60% possession and been the better side for the most part.

Look forward to welcoming more of my hoops buddies to the thread later on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Good finish from De Jong, they've had 60% possession and been the better side for the most part.

In fairness, you only have yourself to blame for that.

As for the match, we've been comfortable for the most part and once again suffer the lack of concentration at the back, we had two players being very pedestrian getting back to cover that cross, otherwise it could have been easily defended. Disappointing because we need these three points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Nope, wont hear from me again, ive better things to do than troll against fans of a team i have zero interest in...just proving a point.

• Advertisement

allybhoy wrote: »
    Nope, wont hear from me again, ive better things to do than troll against fans of a team i have zero interest in...just proving a point.

Clearly you don't seeing as you took the time to post here...

Point well made caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

niallo24 wrote: »
    F*cking RTE commentary is pissing me off, they are absolutely eulogizing about Ajax, in a completely over the top fashion, and then when City score they sound crest fallen. Wouldn't get this if United were playing. Yeah a few nice passing movements by Ajax, but we were hardly on the rack.

Yeah, where's Niall Quinn when you need him...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

;) What's the score?

;) What's the score?

Lol the fact you're now thread stalking is hilarious. Thought you bhoys would be better than that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

mancini must be close to the sack at this stage.

Dempsey wrote: »
    mancini must be close to the sack at this stage.

You might not be far wrong. Given the money spent and the understandable expectations, not getting out of the group for a second time would be a disaster.

Depends whether the 'Group of Death' excuse flies again with the owners.

EDIT: 3-1, that's that so. Terrible again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

;) What's the score?
    Ajax 3-1 City. Latest.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Ooops - not looking good for the Sheikh's investment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

Mancini must be close to the sack at this stage.
    Well just listening to George Hamilton there - I didn't realise that Mancini's european record was so poor given the teams he has had and the money at his disposal.

Abramovich is quick to dispense with managers, these Arabs may be the same

You might not be far wrong. Given the money spent and the understandable expectations, not getting out of the group for a second time would be a disaster.

Depends whether the 'Group of Death' excuse flies again with the owners.

hate to quote the rte lads but they had a point in the dortmund match, they are a collection of great individuals but not a team and no real game plan. thats all on mancini and his coaching staff.

do you think that should be an excuse considering the way manc played the 1st half tonight? i wouldnt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Talking about sacking him is crazy.

• Advertisement

hate to quote the rte lads but they had a point in the dortmund match, they are a collection of great individuals but not a team and no real game plan. thats all on mancini and his coaching staff.

do you think that should be an excuse considering the way manc played the 1st half tonight? i wouldnt

To call them a collection of individuals is a bit unfair given how many times they've pulled results out of nowhere at this stage.

There is something fundamentally wrong though when they keep getting in to those situations in the first place. This three at the back nonsense is doing him no favours either.
    double GG wrote: »

Is it? It depends on what the preseason expectations were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

Lol the fact you're now thread stalking is hilarious. Thought you bhoys would be better than that :D
    Thread stalking??? I only came into ask the score. how many posts do you have in that other thread?? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Should be a penalty there

Hooray - Mad Mario coming on - great entertainment coming up. He'll either get a hat trick or be sent off :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

If George Hamilton mentions Citys comeback on the last day of the season one more time .I WILL hunt him down, rip off his arm and beat him to death with the wet end

One of the most irritating commentators i have ever had the displeasure to listen to:mad:

66/1 for a City win :pac:

Might help City in the league getting knocked out.

Takes years to mix it with the big boys in the CL

To call them a collection of individuals is a bit unfair given how many times they've pulled results out of nowhere at this stage.

There is something fundamentally wrong though when they keep getting in to those situations in the first place. This three at the back nonsense is doing him no favours either.

Is it? It depends on what the preseason expectations were.

there is a definite lack of cohesion in how they play for me. it seems to be alot of individual brilliance over great team moves that gets them those goals i think.

ye'll be doing well to finish 3rd now i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

Sparks43 wrote: »
    If George Hamilton mentions Citys comeback on the last day of the season one more time .I WILL hunt him down, rip off his arm and beat him to death with the wet end
    You better get used to it. He was still going on about Barcelona 99 during United games years after, despite the fact that majority had moved on long ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

double GG wrote: »

He did the bare minimum with City.

He had to win the league with those assets at his disposal. Not doing so would've been sheer incompetence.
    City have the 3rd best team in the world, and that's largely to do with freaks like Messi and Ronaldo who are so much better than anyone else that they massively skew the overall quality of Barca and Real.

What do City fans think of Mancini, not only on this board, but in general?

Obviously not a City fan but I don't really have an axe to grind against them. I don't particularly respect their achievements (given the resources available) but I don't begrudge the City fans some silverware and I like almost all City's players.

It seems fairly likely that Mourinho will become free during the summer.
    Himself and Rafa are CL winning managers. Guardiola will be available too, but I think he has a little bit to prove away from a system running throughout the club so singularly geared to him. Where do City turn next?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

66/1 for a City win :pac:

Enjoying your glorious defeat much? You gave stick last night when a club like Celtic, who can't complete with the player pool City have available, came within seconds of getting a result in the Nou Camp. What do you think about City being embarrassed tonight? It's the manager's fault, yes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Dunphy is right, ye need Martin o Neil :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

According to Dunphy Martin O'Neill is a better coach than Mancinni and Mario Balotelli is a terrible player.

What a ****ing spoofer.

Seaneh wrote: »
    According to Dunphy Martin O'Neill is a better coach than Mancinni and Mario Balotelli is a terrible player.

What a ****ing spoofer.

Suprised people still take Dunphy seriously..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

RTE is just hilarious. The amount of bull**** is immense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Dunphy at his best tonight.

Enjoying your glorious defeat much? You gave stick last night when a club like Celtic, who can't complete with the player pool City have available, came within seconds of getting a result in the Nou Camp. What do you think about City being embarrassed tonight? It's the manager's fault, yes?

You Celtic lads are becoming a tad obsessive :o

To answer the question though, it's the manager and the players. The players sat too deep in the first half and allowed Ajax to play. Not good enough.

The manager has proven himself to be tactically inept on a number of occasions and thinks three at the back with left footed Clichy on the right is a viable situation.

It's a mess in Europe, most definitely, BUT we're unbeaten in the league so he's going nowhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

MUSEIST wrote: »
    RTE is just hilarious. The amount of bull**** is immense

I love it though, great craic watching it:D

I'd agree about balotelli though, wouldn't have him anywhere near my team tbh and we've only one striker:pac:

Seaneh wrote: »

What a ****ing spoofer.
    Can't stand Dunphy, but in fairness to him he said that he was a terrible player to spend £25M on. He also said that Mourniho had called Balotelli unmanageable. Giles and Houghton are saying pretty much the same

• Advertisement

i think martin o neill could get more out of those players than mancini has.

balotelli is marmite in terms of opinions but he isnt doing the business this season, is he? worth the price tag? not really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Yet when dunphy is taking about Ireland and trap, people think the man is taking sense, he is **** stir and nothing more.

• Site Banned Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Ares

Money can't buy European pedigree.

I don't see why its such a big shock. Every team in the group has massive European pedigree, all of them having won Champions League's. City were in League 1 thirteen years ago. The last 5 season before the takeover their finished were, 16th, 8th, 15th, 14th and 9th.

At the end of the day that is the level of this football club. When all the millions stop being pumped in and their is a wage bill to turnover ratio of 1.5:1 and no one to pay it this is the level that Man City will once again find themselves at. Lower reaches of the top league. The level they've been at for most of their 118 years of existence.

The fact of the matter is that at this moment in time they can't compete with the big dogs of Europe. The past two seasons has proven that beyond all doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Mancini interviews are so hard to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

i think martin o neill could get more out of those players than mancini has.

Jaysis, try harder will you. Xavi really rattled your cage last night. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭bookie basher

times up for mancini, nothing more than a cheque book manager, and a manager who blows some money on questionable players, do you think he
    could get a team playing like de boer did and with a small budget?, not a hope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

times up for mancini, nothing more than a cheque book manager, and a manager who blows some money on questionable players, do you think he
    could get a team playing like de boer did and with a small budget?, not a hope

He won a premier league, cheque managers don't win premier leagues. He did well at inter as well before city. All the English teams are struggling lately, it's not just city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Might help City in the league getting knocked out.

Takes years to mix it with the big boys in the CL

Roberto Mancini's record in the CL is very poor. Getting a balance and experience is key to winning the CL but you'd still expect City to be more competitive in this group.

Des wrote: »

ill rephrase, based on tonights performance and a few others ones this season, i think steve staunton could get more out of those players.

Des wrote: »
    Any manager who takes no **** would do better with those players as a lot of them would be shipped out in the next transfer window. The problem at City seems to be they won't hire a manager who will be given overall control like Ferguson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭General Relativity

ill rephrase, based on tonights performance and a few others ones this season, i think steve staunton could get more out of those players.

Jesus, lets not go mental here.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement