Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 Mod warning post # 1403

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I was just thinking about when we last saw him, and I think the last time he played was in the Community Shield in August. Most recent league match was as far back as last February. It's really bizarre how he's dropped off the radar altogether.

Here's the latest about him - http://www.squawka.com/news/manchester-city-boss-says-matija-nastasic-should-be-out-for-one-more-week/235962?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

If he doesn't turn up in a week's time, I'd be starting to suspect there's actually some personal matter keeping him off the pitch. Assuming he can play as well as he did last year, he'd be the answer to so many of our problems. A 19 year old home-grown (at least according to PL rules) outstanding CB? Perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,114 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Whats the deal with Yaya now can he play against Roma?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Apparently Nastastic is ''injured''
    How come whenever asked about him pellegrini says hes injured ?!?!

I think hes better then Boyota.

Glad he is injured cos he is garbage! One of the most over rated defenders i have seen in a long time....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

POKERKING wrote: »
    Glad he is injured cos he is garbage! One of the most over rated defenders i have seen in a long time....

Lol I think thats a bit too harsh.

POKERKING wrote: »

I'll just say I really don't share your opinion :)

Gah, Wexford Youths Women's matches always seem to clash with City matches. Missing the Sunderland match unfortunately, we're playing UCD Waves, huge match for the women :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Moving-the-goalposts-300x2402.jpg

UEFA's predicted reaction to City's latest financial figures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Another quality goal

Another qualty goal
    The man is pure class, end of. And coming so quickly after our now annual concession of a goal at the SOL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Aguero doesn't even need teammates, one of the few players that can create a chance for himself out of nothing. That flick for the Jovetic goal was unreal also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭POKERKING

I'll just say I really don't share your opinion :)

Gah, Wexford Youths Women's matches always seem to clash with City matches. Missing the Sunderland match unfortunately, we're playing UCD Waves, huge match for the women :o

Thats fair enough, he is equal to Savic for me in the sh1t stakes, i watched him very closely, what he has over Savic is his ability to hide and make it look like it wasnt his fault, least Savic put himself about(and ultimatly failed most of the time), Nastasic is like the defensive version of Tom Cleverly takes easy option out and makes his team mates take the fall, its a great skill really.

Mancini replacing Lescott with Nastasic was one of the main reasons we went to **** in the season after we won the league. For a defender, Nastasic always finds a way of not having to do any defending(and not because he reads the game well).

Im not the only one to share this view, a good chunk of city fans think the same.

I was probably a bit harsh saying he was one of the most over rated defenders i have seen at city, that award goes to Jerome Boateng!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Today's game just got a whole lot more important. Cmon lads.

Game on

This day keeps getting better and better:
    First Chelsea lost to Newcastle 2-1 if it were not for red card they would have lost 2-0
    Now Arsenal getting hammered by Stoke 3-0 HT
    Liverpool drawing against Sunderland, the team we gave a good beating 4 days ago. HT

Milner is everywhere today. Well done Newcastle, the Chelsea invincible talk can end now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭Hitchens

well, just three in it now and we're not to Christmas yet! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Mulumpy

Jeez they've no luck with injuries though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Id say Aguero's injury is probably his ACL. 6-9 months out.

Pellegrini: "It's bad news. He has a problem with his ligament in his knee."

Sounds like Talib was right, awful news.

Mulumpy wrote: »
    Jeez they've no luck with injuries though.
    Yep; you hear other sides whinging about their list of injuries. I doubt any side has had three more influential players out for large parts of the last couple of seasons as we've had with Vinnie, Merlin and now Sergio. Not to mention Edin, Samir and Aleks. It's devastating for Kun; crushing to see him in tears tonight.

If it is a season ending injury then buying a striker in January is a must. Who'd be a suitable purchase though?

• Advertisement

Apart from the Roma game, if there's a good time for Sergio Aguero to get injured, it's now, with games away to Leicester, home to Crystal Palace, away to West Brom, then home to Burnley and Sunderland.

Gutted for Kun. Hopefully it's not as bad an injury as expected.

Hitchens wrote: »
    Apart from the Roma game, if there's a good time for Sergio Aguero to get injured, it's now, with games away to Leicester, home to Crystal Palace, away to West Brom, then home to Burnley and Sunderland.

Yeah but after his injury he does not play as he did before.
    it takes quite some time for him to fully recover up to his standards as highlighted last year.

Yeah but after his injury he does not play as he did before.
    it takes quite some time for him to fully recover up to his standards as highlighted last year.
    that depends on the extent of the injury of course

Let there be no panic somebody will step up,

All I'll say is the sooner Merlin is back the better. I have a sneaky suspicion Kun won't be out for too long though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Any update on how long Kun will be out for?

Any update on how long Kun will be out for?

Not yet, hopefully by the end of tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Not yet, hopefully by the end of tomorrow.

Minimum 4 weeks,on SSN now.

zerks wrote: »
    Minimum 4 weeks,on SSN now.

Well that's not so bad, could have been minimum 4 months.

• Advertisement

As Hitchens said before: This is the best time for Aguero to get injured.
    If its 4 weeks that means Aguero should be back when we face Everton again on the 10th of Jan.
    All the matches before hand are quite doable wins(teams from the bottom 5). Apart from Roma of course, any news of Silva,Kompany and Jovetic being able to play ?

best we could have hoped for

Happy with that considering everything. He shouldn't be rushed back though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

Precarious week..... DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNN!

So the situation tomorrow - City will progress to the last 16 if they beat Roma in Italy and CSKA Moscow fail to beat Bayern Munich in Germany. City still progress if they get a score draw and CSKA Moscow lose to Bayern. However, if both games end in a draw, then Roma progress. If CSKA and City both win then the Russians will qualify because of their superior head-to-head record.

Silva and Kompany will both have fitness tests tomorrow, keep everything crossed that at least one of them is fit.

Well that's not so bad, could have been minimum 4 months.
    Pellers saying that it could be up to 8 weeks.

Sergio Aguero will miss between four and six weeks with a knee injury, says manager Manuel Pellegrini.

Can anyone genuinely see Pellegrini being City manager this time next year?

I think he'll be sacked during the Summer for Klopp or Simeone or someone...

Dayum wrote: »
    Can anyone genuinely see Pellegrini being City manager this time next year?

I think he'll be sacked during the Summer for Klopp or Simeone or someone...

I dont think the owners will be too happy with no silverware

but he should be safe if we win the league

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Hoping somebody can clarify here.

Assuming CSKA lose.

City only need a draw to qualify yes?

City -1 GD
    Roma -4 GD

Both 5 points

H2H 1-1 in City

Hoping somebody can clarify here.

Assuming CSKA lose.

City only need a draw to qualify yes?

City -1 GD
    Roma -4 GD

Both 5 points

H2H 1-1 in City

A scored draw 1-1 2-2 etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

A scored draw 1-1 2-2 etc

Yeh that's what I thought.

But here's where I'm struggling:

''Roma: Will be guaranteed progress by beating City. A 0-0 draw would also see them into the last-16 if CSKA lose to Bayern, while a score-draw would be enough if CSKA also draw.

Manchester City: Complicated. Will qualify with a win in Rome as long as CSKA do not win in Germany. Will also qualify with a score-draw if CSKA lose''

So if CSKA draw and City draw, that means City are out no matter what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Roma have a better head to head than CSKA.
    CSKA have a better head to head then City.
    City will only have a better head to head than Roma if they win or else draw scoring two or more goals.
    If City draw 1-1 they will be level on points AND head to head with Roma so will go through on their superior goal difference, provided Moscow lose.

Anyone have any updates on Silva or Kompany?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Both trained yesterday

Decsion wont be made until before kick off

• Advertisement

Without Aguero and Yaya, and maybe Merlin and Vinnie as well, it's a big ask. What price us winning, but CSKA also winning in Munich? It'd would be one of those ''typical City'' moments.

Ya, possibly our four best players out. The spine of our team basically, this is a huge ask. Someone else needs to step up tonight, my money is on Milner or Dzeko being that guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Joe Exotic

Ya, possibly our four best players out. The spine of our team basically, this is a huge ask. Someone else needs to step up tonight, my money is on Milner or Dzeko being that guy.

Agreed have a feeling Milner could be our guy

Have a feeling City are going out tonight...

For the sheer quality they have in that dressing room they should have never put themselves in this situation. Pellegrini will be gone by June.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Joe Exotic

not so sure will he be gone being honest(if city go out and say finish 2nd), city won the league last season and the difference between him and mancini is mancini had completely lost the dressing room.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement