Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 Mod warning post # 1403

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

MCFC starting 11: Hart, Zab, Demi, Mangala, Clichy, Navas, 2 Ferns, Milner, Nasri, Dzeko.

Silva on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Dayum wrote: »
    Have a feeling City are going out tonight...

For the sheer quality they have in that dressing room they should have never put themselves in this situation. Pellegrini will be gone by June.
    Problem is that 3 of our top notch players aren't in that dressing room tonight. And a fourth one isn't fit to start the game tonight. You take the four strongest players out of any side in the world, and they're going to struggle to compete at this sort of level, And the replacements aren't of the same level; no club's second string XI is as strong as their first choice team. The very best I can see is a score draw tonight. Will it be enough? Hmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭bren_mc

bayern 1 up:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Joe Exotic

YYYYESSSSSSSSS

Get in there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,114 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Bayern 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Well holy god, ****ing fantastic :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Joe Exotic

Nasri Motm in my book

Great to see merlin back looked ok considering he is just back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Dayum wrote: »
    Have a feeling City are going out tonight...

did ya feel it in yer wather? :p

Zab makes it 2 ;)

Hart motm surely!

Hitchens wrote: »
    did ya feel it in yer wather? :p

Zab makes it 2 ;)

I hope he put money on it :D

• Advertisement

....and all done and dusted without Vin, Kun or YaYA....wow :cool:

A genuinely good night in Europe for City, for a change. Well deserved and I'll be enjoying it fully :D

So back to play a top seed again at least it wont be Bayern!

blueser wrote: »
    Problem is that 3 of our top notch players aren't in that dressing room tonight. And a fourth one isn't fit to start the game tonight. You take the four strongest players out of any side in the world, and they're going to struggle to compete at this sort of level, And the replacements aren't of the same level; no club's second string XI is as strong as their first choice team. The very best I can see is a score draw tonight. Will it be enough? Hmm.
    Abslutely delighted to have been made look a fool!

blueser wrote: »
    Abslutely delighted to have been made look a fool!
    no harm to be cautious ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

We need to get everyone fit and really go for this

We need to get everyone fit and really go for this
    Forget it; we're not at the level of Real or Barca yet; I'd be happy with a Q/F or, with a bit of luck, a S/F.

Draw is on the 15th, first leg to be played 2nd or 3rd week in February.

I think I'm right in saying we can't be drawn against Bayern or Chelsea, so we can get Atletico Madrid, Real Madrid, Monaco, Borussia Dortmund, Barcelona or Porto.

Draw is on the 15th, first leg to be played 2nd or 3rd week in February.

I think I'm right in saying we can't be drawn against Bayern or Chelsea, so we can get Atletico Madrid, Real Madrid, Monaco, Borussia Dortmund, Barcelona or Porto.

Porto or Monaco would be nice.

• Advertisement

Porto or Monaco would be nice.

Somebody in the Champions League thread posted a statistical analysis of who we are most likely to get drawn against, and the highest was Dortmund. Anyone but Real or Barca and I'm confident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Saying it now. We're gonna get Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Found this interesting.

Sergio Aguero missed 5 games last Christmas. City won every game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

SlickRic wrote: »
    Found this interesting.

Sergio Aguero missed 5 games last Christmas. City won every game.

Considering their opponents in the next few weeks they should be fine as long as hes back for the games against Everton, Arsenal and Chelsea in about 6-8 weeks time.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Considering their opponents in the next few weeks they should be fine as long as hes back for the games against Everton, Arsenal and Chelsea in about 6-8 weeks time.

We do have an amazingly easy run of fixtures for christmas tbf. Leicester, Palace, WBA, Burnley. Should be another 12 points on the board. West Ham, Southampton and Stoke in less than a week won't be as easy for Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

We do have an amazingly easy run of fixtures for christmas tbf. Leicester, Palace, WBA, Burnley. Should be another 12 points on the board. West Ham, Southampton and Stoke in less than a week won't be as easy for Chelsea.

I'm nervous of this mindset. After all its always the supposed easier games where City drop points.
    From what I saw last week Leicester played very well, there's no room for complacency.

• Advertisement

City will steam roll leicester tomorrow.

Wont be close, yes theyre missing arguably the best player in the league but theyre far from a one man team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

City will steam roll leicester tomorrow.

Wont be close, yes theyre missing arguably the best player in the league but theyre far from a one man team.

The difference when Kun plays and when he doesn't is the ease at which we score goals. Seem to need twice as many chances when he's missing. Edin needs to step up, he's done it before so let's hope he can again.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

Hey

Who will be in the man city back four do ye think ?

james123 wrote: »
    Hey

Who will be in the man city back four do ye think ?

Depends on fitness but
    clichy demechiles Kompany zab/song be my guess

As above, but if Kompany isn't fit it'll be Mangala

• Advertisement

As above, but if Kompany isn't fit it'll be Mangala

He's back training and hopefully starts but if not Mangala is his replacement no doubt!

Edin injured in the pre match warm up, so young Pozo gets to start the game. Our three main strikers (Edin, Kun and Jojo) are now all injured. We must really have p1ssed someone off big time.

Nice finish by Lampard. He's always in the right place at the right time.

Hes now equal with Henry for EPL goals :eek:

Says it all, legend of a midfielder

Two Chelsea players booked for diving......................asterisks mounting up!

Garth Crooks - "Twice, Chelsea players have dived in the first 60 minutes - first Willian and Gary Cahill. It's disgraceful. Managers can't say what I'm about to say - it questions the integrity of the refereeing. Is he intimidated by Stamford Bridge? The referee is not being fair. Cahill is on a yellow card and dived. He should have got another booking for that. The only conclusion you can come to is because it's Chelsea and now the injustice has got the Hull players' blood boiling. They're thinking they might as well take the law into their own hands."

Cahill should have went it was a terrible dive.

Willians wasnt nowhere as bad. What he failed to mention was Costa also got booked for diving even though he got up straight away and didnt look for a free.

Crooks is clown and Foy, the ref, is one of the worse in the league and lost the game early on with stupid bookings.

Jose Mourinho says his players do not dive :D

Missed the whole game, anywhere to watch it or get some detailed highlights?

Missed the whole game, anywhere to watch it or get some detailed highlights?
    BBC 1 Match of the Day tonight 10:30 pm ;)

Willians wasnt nowhere as bad. What he failed to mention was Costa also got booked for diving even though he got up straight away and didnt look for a free.

Crooks is clown and Foy, the ref, is one of the worse in the league and lost the game early on with stupid bookings.
    blatant dive by Costa........as for Kayhill, Olympic standard dive and the ref bottled it :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Cahill shouldn't even have been on the pitch at that stage. That was a nasty, poor tackle he did earlier in the game. Foy had a very poor game.

We need Jovetic back asap. Pozo might be a decent player eventually but not now and not starting up front on his own. Too bad we loaned out Iheanacho.

We need Jovetic back asap. Pozo might be a decent player eventually but not now and not starting up front on his own. Too bad we loaned out Iheanacho.

What's the deal with negredo?Is davd villa not part of that New York club or is that taking the piss completely?

What's the deal with negredo?Is davd villa not part of that New York club or is that taking the piss completely?

Not sure the ins and outs of Negredo's loan agreement tbh. David Villa would be big time taking the piss, but it actually sounds like a great idea.

Not sure the ins and outs of Negredo's loan agreement tbh. David Villa would be big time taking the piss, but it actually sounds like a great idea.

You heard it here first!
    But who else is there, guess Silva can take the role on but scraping the bottom of the barrel.
    Any one know the time scale on the injuries
    Aguero is 8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

I don't see why Villa couldn't be brought in if needed

How about Robbie Keane on loan?

I wonder will MP lob in a bid to Swansea for Bony?

Hitchens wrote: »
    I wonder will MP lob in a bid to Swansea for Bony?

The problem as I understand it, is that City's transfer spending under FPP has been capped. Without selling players we only have an allowed budget of £10m in the January window. £10m doesn't buy a whole lot of striker. especially in January.

• Advertisement

loobylou wrote: »
    The problem as I understand it, is that City's transfer spending under FPP has been capped. Without selling players we only have an allowed budget of £10m in the January window. £10m doesn't buy a whole lot of striker. especially in January.
    right...................Robbie Keane it is so :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement